Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:51 pm Post subject: News from der Kessel Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am happy to tell you that the very first new map for Der Kessel mod is now finished! It is called "Pitomnik Airport". Thanks to Lord4war to have coded it.
There are currently about 30 new other maps in progress for the mod ("new" means between 10 and 90% complete!). Some details of some of them are available on the Combat Camera menu on this server. If you are interested, I will add regularly some new pics. Are you?
My intend now is to make 44 new maps for the mod (Mooxe, could you please, when you have some time, update the presentation of the mod on the main page?).
It is long, sometimes tedious, but be patient: I hope to give you all one of the best mods you have ever seen ((at least the best winter mod on the eastern front, but it will be easy: it is the only one!!!)
All the data, graphics, sounds are finished.

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME IN RETURN WHEN THE MOD WILL BE PUBLISHED! LET'S SAY Q4 2005.

FFL_cheesecake

Rep: 9.3

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

good news pzjager...
after, you're gonna realize a mapmaking guide in french Very Happy

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

regarding a map making guide, I don't think that anybody can do better than Southern Land in its famous map making guide...
All what I have done was just creating new winter graphics and textures, as the CC3 ones were not very satisfactory (at least, it is my opinion).
I also used some of the fantastic Dodam textures (available on CCN website), which were very very helpful. Unfortunately, Dodam seems to be less active for a long time. It is a pity...

How is Creta going on?

Best regards
Panzerjäger

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Your maps is some of the best I have ever seen!

FFL_cheesecake

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
How is Creta going on?

It runs again with the come back of Dom... et maps made by moloch
take a look on club FFL forum :

http://www.club-ffl.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=17

About mapmaking guide from southernland, i asked to a anglish teatcher to translate one into french !!
In fact, zappi will be perhaps interested by this file Confused

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen the pics of the new maps.

"WOW" Those are awsome.

The rubble looks incredible,truly a professional job there.

I cant wait to see more.

FFL_cheesecake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

you make a great beautiful job pj... like mooxe said "nice detail" !!

bon courage... :ok1

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks to all for your kind support. I have been working a lot on the mod these last weeks ans I can tell you that painting and coding 44 maps like that looks like an Himalaya....

But anyway.... I will take my time and do my best to release the game asap, that means not before Q1 or Q2 2006, I'm afraid...

The last news, to finish:

1) I have recently installed the mod on my PC (with old maps, of course). The (very) good news is that the game works perfectly without any crash. I have played a lot of different battles of the Grand Campaign, my son as well, and no return to desktop! Waow!

2) There are now three finished maps: Pitomnik, Kalatch and Vertiachy. Krasnaïa Plochad is very very close to finishing as well. 20 other maps are at least 50% painted.
That is the situation. The problem is that coding takes as much time as painting... If anybody is interested in coding a map in the future, please let me know. You cannot imagine the time that could be saved if only ten coders could code each of them one map...

And perhaps see the game in 2005!!

Anyway, be patient.

With my best regards
Panzerjäger

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:55 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

ok u can send me 1 more,will be done over a more longer this time.
make it a small one lol ya barstard!

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Happy to tell you that one new map has been recently painted and coded: Krasny Oktiabr (southern factory of Stalingrad). You can see a detail of the map on the combat camera,as usual.
This map has been a real nightmare to paint and code, but I am quite happy of the result... Those of you who like to fight in a kind of hell will like this one...

Other good news: A second map (Marinovka) is now painted and will be coded by the great Lord4war. Many thanks to him.

A third map, Rakotino, is painted, and I will begin the coding tomorrow. This one is a very large one. You will find two details of the map in the Combat Camera.

The next one will be Rynok (northern outskirsts of Stalingrad), the largest map of the game, one of the most ambitiuos maps of the mod. Rynok is 80% painted. THere is once again a pic of the southern part of the map in the combat camera, but note that this is not the final version. It will be much better...

Once more, every help and sup^port you can give to The Kessel will be WELLCOME.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Mr_Nuke

Rep: 5.7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowl, the pictures you've posted are awesome! That will remind us the great days of winter battles in CC3!

Gott ist tot!

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody;

Two new pics of two new maps of the mod have been uploaded today.
This summer, no less than 3 maps have been coded and are now finished (Krasny Oktiabr, Traktornyi Zavod ans Rakotino) and 3 others are currently in the coding process (Gumrak Airport, Beketovka and Rynok).
Beginning of September I hope to be happy to announce you that the total of finished maps will be more than 10... 25% of all!!
THe most important is that all the maps of Stalingrad City and the immediate outskirts (Rynok, Beketovka...) will be finished, so that the first operation of the mod ("Rattenkrieg") will then be playable and will help to test the mod.

As you can see, we are going on.

Panzerjäger

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

any news? the maps make me drool :prostration

Ceci tuera cela

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi;

Thanks for your support.

I took my promise: Rynok and Beketovka are coded and finished. Gumrak is in coding process. Orlovka has been painted today. Popov is 50% coded.

Let's going on!!! Next step: 20 maps finished (app 45% finished).

All of you guys, with your kind messages, give me the force to go to the end.

Panzerjäger

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:47 pm Post subject: News from Der Kessel Reply with quote

Hi all;

Sptember has been quite busy for the mod! I am now pleased to tell you that in addition to the maps already mentionned in my last message, two new maps are now coded:

- Popov
- Orlovka.

Orlovka has been a real nightmare to code, as the map is very much detailed, with a large number of buildings and a lot of items everywhere... But it is really, I believe, my best map so far.

For those interested, the pics of the maps are available on the Kessel Combat Camera

Next step now will be to finish the coding of Gumrak airport and finish the Alexei (west of Stalingrad city with a big railway station) map, so that a mini campaign with 8 maps (Gumrak, Alexei, Orlovka, Rynok, Traktornyi Zavod, Krasnyi Oktiabr, Krasnaïa Plochad and Beketovka) will be at least playable and will be the base for the testing.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Flaggellumdei

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the outstanding work!

We are all deeply indebted to all the guys who are working on this mod!

I for one cant wait, And i will not rest until my sturm are dipping their feet in the Volga. Smile

Ost_KinsK

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna play this mod, will be great!!!

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to thank everybody who supports the mod with theit comments.
As you all know, moding Der Kessel is very tough and time consuming for me and your messages are really a big moral support for me.

Just for your information, I have finished earlier this week the Gumrak Airport map, and I am currently coding the Alexeïevka map (western outskirts of Stalingrad City). I will try to uipload pics of these two maps on the combat Camera as usual. Just leave me a few days.

When this one will be finished, then I will install the game on my PC and be able to design a mini campaign on 8 maps (Stalingrad, the factories and immediate outskirts), which will help me as a sort of beta version.

I will keep you informed.Cheers
Panzerjäger

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: