Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1239
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:29 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

karlmortar wrote (View Post):
I would love to reduce the cost of units, but how do you do that? Sad

The value of the teams/units is calculated by the exe so you will not be able to change them unless you change the weapons/ammo/men/etc. per team/unit.

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:15 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Aha, understood. Wink

"CC for ever"

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Can you increase the points the BGs get for each battle then?

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

karlmortar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Have no idea if its even possible.

kawasaky, I would be very grateful if you could dig up any information on what the KGrs' attacking Groesbeek heights had in guns and vehicles and any information about the Hermann Göring Training and Replacement unit (how they were organized, what they had, where they fought and so on)

Very Happy

"CC for ever"

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

I was nearing the suicidal mood, considering the amount of scattered info that have to be compiled into coherent document. Overwhelmed I took me a pause, smoked some  Wink  and then my brain started to work! Gotta check http://www.cgsc.edu/carl/nafziger.htm and yep, there was one neat little document:
http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/944GIAD.pdf

Will try to scan some pages tomorrow and to write down a few more info from books, articles and such... I will post it until Saturday evening (CET).

karlmortar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:40 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Excellent work, kawasaky! Very Happy

At the moment it looks like I have completed all Allied and German infantry squads and given Mp40s to most Tank commanders (since it was supposed to be used against close assault teams trying to rush the tank).

Now im currently working on adding a few more guns,vehicles and teams to fill out the BGs a little more. When that has been acomplished I'll look over the forcepools again.

Btw; Do you guys want to play with historical numbers in Recruiy or Line mode?

Oh, one more thing: I need a pic of how an allied tactical sign for an AA gun looks like (the germans is an arrow poiting up and is attached by the bottom to an "O")

"CC for ever"

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:12 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

I compiled some more info, and will work a bit more on it during the late afternoon. Can supply you with what I' ve found during the evening, btw, check your PM karlmortar, if you haven't already.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:52 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Excellent work, kawasaky! Very Happy

At the moment it looks like I have completed all Allied and German infantry squads and given Mp40s to most Tank commanders (since it was supposed to be used against close assault teams trying to rush the tank).

Now im currently working on adding a few more guns,vehicles and teams to fill out the BGs a little more. When that has been acomplished I'll look over the forcepools again.

Btw; Do you guys want to play with historical numbers in Recruiy or Line mode?

Oh, one more thing: I need a pic of how an allied tactical sign for an AA gun looks like (the germans is an arrow poiting up and is attached by the bottom to an "O")

I think you should make the forcepool for both sides the Line way! Its not easy today without the forcepool editor...

Mats

zcharles

Rep: 15.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

kawasaky, I would be very grateful if you could dig up any information on what the KGrs' attacking Groesbeek heights had in guns and vehicles and any information about the Hermann Göring Training and Replacement unit (how they were organized, what they had, where they fought and so on)

Very Happy

Te Bg point are calculated by the exe too, so the more units has your BG, the more slots you have and the more points you gain each day. If you merge 2 BG, you'll gain more slots and the sum of each BG points every day.
about the mortar accuracy; it it editable by the weapons.txt file, in my little little sub-mod i've increased time of fire and decrased power, so it cost less points too (for every kind of mortar).
why don't you use my weapon file, along with the sound file? It has been patched in many details. Use the "soldier" file too, it changes the soldier size to the right size.
Download it, use weapons.txt, the whole sound directory and graphics directory, try it.
(experience and morale for all BG adjusted too, see the readme, there are nice things)
http://www.4shared.com/file/HBwokvIm/H2H.html
See you!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Line vs line is usually the historical balance/numbers...

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:41 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

zcharles wrote (View Post):

Very Happy

Te Bg point are calculated by the exe too, so the more units has your BG, the more slots you have and the more points you gain each day. If you merge 2 BG, you'll gain more slots and the sum of each BG points every day.
about the mortar accuracy; it it editable by the weapons.txt file, in my little little sub-mod i've increased time of fire and decrased power, so it cost less points too (for every kind of mortar).
why don't you use my weapon file, along with the sound file? It has been patched in many details. Use the "soldier" file too, it changes the soldier size to the right size.
Download it, use weapons.txt, the whole sound directory and graphics directory, try it.
(experience and morale for all BG adjusted too, see the readme, there are nice things)
See you!

Sorry doesent work!...

zcharles

Rep: 15.1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:14 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

What do you mean, sapa? It IS possible, by increasing the BG pools; you'll notice that your points are increased; try to add some tiger2 to one small BG, you'll see you'll have much more points, on the first and on the following days; try to add many ersatz, you'll see you'll have a lot of slots more, but only few points more because they have a low value.
Or are we maybe talking about different matters?

karlmortar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:46 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer Zcharles, but if you don't mind I want to use my own stuff as much as possible and since I have already heavily modified the weapons, vehicles tex, etc etc and the sound file it will only be confusing adding another persons stuff! Crying or Very sad

"CC for ever"

karlmortar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Wops, forgot update:

The superb 40mm MK I AA gun, the Bofors, as been added to 30 Corps. Although it is a "static" and defensive weapon, it can be used by the British Inf BG and by the American AB as reinforcements. It has its own graphic, maingun and sound.
I hope everyone knows that the 40mm Bofors is Swedish? Wink

The polish/english made 20mm AA gun Polsten has been added, with its own graphic, maingun and sound.
Although not used in large numbers, two 20mm Polsten AA guns saw action in Arnhem with the 1st Recce Sqn.

Both gun's graphics come from GJS, although they have been modified (colour, details etc etc)
Is that legal in the "CC world" Question

Still missing the tactical sign for allied AA guns.
Is the bofors gun or Polsten included in TLD?
If so, could some one send me a screenshot of how their Force Pool looks like?

"CC for ever"

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:44 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
zcharles wrote (View Post):

Very Happy

See you!

Sorry doesent work!...

I mean i cant play it! Got an error with the Elements file?

karlmortar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:50 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

At the moment I have tweeked the AT and HE values, ammo and fire rate for the weapons.tex so that the look something like in GJS TRSM (I have been copying a lot from Dima's TRSM, I have not done the "copy n' paste" from his data, merely looking at them for "inspiration").

Also have added a few Irregular squads for the germans: Feldgermerie (MPs) Feldjäger ( MPs with combat experiance and more athourity) Bahnhofwache (railway guards) Landsschützen ( A sort of home guard) Sicherungs (Security troops) and RAD (a Paramilitary labor force who construct bunkers etc etc)  
The germans have also been given an extra piece of flak: the single barreled FlaK 43.

Still looking for allied tac signs for light AA... Crying or Very sad

"CC for ever"

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:48 am Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Are the symbols in LSA modern NATO symbols, or contemporary symbols from '44?

Two decent sites with NATO-symbols anyway, hope it helps.  Cool

Histroy of War - symbols for unit by type

History of War - symbols for unit equipment

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Gerwin

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:03 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

This source uses an A in a square as the AA symbol. but then again it uses a different symbol for tanks then the game...
US WW2 - The War in the Pacific goto "Basic Military Map Symbols"

karlmortar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: A small attempt to make a more Historical LSA Reply with quote

Thanks guys, got the symbols sorted out now Very Happy  

I used the NATO symbols as they match the rest of the Allied symbols in LSA.

"CC for ever"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: