Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:44 pm Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

Quote:
Some CCers though, have wanted to be able to start a campaign with the same men thay finished the previous campaign with, particularly with DOF which has 3 Campaigns which, consecutively, cover the Eastern front war, from beggining to end, using the 42 DOF campaign OPs.

That will probably be do'able.

Quote:
When it comes to making a change to CC3/COI, the ONE thing, that would make the single biggest improvement to the game, would be if you could make it impossible for the AI to flee

Personally, I'd hate to see that.  However, it would make the Sim more compelling if the AI did not flee depending on the situation, so it's not that I would not want to see the AI not fleeing, but I would not want to see them never fleeing.  I can see how that may appeal to those who relish annihilating the enemy, but I can't see how it would improve the game as a sim.  But that's an engine not a saved game thing...

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 pm Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

Quote:
Having not played CC for near on a year,

Ain't marriage bliss?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:14 am Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally, I'd hate to see that.  However, it would make the Sim more compelling if the AI did not flee depending on the situation, so it's not that I would not want to see the AI not fleeing, but I would not want to see them never fleeing

It would definately improve the sim, a human opponent rarely, if ever flees.
Taking the AI's ability to flee away, changes the single player game from a walkover against a mob of gutless pussies, who will flee, handing you a map, even when the AI is supposed to be attacking and advancing, into a real struggle for territory, against an enemy who who will fight to the death for every inch of ground, never handing you victory on a plate!

A truly satisfying victory, is one that is an epic struggle, in which the battle ebbs and flows, where there is no certainty of an inevitable victory. A Campaign where a victory is won by a single campaign point. Now thats the thrill players want from the game. Such results a usually only attained in H2H.

When i play the AI in CC3, i usually limit battles to 10 mins, with 2 min warning on to ease the AI's felt pressure, any longer only garantees an AI retreat. Otherwise its just too easy to beat AI when attacking, even with the AI having a greater force strenght, and too easy to rout the AI when it attacks with a 5:1 force strength advantage.

So, removing the AI's ability to flee would make CC3/COI more challenging for single player games and would reignite players interest

Cheers

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:18 am Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

Still sending positive waves @ VonB need your eventual help with this.... http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14653

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:42 am Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
[quote]

So, removing the AI's ability to flee would make CC3/COI more challenging for single player games and would reignite players interest

Cheers

AGS

Nope I think thats a big negatory boss Hog!  One of the decoded benefits of CC3/COI is the withdraw feature that permits damaged units to be withdrawn and rebuilt with added experience to the survivors and at a lesser cost than buying a complete new unit.

Forced AI "stay on the map and die like dogs" is a bad idea

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:15 am Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

Part of traditional CCIII Op or GC play is knowing when to retreat. As with the Russians at the early part of the war to the Germans in the latter, falling back to better ground while maintaining the integrity and strenth of your fighting force is part of the game (and the real war). Better to lose the day, than lose the day and your fire brigade.

There are many ways to make AI games more challenging. One way is how you choose your fighting force. In a h2h match naturally you get the best units you can. Against the AI you can choose lesser units while gving the AI more points. If you been attacking with 5 elite tanks, AT guns, Mortars, Elite troops you can't expect the AI to very much competition even if they fought to the death.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:05 pm Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

Gday Shane, i hope you were not in shaky town last week
Quote:
Nope I think thats a big negatory boss Hog!  One of the decoded benefits of CC3/COI is the withdraw feature that permits damaged units to be withdrawn and rebuilt with added experience to the survivors and at a lesser cost than buying a complete new unit.

Fleeing is all fine and good for the human player, that can stay. Its the AI that capitulates at the drop of a hat handing the player maps that it could have held and made the player really fight for that annoys me. The AI will even flee with less than 10 seconds to go, while holding over half the VLs! Now thats just STUPID, lets even say moronic!
SO WHAT if the AI is butchered, if it has 1 man left alive on the map, and holds 1 VL when the clock ticks 00:00.01, then it holds the map and the player is under pressure to take it the next day. Players want enough challenge to get their adrenalyn flowing. Easy victory after easy victory just becomes blaset (just guessing at the spelling there). The AI wont care about the cost of replaciing its forcepool,the CC program is very generous with the RP to the AI when it gets slaughtered.

@ US_Brake, i always use regular wehrmacht against Russian AI because i always play DOF OPs/Camps on hero with little RP against the AI with lots, (and its still too easy to get AI to flee).
Knock out 2-3 AI tanks, give some inf orders to move to AI held VLs and the map is yours  Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Part of traditional CCIII Op or GC play is knowing when to retreat
well, thats fine for the human player, i am not for removing the flee option from the game period, just from the AI, because the AI has NO IDEA WHEN NOT TO FLEE!
cheers
AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

Returning to the original question, will it be possible to fix VLs across a grid of maps?

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:40 pm Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

Can you be a bit more specific?  VL's are recorded in the Scenario/Saved Game File(s) so maybe....

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:39 am Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

My answer to the original question: Make as many new options as possible! (only limited by the time you have to muck around)  Wink

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:55 pm Post subject: Re: CCODM : Suggestions for Rev 1 please... Reply with quote

vonB wrote (View Post):
Can you be a bit more specific?

Victory locations (and deployment zones) are handled differently by MMCC III and IV/V/WaR/tLD/LS@A. As I understand it MMCC III VLs (and deployment zones) cannot be specified for an individual map without every other map having the same VLs (and deployment zones).

The IV/V/WaR/tLD/LS@A system is better.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: