Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1270
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:29 pm Post subject: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

This patch 3.50.01 supercedes patch 3.50.01b.

Download Link - CoI Patch 3.50.01

Please report bugs to the Cross of Iron - Bug Reports and Suggestions discussion.

Release Story - Cross of Iron Patch 3.50.01

Changes in this update are;

EXE fixes

- LOS line now displays correctly when LOS is blocked but LOF is not (i.e. line is light green / dark green).
- Reduced accuracy when LOS to target is blocked.
- Muzzle flashes now visible on client in multi-player games.
- Voice cue & message for weapon ineffective against target protection / armor only plays when target is a vehicle.
- Gunner now checks if HE for main gun is rated more highly than AP before automatically unloading HE and assuming AP will be reloaded.
- Fixed a timing issue with multi-player handshaking where both players would get stuck on the multi-player screen after the connection was first established.

DLL & help files

- Changed About dialog title to “Close Combat: Cross of Iron”
- Added copyright notices (they were there but hidden previously).
- Modified various strings that referred to “Close Combat III: The Russian Front”

GETeams.txt

- Fixed a couple "Full Name" entries that displayed redundant information displayed in the "Default Name" which forced text outside of intended display area.

RUTeams.txt

- Fixed naming of Russian sniper unit names from SNT-40 to be SVT-40.

Weapons.txt

- Changed weapon "fire animate" for AT rifle from "bazooka" to "machine gun"
- Fixed weapon names that used a "." where they should not be used.
- Fixed weapon name for Russian SNT-40 to be SVT-40

Map fixes

- Updated map coding of walls to be more inline with the currently accepted map coding conventions. Maps effected are: ver1, ver3, ver7, ver8, ver9, ver11, ver12, Orel, orel2, orel3, Rom1, Rom2, Rom3.

Other updates

Added files from GameSaveFixforCoI.exe
- Added Command Center updates
- Added MMCC3 Multiplayer update from July 2009
- Added files from ModSwapBuilderUtility_Patch1010.exe
- Added updated Battle HQ files
- Updated Mod Swap exe

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Last edited by mooxe on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:50 am Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 Reply with quote

I'm glad that there's an official patch now, but I'm dissapointed that they didn't fix any bugs since the last beta, which this essentially is.  Sad

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:34 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 Reply with quote

Some clarification needed...

I just reinstalled COI to check something I suspected in this patch.

After installing this patch ModSwap is still version 1.0 and MMCC3 is still version 1.03r.

Can anyone else duplicate this?

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

What... the latest versions have been removed and replaced with older versions?

Is that what you see?

I think MMCC3 should be 1.04S

I think MoadSwap hasn't progressed past 1.0  (has it?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:36 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

ModSwap is at v1.2. Not sure if this came out before or after the patch, but the patch readme does say ModSwap was updated.

You are right, MMCC3 is 1.04s. After patching MMCC3 version did not change from 1.03r.

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Please bribe or cajole Dreaded 88 to make another mod for COI.  Last I heard he was thinking about finishing France 1940.  COI is the only re-release that was successfully adopt the "old" mods?

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:55 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Quote:
ModSwap is at v1.2.

Any idea when that was first made available?

But I'd suggest you download the user made version from here http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html

It supports CoI/WaR/tLD/LSA  and hence much more useful.

But here's a check

See if you can run two instances of the new modswap... if not then it is updated but version number has been left the same
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:16 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

For ModSwap it looks like the product version number has not been updated (this is displayed when you click on Help / About) but the file date and size has changed from the previous version...

Bug created for the ModSwap version number not being changed.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

can you run two instances of modswap?

if not then it's new.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

After checking again, the updated version does infact have the same version number as the old one. I can run the original version in multiple instances, not the version included in the patch.

Modswap 1.2 (user made version) was what I thought would be in the patch. You can run multiples of that btw.

What about MMCC3?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

I'm definitely running the new version as I can not run multiple copies, but I would like Mooxe or someone else who has access only to the Matrix released updates to confirm that they have the new version too.

The confirmed new version I have under Help /About still shows 1.0.

Edit: thanks for confirming Mooxe

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Quote:
Modswap 1.2 (user made version) was what I thought would be in the patch. You can run multiples of that btw.

Of course as it was based on the, at the time, current release, i believe... Let's hope it gets updated too.

Last edited by schrecken on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

If it's updated you should see same menu choices as below

strat1790.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.04 MB
 Viewed:  7769 Time(s)

strat1790.jpg

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

I double and triple checked. The latest COI patch does up change any MMCC3 files. All the file time stamps and sizes were identical. Tested running the patch with admin rights and still did not change any files in the /Server folder.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:08 am Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

Mooxe, did you mean after the v3.60 patch not the v3.50.01 at the top of this thread?

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:10 am Post subject: Re: CoI Official Patch 3.50.01 + Bug Reports Reply with quote

No I meant 3.50.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: