Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
cospas

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:36 pm Post subject: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am posting this thread cause i would like to know what is the uses of engineer squad or pioneer.

Following the manual, they can remove mine, that's all about them. Is there anothere usage for them? are they elite troop?

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

personaly, I use them as assault squads in buildings or fortified positions. They are very good in close combat actions.

Dfox

Rep: 101.8
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:37 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

cospas wrote (View Post):

Following the manual, they can remove mine...

They can, but don't do it. Or very, very seldom  Sad

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

They are excellent for close quarters like Manoi says. Infact, they are best used in short run fast commands. If I can I usually engage a position with rifle squads to attract the enemy fire. Once the enemy is pinned, send in the engineers. They are especially effective with flamethrowers.

The units with flamethrowers can be used in the opposite way I describe. Supress an enemy unit with the flamethrower either by a direct hit or aiming somewhat close. If its hits or hits close enough they will get supressed by one shot. Rush in your rifle teams then. This method keeps casualties lower for your engineer teams, which is helpful as you don't usually have many of them.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dfox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
..., which is helpful as you don't usually have many of them.

Yes. Because their primary task should be removing mines, not assaulting. I insist  Wink

cospas

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:19 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Now  i know them better. They are very powerfull with their explosives which can blow an entire squad easely.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

When you hear the charge being thrown, get all your men in ambush mode right away.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:19 am Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

in TLD the germans have pioneers which have 1 satchel charge and 1 more man in the squad than a regular german grenadier squad. the have 1 MP 40 and and the rest of the squad has rifles.
i believe the germans pioneers were set up simalair in WAR as well.

its my understanding that german pioneers would have more weapons, more assault weapons like MG's and MORE explosives, satchel charges and grenades.

i dont know why there are so lame now in the 2 games?? and i dont know where mooxe is getting the flamethrowers from in TLD?

now german assault enginners is another matter........flamethrowers and all the above pioneer equipment......im wondering why there isnt any of these squads in TLD and WAR. especially WAR and in the premier german BG's.

can this be remedied matrix guru's?

i havent had a real good look at the allied engineers in TLD yet....been playing german side too much.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Ciggy

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

still doesnt answer my question about whether they repair vehicles etc

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Dfox wrote (View Post):

Are you moving them in Sneak mode? The slower they go the better the job they can do....

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

i believe the manual says if you sneak your engineers or pioneers then they remove mines, other than that they do not FIX anything. as the others have said there very good assault troops when used properly.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:41 am Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Quote:
its my understanding that german pioneers would have more weapons, more assault weapons like MG's and MORE explosives, satchel charges and grenades.

they had same squad organization as infantry squad, although they were trained with HE and other special weapons.

Quote:
now german assault enginners is another matter........flamethrowers and all the above pioneer equipment......im wondering why there isnt any of these squads in TLD and WAR. especially WAR and in the premier german BG's.

there were no such units as assault engineers.
FTs were unallocated and when needed, were just given to an engineer squad.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 am Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Ciggy wrote (View Post):
still doesnt answer my question about whether they repair vehicles etc

We are still waiting for that feature, along with Medics and Atomic health packs for instant level ups.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:22 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Right now I'm playing Dima's TRSM mod for GJS as the allied and I very rarely use engineer as anything but a kind of ad-hoc tank destroyer crew. When I run out of designated AT troops, I break out the engineers. They have been known to at least immobilize tanks.

Dfox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:58 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Dfox wrote (View Post):

Are you moving them in Sneak mode? The slower they go the better the job they can do....

Yes. I moved them in Sneak mode. Moreover, sometimes I moved 3 or 4 squads across the same small part of minefield, but no one mine was removed  Confused

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:39 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Yeah, have just tested - they don't clear mines in CC5

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:12 am Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Was it in the original stock cc5, TLD, or a mod that you did the test in?

In stock cc3 and DOF mods the engineers do clear mines (provided they crawl through the minefield).

Maybe the fault is in the text files, if ithe teams are not marked "-1" in the last column of the teams file, they certainly wont clear mines.

cheers

AGS

_____

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:34 am Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Didn't i tell CC5? ;)

Quote:
Maybe the fault is in the text files, if ithe teams are not marked "-1" in the last column of the teams file, they certainly wont clear mines.

Are you trying to insult me? Razz

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:23 am Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Are you trying to insult me? Razz
Don't be ridiculous,...... thats impossible   Wink  

Just educating the masses who read our posts   Razz

cheers

AGS
_____

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Dfox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: Engineer, pioneer Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

And in TLD too...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: