Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1166
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
dj

Rep: 156.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:37 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
“It’s probably going to go down in history as the most successful special operations mission since World War II,” said retired Lt. Gen. Terry Scott, a former chief of U.S. Army Special Operations Command.

There is no doubt this will go down among the best Commando raids in history.  The Israelis's were very skilled with that and the SAS or Dutch had raids but not this complicated with such a high-profile target.

Much respect to the Navy Seals...and so glad Obama told them to storm the compound to take him out face to face...instead of just carpet bombing the whole neighborhood.  Plus they collected evidence at the scene that should be very helpful.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:14 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

“It’s probably going to go down in history as the most successful special operations mission since World War II,” said retired Lt. Gen. Terry Scott, a former chief of U.S. Army Special Operations Command.

Yes, it erases the ghost of Jimmy Carters failed Iran raid - which led to him loosing the pres job to Reagan.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:17 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Ernie_M wrote (View Post):
The US needs to bring home ALL our MEN, lock down the
counrty tight and build prisons way up north for Muslims
who try to harm us. There they would disappear forever.
Twisted Evil

You already have one - in Cuba

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Pakistan? The big question.

A knee jerk reaction is to assume Pakistani Officials or Pakistani Intelligence was harboring Bin Laden. However, One must realize that Al Qeda leaders had a routine of using safe houses in clever locations that would be the proverbial "last place to look."

Any Pakistani Official who knew he was in that compound would have been tempted by the fame and money that awaited anyone who informed on him to the US. Also any Pakistani Official who knew a raid was eminent might have tipped off Bin Laden.

The world has real problems if the current and former Presidents of Pakistan were allied with Bin Laden. Imagine them having dinner at the safehouse on a regular basis and planning their next move to bankrupt the US.

On Bin Ladens burial at sea?
The modern US Navy has a policy for disposing of the dead in the most honorable way that circumstances permit.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:03 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Sweet mother the seals did a bang up job on him...

I have a wanted Dead or Alive Street News paper poster made 12/8/01...(8/12/01 US) with his face all over it framed...its has a yellow tinge about it now aged a bit.

looks realy cool now the fu.kers Dead.

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

I really think it's more the Secret Services of those countries who use them to extend there influence in neighbour countries...
Pakistan does with Talibans and other fundenmatlists in Afghanistan and Cashemire to block Iran and India.

Saoudi, I'm quite sure used there salafists terrorists counter part to add to there influence in most of the Arab world...

The good thing is that this spring, freedom and a want of democracy and peace has won over terrorism, and stupid blind faith in a 1000 years old book.
(nothing about holy book, but taking it literraly is a bit stupid...)

What about this execution, I've heard he was un armed and they assassinated him in front of his daughter and wife.

Should it have been better to trial him for 3000something murders and somehow respect international laws?
I'm just wondering because if US is suppose to defend Democracy and state law, how can they disgress those?
Isn't it a war crime to kill un-armed people?
(Trying to be the devil lawyer here)

Ernie_M

Rep: 37.4

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:32 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Hey devil lawyer,

He got what he what he deserved...and F#@$ his Kids and Wife.
Trial? In the US? We would have another 10 years of BULL SHIT
with the liberal courts in the US. The MAGGOT would end up in
a "Country Club" prison with more rights and privilages than the
average JOE.  Unarmed? .....War Crime? You got to be kidding.
How do you know, were you there?
More Americans died on 9/11 than on Dec. 7, 1941

Your comments are an INSULT to the thousands of Americans
who died in the last 10 years because of that EVIL piece of SHIT.

And those traitor BASTARDS in PAKISTAN need to give back the BILLIONS
in aid the WE gave them......OR ELSE.

I say NUKE those FILTHY BASTARDS!

:evil:

US_Brake

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:20 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Imagine you were the man on point. How keyed up would you be if you had already shot 2-3 armed males and then entered a new room and a 6 ft male and adult felmale rush tword you? You shoot to kill. Or on the other hand, Imagine you come into a room and identify Bin Laden and he gets on his knees to beg for his life and you deny his request. Either way the man on point deserves a very high award.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CIA Director Panetta told "PBS NewsHour" that bin Laden "made some threatening moves" that "represented a clear threat to our guys" but was not more specific about what the unarmed terrorist did as the SEALS engaged others at the compound in a firefight and burst into Bin Laden's room.

"I don't think he had a lot of time to say anything," Panetta said. "It was a firefight going up that compound. ... This was all split-second action on the part of the SEALs."

Panetta underscored that President Barack Obama had given permission to kill the terrorist leader: "The authority here was to kill bin Laden," he said. "And obviously, under the rules of engagement, if he had in fact thrown up his hands, surrendered and didn't appear to be representing any kind of threat, then they were to capture him. But they had full authority to kill him."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dj

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:37 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Yeah well President Obama already went the extra steps to not hurt civilians.  Can't nuke it or bomb it...in the middle of peaceful Pakistani residential neighborhood, next to Army Academy.  In fact Bin Laden probably moved there on purpose for some cover from bombing  

Bin Laden already had chance to submit peacefully and surrender.  War is War.  If the enemy refuses to submit and show they surrender... then they are dog-meat in any combat situation.  He maybe did not have his AK-47 handy, but he is veteran commander of para-military force at war with us.  

America proves it actions are reflective of a Liberal Democracy that respects the rule of law.  Obama himself was a Law Professor and went to Harvard Law School...he knows a few things about ethics.  We have nothing to apologize for whatsoever.

US_Brake

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:52 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Bin Laden must have been alerted by the sound of choppers followed by gunfire or the power being shut down then a flurry of smgs and flashbangs before the SEALS entered his room.

Naturally you would think he would be armed. However any number of reasons could explain this. Maybe he tried to fire is weapon and it jammed or he forgot to load the clip. Tossed it down in disgust. Maybe he dropped a weapon to surrender thinking it was Pakistani Security Forces and then when he realized it was Americans reached for a weapon. All kinds of possibilities.

Chances are he was hiding behind his bed on his cell phone calling for reinforcements.  Shocked

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:09 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Maybe he tried to fire is weapon and it jammed or he forgot to load the clip. Tossed it down in disgust.

An unloaded/jamming ak-47? Hmm somehow hard to believe it...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:50 pm Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

He was executed, armed or not. Aren't people a little blue-eyed if they believe that "Public Enemy #1" ever would be taken alive?
My guess is that there's been a standing order concerning him for the last ten years; "Eliminate upon encounter!"

And some thoughts on other comments on this thread:  Confused
"...to put the body on display so everyone can see..." "They should have cut his head off and sent it to the Smithsonium!"
-But when the Muslim fanatics kills and mutilates humans (read "white people") and uploads it on the internet you cry in horror and agony...

"...build prisons way up north for Muslims who try to harm us. There they would disappear forever."
-And when Stalin had that sort of camps for people that he claimed they wanted to harm the USSR, he was the Devil? Didn't almost 300.000 Americans died in WW II, fighting against enemies that put people in camps where "...they would disappear forever."?

".....War Crime? You got to be kidding."
-Nothing personal against any Americans here, but almost the entire world knows that the American Government consider themselves above international law...

But don't get me wrong now! -Usama was a sick puppy who got what he deserved, he's been a DMW since 9/11, and I think the SEAL's did a great job during this operation.

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

US_Brake

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:42 pm Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

An unloaded/jamming ak-47? Hmm somehow hard to believe it...

Yes I agree a jamming AK is unlikely,  but it is a big mystery  how Bin Lanen would have ended up unarmed facing SEALS in his hideout that night.

How quiet were those Stealth Choppers? How fast were the SEALS able to enter his room? Maybe they did wake him up from a dead sleep and gave him no time to reach his weapon. Bin Laden may have let his guard down and left his firearms in another room. One report said that weapons were in Bin Ladens room but you know the "facts" keep changing from all the media reports. Bin Laden might have given his weapon to his Son then retreated to his room for another when encountered.

I am glad he was unarmed. I only wish the SEALS had used flamethrowers.

Here is the logo of the unit that did the work.

goldknights.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.85 KB
 Viewed:  81911 Time(s)

goldknights.jpg

goldteam.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.41 KB
 Viewed:  81912 Time(s)

goldteam.jpg

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Swedish media reports that his daughter claims that he was unarmed and taken alive.
-Don't think she is the most reliable of witness in this case...

Another story is that it was SEAL Team 6 that conducted the raid, "the best of all the SEAL teams" as they says. Aren't every team as good as any, or are there differences in their training?

US_Brake

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Gold Team apparently is their Premier Assault Team and is represented by a Lion, commonly referred to as Devgrulion.

Wiki on SealTeam6

Has everyone seen the post Obama speech backflip?

Link

Ernie_M

Rep: 37.4

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Your thoughts 7A_Woulf?

VERY NICE

I have a thought for you BRITE BOY, go back to SCHOOL and
take some history classes....How DARE you compare the USA
with Stalin's RUSSIA?

" almost the entire world knows that the American Government
 consider themselves above international law... "

Nice comment....

Since WWII the US has spent Billions in aid to help other countries
and got a SLAP in the face from people like YOU!

I don't know and I don't give a SHIT where you come from but
do us AMERICANS a favour, take your Anti US comments back to your
country and stay there!

Evil or Very Mad

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:24 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Ernie I think you should take it easy, my family is american and I really like U.S. with it's bad and it's good

I never say they did the wrong thing, being your president I would just have killed everyone in the building...
So nobody could say anything about what happened... except the seals.
They didn't killed the women I wonder why.

Last news is that there was 2 weapons in his room...
For the best or for the worst, we'll never know what really happened.
Also if he was taken alive, wouldn't he be judged in NY state and death penality isn't there anymore
so he would have been conduct for life long sentence.
and then terrorist could have taken into hostage american/occidental people to free him?

and I back 7A_woulf on several points, especially about US being over int. law...

Invasion of Irak and torture just to name it.
this doesn't mean the US isn't a great country and that it should be on UN black list with North korea
But again when you are from outside the US you can see some things that makes em not perfect especially in protecting human rights

I also think that it wasn't Anti-US comment at all...

btw nice stuff US_brake is it the same unit that arrested Noriega?

US_Brake

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:08 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

Operation Neptune's Spear: Vice Admiral William H. McRaven

Wiki McRaven

sealteampat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.38 KB
 Viewed:  81843 Time(s)

sealteampat.jpg

dj

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:23 am Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

pagskier wrote (View Post):
Ernie I think you should take it easy, my family is american and I really like U.S. with it's bad and it's good

I never say they did the wrong thing, being your president I would just have killed everyone in the building...
So nobody could say anything about what happened... except the seals.
They didn't killed the women I wonder why.

Last news is that there was 2 weapons in his room...
For the best or for the worst, we'll never know what really happened.
Also if he was taken alive, wouldn't he be judged in NY state and death penality isn't there anymore
so he would have been conduct for life long sentence.
and then terrorist could have taken into hostage american/occidental people to free him?

and I back 7A_woulf on several points, especially about US being over int. law...

Invasion of Irak and torture just to name it.
this doesn't mean the US isn't a great country and that it should be on UN black list with North korea
But again when you are from outside the US you can see some things that makes em not perfect especially in protecting human rights

I also think that it wasn't Anti-US comment at all...

btw nice stuff US_brake is it the same unit that arrested Noriega?

First of all...you and 7A_woulf are basing opinions totally on hearsay and speculation without any facts to substantiate your allegations.  Secondly both of you conveniently forget that Bin Laden is extremely dangerous fanatic & could easily had chance to deploy suicide bomb or explosives rigged inside the compound.   The Navy Seals gave him one chance to surrender.  If he did not try to surrender and show he was not a threat...then America has every right to take him out. We're not going to risk 40 lives if he refuses to submit and surrender...any other military force would do the same.

You can't not compare the Bush Administration with Obama Administration.  I concede the point that Bush/Cheney/Rice/Rumsfeld did not respect international law and be my guest to take them to the Hague.  All of them are afraid to travel to Europe because the Swiss have litigation pending that could cause them legal problems.  

Obama is our new President to restore Liberal Democratic values and respect for the rule of international law.  Obama will remove final troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan withdraw is already scheduled.  No more torture or violation of human rights.  If your country is so much more Liberal than America - how many Non-White  Chancellors or Prime Ministers have been elected by your people in your entire history?  NONE I bet.

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead Reply with quote

@dj My bloody country haven't even had a female Prime Minister yet, we are ruled by a gang of fat, white, middle aged, elitist politicians males with just enough females to make it 'PC'; -but I don't claim it's a great country or that I like it, I just live here!  Rolling Eyes

I honestly hope that Obama can change the course of US, for in many parts I think it's a great country that have done a great deal of good things for the world (as well as those things I usually complains about)  I'm damn sure that I would greet people with a "Sieg Heil" or call them "Comrade" if it wasn't for the US, but that doesn't make everything OK. And the Freedom of speech that is a virtue of the free world gives me the right to express almost any opinion... Cool

And if I may quote myself: "My guess..." and "Usama was a sick puppy who got what he deserved, he's been a DMW since 9/11, and I think the SEAL's did a great job during this operation." As you say, I'm just speculating about what happened with a slightly sceptical point of view. I never believe anything "they" tells us, until proven beyond all doubts. I wasn't there, and I'm glad that there is soldiers like the SEAL's and SAS for these actions. They did a great job: -no casualties among them, a minimum of collateral damages, lots of intel and no big FUBAR that I've heard about. A big gratz!!

@Brake Thanks for the info, must admit that I know more about SAS and 2e REP of the French Foreign Legion than I know about SEAL's or even our own Swedish 'Special units'...  Embarassed  
-But is that back-flip for real?!? Never thought any Head of State would do a thing like that...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: