Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1227
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
chessmaster

Rep: 33.1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:34 pm Post subject: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

Who else plays themes like band of brothers, stalingrad, saving private ryan, mission impossible

or military german march music when there playing a game :p

or am I the only one !?  I must be crazy..

=D

Part of being a commander is knowing when to smile, make the troops happy
even if it is the last thing in the world you want to do

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 am Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

I can see why you do as it soothes the mind at times, maybe cuts the boredom in the dull times.

At one time I used to play with loud background noises but I found it detracted from what was really going on.

I play with headphones now, no music. I want to be on to the sound of that panzerschrek or bazooka straight away.

I've tried without  sound at all but after getting pooned & I don't even know which direction it came from I curse myself never again.

Lately I've been playing CC WAR with Digs sound mod, just the right balance I reckon (Good one Digs Exclamation )

Its a matter of choice but when its serious stuff & your men are on the line.

Headphones & a light sound mod are the go!

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 am Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

My habit is to put on one of my WW2 dvds doc or movie on in the backgound.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

matthewhalos

Rep: 42.3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:03 am Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

ME!!! ME!!!! ME!!!!!

well......at least me and chessmaster has this kind of "thing"

the truth is that if i play that knd of music while playing CC......well it gives me like a feeling that i am "inside" the battle.....

i also have this album of the Russian Red Army Choir (Alexandrov) and also the US Army Choir (Pershing's Own), the Essential War Film Themes (album of the soundtracks of war films) and the soundtracks of the games of Medal of Honor.......and yeah......also the German Military Marches
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:11 am Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

oh...by the way

anybody who also likes to listen of what i just mentioned...just pm me or reply to this thread......at least i can share my blessings to all of you.....Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

chessmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:51 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

you can always send me themes & songs friend, medal of honer themes are great, they're all on youtube 2

I don't set the music to loud.. I can still here everything, from sniper attacks to piat's or shreks firing, that's the trick.. don't set it loud ;)

PS: sometimes I set up 'rain & storm' sounds, I get the feeling my troops are fighting in the mud & seeking shelter from the howling wind & rain, kinda interesting you guys should try that 2

matthewhalos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

thanks for the tip!!!! will try that......

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:41 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

Try this for size:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy965HvXK5Y

Nothing more stirring than the sound of the pipes....specially the Black Bear! even for a sassanach Very Happy

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:23 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

I often like to play hits from the era, like the Andrews Sisters, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Jimmy Dorsey, Harry James, Sinatra, Crosby etc, mixed with the occasional war march (all nationalities) and some European songs from the era. Also sometimes inspiring German songs like "Bomben Auf England" when I play the German side Cool.

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-zdHMNFNM
only Westerwald!!!

chessmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

hehe great Smile themes and songs, will try those 2

i found another great.. soundtrack.. i forgot all about its from a RPG game called Silver (1996 - 1998 something)

this soundtrack with me be great for a new mod.. like attack on poland Smile you but this soundtrack in the menu layout

http://66.90.118.45/soundtracks/silver-dean-evans/xrtakwbmjc/03-fuges-theme.mp3

it would scare the hell out of me when.. the germans would march in to poland

caruso

Rep: 23.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:13 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

hehe old but nice post...i have my playlist of german mp3, some times  Smile

Got it mostly trough this site:

http://wahm.no-ip.com/music/music.htm

It has a vast collection of very good mp3...

Youtube is good as welll...or WW2 dvds doc or movie also...

cheers

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

I like to watch a ballgame on mute when playing.

Like above I need to hear the faust/piat and death-yells.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:12 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

I dont listen to much music when playing but I do when editing.

Pretty much the old 80's stuff.
AC/DC
Pat Benatar
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath

You know
the stuff Normal people listen to.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

Check on that my friend.  Wink

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:47 am Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

see below

Last edited by platoon_michael on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:50 am Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

Link

Link

My 80's Big Hair Days.
They weren't big nationally but they were Huge on the East Coast MD/VA

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:12 pm Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

Gotta add KIX to the list or else all my friends would hate me if they ever found out.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 am Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

How do you insert a youtube video and get it to properly display?

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:49 am Post subject: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
How do you insert a youtube video and get it to properly display?

Is there a number in the URL? At the end or start of the URL. Try removing it. I had the same problem for ages.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: