Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1225
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 pm Post subject: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - 2010 Reply with quote

I've just started but hope to get this into a useable form over the next couple of weeks.

Any suggestions/tips/criticisms greatly appreciated

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ClassicCC/MapMaking/strat.htm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:17 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

Sorry, I do not know if you have read all this but it will not help too for to create and edit a strategic map in WAR, TLD and LSA.

And at this moment a new strategic map should be made with Mafi BD9 tool. With it I have made the Battle of Ebro strategic map by example. But I can not finish the work because you have not release the workbook. At this point tell us something as this "Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA" is as a lie half  because you can not edit properly the code on LSA and you need it for to make a new mod.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:22 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

It is a work in progress that will guide you through the strat map creation/editing process.

If you have anything of benefit to add , please do.

The webpage will include graphics (to be added), links to appropriate tools (to be added)

etc etc
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:26 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

Quote:
you have not release the workbook.

When it was my responsibility the workbooks were released in a timely manner.

It is no longer my responsibility.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:49 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

It is no longer my responsibility.[/quote]

LOL Very Happy  strange Schreck because you are soo helpful and kind to evereyone.....

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:54 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

I know

Drop Dead!

:)

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:41 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

Two threads on the same topic? Give it up already.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:51 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

which topic is that?

or are you referring to the workbook topic.

This is a Strat map "how to" thread... please remove any workbook references from here.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:37 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

Quote:
If you have anything of benefit to add , please do.

I would have free time, I would make a Mafi´s BD9 guide.

But a guide for the BD9 would be completed ignored because most of the people around here do not want a guide for a fantastic tool which it continues giving a lot of work, they want a tool which it converts all with two clicks. But I feel that they will not see anything like.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:59 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

i Agree with your sentiment.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:02 pm Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

I suggest adding a Photoshop image that shows the X,Y and W,H coordinates for the first listing in each group.
Adding that white (255,255,255) does not show up in game?

You can cheat the color overlays a little,but I haven't messed with it in over a year and the experiment was well how should we say.......
Sloppy and quick with no further interest as Imoved over that and went into working with Data.
I remember having yellow outlines and no color in the middle,there was a small issue with the roll over text not being displayed(Map Names),but I think one could fudge it.
I also had the German Cross for German controlled maps and the Green American star displayed for American held maps.
I think the roll over text wasn't being displayed when you were anywhere other than the yellow outline and the emblems I used.
I do remember the K cross worked good.
So I was assuming that solid colors were what the game was keying on in order to get the map names (roll over text) to be displayed.

But the strategic map looked SWEET without those UGLY red and green colors overlayed on them.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:40 pm Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

I find it a lose of time, the best would be how use BD9 with some images. I will try make it later.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:15 pm Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

A BED9 addendum would be excellent.

Tools required

1. Notepad
2. BED9 - Link to tool
3. Paint program (photoshop)
4. Gadgetmunger - Link to tool

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:08 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

links added

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

Have anybody tried load LSA strategic map with BD9? can it load well the ScrnGadg.gdg?

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:40 pm Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

I have discovered that BD9 can not load LSA ScrnGadg.gdg, probably because LSA file is different, on special it has more arrows and the size from file is smaller. But I could load one LSA strategic map saving the LSA image files on a WAR ScrnGadg.gdg and editing the extract.dat for to add all the arrows from LSA, now I can edit it. I would like to make LSA strategic map with only the half of maps, more as the CC2 or my WAR ABTF mod but with the new maps and the LSA strategic map.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

So, until BED9 is updated the workaround is use WaR screengadgets then export/import back to LSA.

nice. thannks!

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:12 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

I thought that Mafi had updated his tool for LSA?

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:33 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

only one way to be aure..

Firefox... did you use the latest version of BED9?

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:00 am Post subject: Re: How to Create and Edit a Strat Map in WaR tLD and LSA - Reply with quote

Of course. I used the last. Perhaps before ask me, you should try it. Wink

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: