Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
falzone

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:17 pm Post subject: a map editor & other things Reply with quote

Hey guys,

It's the new guy again... (bare with me if I'm talking old ground..I've had a look through the forums but may have missed something)

So I've just bought MT, TLD and LSA and have all three working very well on my Mac Book Pro this afternoon.... (Using Crossover Pro) I remember years ago playing the demo on my old PC for the very first game and being addicted to it, so I thought I'd check out the newer ones....viola, the same again!

Anyway, I'll get swiftly to the point:

I'm seeing all of these amazing mods and new maps to download here. I was wondering if there were any actual user-friendly map editors out there? Something where you can place houses, street-furniture, etc etc, not just edit scenarios. I think I've seen a couple of editors in the tools sections of downloads but they look rather difficult to use.

Finally, and slightly off topic, is it worth shelling out for the last two CC games that I don't yet have: Cross of Iron and Wacht Am Rhein?

Would be good to hear back,
Thanks,
J

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:11 pm Post subject: Re: a map editor & other things Reply with quote

falzone wrote (View Post):
Hey guys,

It's the new guy again... (bare with me if I'm talking old ground..I've had a look through the forums but may have missed something)

So I've just bought MT, TLD and LSA and have all three working very well on my Mac Book Pro this afternoon.... (Using Crossover Pro) I remember years ago playing the demo on my old PC for the very first game and being addicted to it, so I thought I'd check out the newer ones....viola, the same again!

Anyway, I'll get swiftly to the point:

I'm seeing all of these amazing mods and new maps to download here. I was wondering if there were any actual user-friendly map editors out there? Something where you can place houses, street-furniture, etc etc, not just edit scenarios. I think I've seen a couple of editors in the tools sections of downloads but they look rather difficult to use.

Finally, and slightly off topic, is it worth shelling out for the last two CC games that I don't yet have: Cross of Iron and Wacht Am Rhein?

Would be good to hear back,
Thanks,
J

Theres no easy map editor.

COI is worth it if your original CC3 does not work. COI is essentially CC3 with some fixes so it works on the new versions of Windows. IMO Wacht am Rhein is not worth it, mainly due to the confusing as hell strategic map. All the stop signs you see are maps you cannot move into. I made this "helper" because there are roads you can see on the strat map that go between maps, and generally extended borders between maps where you can only assume you can cross, but cannot. The strategic map confusion stopped me from enjoying it.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: a map editor & other things Reply with quote

Nope. It's definitely not worth shelling out more money.  In fact, you already made several mistakes by buying TLD and LSA.

The most popular game, and the one with the overwhelming huge number of mods is still CC5.  Can you return your purchases? If I were you, I'd get my money back.  No point is wasting money on unsupported games that no one plays.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: a map editor & other things Reply with quote

As Mooxe said there is no easy map maker. But if you want a bit more info on the process download 5CC as it is the best tool for making maps and has a number of tips in the manual....

Hopefully you get into mod making and stupid replies like Lost Temple's doesn't scare you away from CC and make you think you made a mistake. He is right that CC5 has the most mods, but beyour own judge on the games you bought. Be interested to hear back on that...

For COI and WAR, see what you think of the ones you have first. If you like them then keep on eye out to see if Matrix puts the other two on sale.

COI - If you already have CC3 then there is no point in buying COI (it has a few bug fixes but nothing that is a show stopper). Also keep in mind CC3/COI play a lot differently then your other games as there is no strat map and you play as one unit throughout the war in the east with vehicle upgrades though you can not change history....

WAR - might not wow you as TLD has a few more features since it is newer and was built on WAR but it is a different game with pros and cons. Example all new maps (though all winter), a bit confusing a strat layer, etc.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:34 am Post subject: Re: a map editor & other things Reply with quote

Hemmm where to start  Laughing

Am I correct in believing that 5CC will NOT make a map from scratch?
If so then he needs to know about getting Photoshop for the graphic aspect of making a map.

The WAR Strategic Map?
Is it confusing? Yes

BUT

It does depict the cluster fuck that was the Ardennes so I can accept that.
There's no real reason NOT to buy COI or WAR unless for some odd reason your not into the Campaigns those games depict.

Like Me,
I'm sick and tired of the whole Normandy thing so I won't get tLD.

falzone

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:38 am Post subject: Re: a map editor & other things Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all your replies. I'll try and respond accordingly:

Mooxe: That does look rather complicated, but Michael's point about it's reflection on the FUBAR situation in that offensive is a good one.... Mooxe, did you put the 'key' on the top left of the map (The one about roadblocks? ... Is this an actual feature in the game (that we can't see) or is it just a glitch that doesn't allow us to move into certain territories?)

Tej: Again, thanks for the advice. I've managed to spend hours infront of these games (only bought them a couple of days ago), so I can safely say that LostTemple's comments haven't turned me away - He has his opinion of the game, but I think they're great. I have the old games but none of them work on my Mac (with crossover pro) and only CC5 works on my old PC (CC5 I now have on my mac with TLD)

Michael: I think you're absolutely right about the campaigns. I'm certainly interesting in WAR, set in Bastogne...

I have one final question.... sorry!...... Like with CCMT, is there a way of playing either TLD or LSA in a sandbox style, i.e. the ability to choose from the entire pool of troops and vehicles in the game, instead of being limited to the pool of units only available for that map, etc. It'd be nice to feel the full power of what is to offer .....for example I saw from some images of one of the MetalMod (I think that was the name) that there are quite a few tanks and vehicles....but don't think I've used half of them... perhaps I have but didn't realise it though!

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:47 pm Post subject: Re: a map editor & other things Reply with quote

falzone wrote (View Post):
Thanks guys for all your replies. I'll try and respond accordingly:

Mooxe: That does look rather complicated, but Michael's point about it's reflection on the FUBAR situation in that offensive is a good one.... Mooxe, did you put the 'key' on the top left of the map (The one about roadblocks? ... Is this an actual feature in the game (that we can't see) or is it just a glitch that doesn't allow us to move into certain territories?)

I don't really think this was a game feature. I also don't think it was a glitch. I believe it was just a poorly made strategic map. While in game, there are no indications on which maps are connected. If you look closely at the border lines, much of the confusion could of been remove just by straightening some lines and shuffling others around.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: