Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
fry30

Rep: 2.3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:20 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

stop.... please?

Its only the hardcore that bother to read these posts.... maybe I'm in the wrong place, but this is just embarrassing. Everyone works their ass off, lets keep it that way.

Close Combat is great and if it wasn't I, nor many else, would still be here everyday posting... Unless that is some of us have nothing better else to do.... And if so, then work it out on Game Ranger. Its worked for me these last two years.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

When I am not playing close combat, I play with my own poop.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:21 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

"POOP"!!!!

what does that mean??? (laughs)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):

Close Combat II was brilliant. Close Combat III was Sublime. Cross of Iron is an improved version of Close Combat III.

Close Combat IV, V, and the later spin offs are OK but lame in comparisson to III and COI. Have fun playing the ones you like.

Good take.  I agree.  CC2 was the very best especially for A.I. playability.  CC3 was on par but not quite as strong as CC2 in some respects.

CC 4 and 5 were awful...especially CC5.  Ironically the later releases saw a regression in quality.  To the point CC5 as is...just plain awful unless you play H2H only.

CoI was a pretty solid re-release.  I'm somewhat disappointed in the CC2 and CC5 re-releases , especially considering the price.

It is what it is...the development crew did the best they could on the shoestring budget and skeleton resources they had to work with.   CC2 and CC3 i'm sure spent some real $$$$ on the production in comparison to what Matrix invested.  They just don't want to spend $ on what the big Corporate bosses perceive as an old game that doesn't sell.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:36 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

I think Dj is quite right there, I don't think the game will be as good as CC2 can be (when it got out)

But I need to say that with the last patch I just restarted to play LSA and I'm haivng a lot of fun
I'm the kind of player that play mostly VS the AI because playig online a GC with someone is quite hard for me due to time constraints...
But I only played on GC on allied, then tried the German side but stoped the XXX corp at 1st map because attacking side sucked.

Now it seems that the AI attacks now, not always in the best manner but I'm having difficulty to win I've retreated near Veghel to hold a line VS XXX corp and counter attacking with my panther unit.

I need to say that those who say that Matrix are releasing half done game is somehow right... if they would have pulled the game like it is now I think it would be quite good...

But the product is def. better than CCV but the lack of mods is killing it...

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:01 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

CC1 to CC2 was a huge leap forward. CC3 was a moderate leap. The CC3 scenario editor is a real jewel in the series. CCIV and V was a slight step sideways being really no large improvement over CC3. Dropping the Scenario Editor was a major blunder.

Imagine if CC IV had been as dramatic an improvement of CC3 as CC2 was to CC1 and so on. Today we would be playing Close Combat X a cutting edge photorealistic game with advanced AI and Psych model. Advanced Scenario/Campaign Editor with Map Maker and Game saves of each match. Detailed Stats of Players. But it didn't work out that way. Its a great game that got left behind. I just hope CC inspires someone with big money to make a great wargame in the near future.

I think every CC player should be happy that Matrix has done the work they have. Would have it been better they had left CC alone? I think not. The critics are always free to make a better game or mod the game to their visions delight.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:14 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

i agree with US_Brake in this.......

so why instead "they" (Matrix) make a new one instead of rereleasing of old CC games??.......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:02 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

matthewhalos wrote (View Post):

so why instead "they" (Matrix) make a new one instead of rereleasing of old CC games??.......

question of money and business approach???

3 Re-releases give more money than 1 game PC.........I Think!

heia Safari!!

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

could be.....

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:24 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

matthewhalos wrote (View Post):

they've re-released the old games because they have never had any real intention of making CC6.  Oh sure, they say they will....but they've been saying for the past few years.  Put up or shut up...and stop d*cking us around you lying cheating bastards.

Spinlock

Rep: 14.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:53 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

LostTemple wrote (View Post):

they've re-released the old games because they have never had any real intention of making CC6.  Oh sure, they say they will....but they've been saying for the past few years.  Put up or shut up...and stop d*cking us around you lying cheating bastards.

Where in the last few years have they said there was gonna be a cc6?

The new owner of Atomic made a vague, passing reference to, one day, possibly, revisiting the series a few years ago.
I don't recall Matrix ever recently saying a new cc is on the way.  It's most likely to come from somewhere else..

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:25 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

no use in argueing, cc6 is coming as combat mission battle for normandy.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

These guys aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, can't polish their games properly and aren't exactly well mannered, but still Simtek has done much more for CC than Atomic Games has ever done after CC2.
CC was stagnating since 3 and they have only added the operational minigame as a primitive way to addict players without self-control. Even the faulty data in CCMT was already in CCM by Atomic Games. Atomic Games basically ran the series into the ground.

Still, generally I agree with the OP about his dislike of Matrix Games. Their lies about features of CCMT, not patching of the game properly, deciding to sell CoI for full price and making it incompatible with CC3, etc. definitely made me despise them.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:59 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Come on guys............Are you kidding me here?
I still stand with the argument that asking these MORONS for another game makes all of you look stupid.

Is that what you really want?
Another piece of shit game from Matrix for $50-$60

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:24 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Oh wait

I know
I know

You think that because it's gonna be a "NEW" game that it won't have any of the old problems

I see
I see

Yes
Yes

You may be right here

New game means no old bugs

why?

Because it's a new game

very cleaver
I wasn't thinking like guys

Dumbass's

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:33 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

It's funny to think back at all the heat Dynamite took for selling his Okinawa Mod for CCV

When in reality the man was ahead of his time.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:34 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Shall I continue

Or have you had enough?

Spinlock

Rep: 14.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:09 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

my question still stands.
Where in the last few years have they(Matrix) said there was gonna be a cc6?

AT_Stalky

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 am Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Spinlock wrote (View Post):
my question still stands.
Where in the last few years have they(Matrix) said there was gonna be a cc6?

We can’t expect Matrix to speak, juridical persons tend not to.

Instead we listen to the ppl associated with Matrix and the developer (they speak).
These persons are associated with the distributor of CC and the making of CC thus they are insiders that we presume holding valid, true, accurate information and possible insider information about CC future. So it make sense listen to them and beliving what they say.

Tejszd is in the CC developer team. He’s a tester or something more that that, but his exact status in the dev team is unknown (to me).
Schrecken is listed as a consumer relation person for Matrix, he’s also listed in numerous roles in the CC-developer team.
CSO_Linebacker, well, not sure what he done but he worked more then a 1000+ hours on the rereleases.

Here is some of what they said, their latest statement just 2 month ago:

Tejszd said at Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:12 am at page 1.
"Thus CC6 from them could have only been promised for the last 4 years, though as you pointed out they did say that 5 re-releases were going to raise money for CC6 development. So it seems like they did what they said they were going to do???? With the 5 re-releases out now we'll have to see if they do what they said they would in the next year or two.... "

Tejszd said at Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:26 pm  
"Good question. The money earned supposedly is/was going to be reinvested into a CC6, "

schrecken Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:33 pm    
"Close Combat is close Combat.
Until we create CC6 it will always be so. "

CSO_Linebacker said at Sat May 15, 2010 8:12 pm :
“Matrix didn't buy the rights.  Simtek made a rights agreement with Destineer.  Simtek would work on the re-releases, but Destineer gets the largest cut of the pie from the 3, or more, hands going into the pie as the rights holder.  Simtek goes the way of the Dodo, and Strategy3Tactics evolves from the ashes in an effort to complete the Simtek contract with Destineer...all the while hoping that their piece of the pie...the smallest of all the hands in the pie...will be enough to produce a brand new game on a brand new engine once out from underneath the licensing rights.”

He also said:
“, what tiny bit of the saleprice that S3T gets from each sale (License holder first = Destineer, the publisher = Matrix, the leftovers = S3T) will be enough to pay for a brand new engine and next generation of CC.”

///End Qoutes

The CC-insiders are under NDA, and are constantly reminded of that by Schrecken et al. When they make statements like in the example quotes a bow were they are saying that CC6 is a function of the sale of the rerelease, Schrecken nor any of the team have threatened them nor slapped em for saying so. And why should Schrecky slapp em as Schrecken him self said they make CC6.  

As Matrix have not stopped there insiders and officials from saying that CC6 will be made from money earned from rereleases, the conclusion Matrix want us to draw will be exact what they say. As in, “you buying the rereleases and that will give you CC6”. And Matrix and the cc-insiders are well aware of this.

But at this stage, I dont care about a CC6 (Made by Matrix et al), my thoughts are in line with platoon_michael's in this regard.

Sad.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun May 08, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 3 times in total

Therion

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: Warning to New Close Combat Players Reply with quote

Have you moved to Gary Grigsby's War in the East or something like that, AT_Stalky?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: