Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
bagde58

Rep: 7.6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:13 pm Post subject: WAR H2H effective strategies against Axis Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Hi,

I am playing Grand Campaign as Allied in multiplayer. I would like to have this discusions open for people who would like to share tips on playing Allied side in multiplayer and winning.
Maps/tactics/units/mistakes just anything worthy u found and are willing to share.

-----
PS Of course I obviously Axis can read English as well and are wecome to use this discussion. I would even agree to apply Otto Skorzeny's tactics and mislead the American dogs in this discussion.

PS2 in case there is another discussion with the same topic, please give me a link

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:30 pm Post subject: Re: WAR H2H effective strategies against Axis Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Just buy time. You don't need to be the 300, just slow down the Germans long enough for some more reinforcements to enter the area. If you can keep them from making deep penetrations the first few days you've got a decent chance of holding them off.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: WAR H2H effective strategies against Axis Grand Campaign Reply with quote

What settings are you playing with ie line vs line, time limit, morale etc?

In following up what Dundraderl said, in general as Allies you want to delay the Germans as much as possible and try to prevent any major breakthroughs in your line until you get enough reinforecments in to create a solid line. Chances are the Germans will breakthrough somewhere unless your opponent is not very good. Study the strat map connection map and make sure you know the movement possibilitys between maps (not clear when in the Game itself) and protect the main avenues/lines of advance toward key maps and your supply lines. Knowing the connections between maps will let you know what key exit/entr vls to hold on those maps in the battle phase as well as the best routes to get your reinforcements to the front as quick as possible to where you need them in the strat phase.

Generally speaking the two southern most maps the US German BGs are fairly matched and it is difficult for the Germans to breakthrough iinitially on these maps. Germans are more likely to breakthrough in the Middle over the 28th div and in the North if they switch out their 1st ss and 12th ss Armor Groups with the starting 3rd FJ and Volks BG. Of course the Allies get a fair amount of reinfocrements in the North to plug holes if develop, while only one 9th BG in the middle so be wary of any breakthroughs in the middle, you may want to start sending some of the  reinforcing BGs from the North early towards the middle of the Start map or somewhere in between depending on how the situation is looking.

I prefer to use my US Armor Groups as firebrigades keeping them behind the main defense line to meet a German breakthrough if needed. Dont let these groups get cut out of supply.

Be wary of pulling back Allied groups in the first couple of days unless absolutely necessary due to chance of redirection and possiblility of nasty meeting engagement in German Favor.

good luck

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 pm Post subject: Re: WAR H2H effective strategies against Axis Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Don't waste you support on BG's that you know aren't going to be able to keep a map.
The best use of support is on maps that the Germans 1st attack due to the small deployment area.

How's the game progressing so far?
Your original post was almost 2 months ago.

bagde58

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: WAR H2H effective strategies against Axis Grand Campaign Reply with quote

2 platoon_michael

We play slow. Now it is 3rd day. I hold the line. I have 1 breakthough downstares of a panzer army, but I hold 1 fresh tank BG to close the gap. In the north Peiper and other big panzer group have disbanded my Cavalry and Flamethrover BGs. At other locations, I hold OK. North bothers me. But from your answers I understand that I just simply have to throw much meat I have to kill as many panzers as possible then reinforce and strike back.

My questions in more detail:

- Some maps are good to lure panzers some are not. Which?
- There are ideas of several tactics how to retreat and counterattack in order to cut progressing germans. Which are effective?
- Which battle groups are most effective against which?

thx

Last edited by bagde58 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

bagde58

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: WAR H2H effective strategies against Axis Grand Campaign Reply with quote

lt_2nd

Thanks.

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:01 pm Post subject: Re: WAR H2H effective strategies against Axis Grand Campaign Reply with quote

As far as maps in the north,IMO, Recht and Meyerode are both bad for tanks and good defensive maps for the Allies against tanks, lots of woods with only a couple of limited roads/paths for tanks to advance.

also, Butgenbach can be a good defensive map initially against strong german armour attacking from the east ( Bullingen) if you have a group there with good At capability (3" and 57mm) given that the starting position for the germans is in the bottom southeast corner of the map, US can deploy AT in N edge and W edge getting flank shots on german armour.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: