Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Looks good karlmortar!!!

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

The 251/21 had a'right' and a 'wrong' side; -If you weren't German you were on the wrong side!  Cool

Pz.Brigade 107 was one of few German units that could manoeuvre and move during daylight in September '44; -their AA-cover created a no-fly zone for Allied ground attack planes over the entire unit...

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

I think the british and american soldiers in LSA undertsand what you mean, Woulf! Wink
Unfortunatly it seems I have overpowered the Drilling's gun as it has almost full green pillars on the Antipersonel/distance scale, despite that I used the data from 20mm Quad.

"CC for ever"

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

First some "on hand" info, have no time to dig the books now, but I will make some soon:

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/p4013coll8&CISOPTR=1955&REC=1

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cgi-bin/showfile.exe?CISOROOT=/p4013coll8&CISOPTR=390&filename=379.pdf#search=%22holland%201944%22

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p4013coll8&CISOPTR=2899&CISOBOX=1&REC=3

If you haven't already, take a look here. There are some of the info you are seeking I'd say:

http://www.pegasusarchive.org/arnhem/frames.htm

kawasaky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Also, if you haven't seen this:

http://www.marketgarden.com/2010/UK/frames.html

there is a folding menu on the right, click on the "topics" button and then chose "statistics", and you will get some info on units strengths and equipment.

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Looking good, nice work

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:46 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

funny thing about panthers in LSA, i have decimated the panthers 4 times in 4 grand campaigns, again with new patch last night, and i have lost 1 shermanV,1 firefly and 1 achilles to approx 20 panthers! using artillery, piats, and 2 on 1 attacks, they are always decimated, cant wait to play it H2H though...

espree de corp

karlmortar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Hopefully they willbe more of a challange then.

Thanks for your information kawasaky, good stuff! Very Happy

Small update: Have gone through a few more BGs and finaly added the FJ StuH 42 to the game and to KGr Becker and as well 3 Heer (army) Sdk.Kfz 10/4 to Kgr FURSTENBERG (Not Fuestenberg!).

"CC for ever"

kawasaky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:13 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

I haven't read this paper in full, but there are some info on actual number of soldiers dropped alive and well into combat. However, no firm data on Germans here too, as their records from the period are, in the best case, partial:
http://ia311008.us.archive.org/1/items/AirborneAssaultOnHolland/Airborne_Assault_on_Holland.pdf

karlmortar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:29 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

wow, you keep on deliverying amazing information as if it were candy! Shocked
Excellent work! Very Happy

"CC for ever"

karlmortar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:37 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Time for an update:
All MOBLIE German BGs have been completed, the static ones I haven't quite figured out yet how to add/remove squads.

A few squads has been removed: SS Sd.kfz 250/7, Heer Sd.kfz 250/7, NL 6cm Grw(f), KM 4.5cm PaK (r),  NL 4.5cm PaK (r) ,NL 7.62cm PaK 39 (r), SS 15cm IG, Heer 15cm IG.

These has been replaced with: SS Möbelwagen, Heer möbelwagen, Heer Sd.kfz 10/4,  KM 2cm FlaK, NL 2cm FlaK. FJ 7.62cm PaK 39 (r), FJ StuH42 and Heer Sd.Kfz 251/21 Drilling.

Shortly I'll start to work with the Allied BGs.

"CC for ever"

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:34 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Is it possible to reduce the accuracy and power of mortars? My ATGs don't last more than a couple of seconds after they get their first shot off. It's my only real gripe with the game at the moment and something that has been consistant throughout the whole series.

karlmortar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

I don't know how to do it, but I can ask for help and reduce the accuracy, np Wink

"CC for ever"

karlmortar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:20 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Now that i know how to add more squads (not replacing) I can take back the deleted ones and add the new ones.

And now an update: The British PARA troops has been "historicly" corrected as to the ones in Dima's wonderful TRSM for GJS.
Next up are the British Air Landing troops!  Very Happy

"CC for ever"

karlmortar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:24 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Now the Airlanding squads are completed, now onto the 1st Independant Polish Airborne Brigade! Very Happy

"CC for ever"

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:06 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Great to hear that you're continuing work with the mod...just shout if you're stuck and need help.
Looking forward to playing LSA with historical touch-ups! Smile

kawasaky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:14 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Karlmortar, if you are still in need of some info I now have a bit of time to get into books, but please be specific about your needs so that I can do a targeted search.

Oh, and I do not vouch that I will be able to accomodate you completely  Wink

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Karlmortar, are you gonna edit the points cost for each unit?
I mean, using the real numbers for vehicles and men present won't change much, if we're not able to field them for the battle because of low points... It'd need battles like CCV rather than CCII

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

karlmortar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

I would love to reduce the cost of units, but how do you do that? Sad

"CC for ever"

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Take away their weapons
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: