Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:16 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
Paying for a MOD is a business model that could work. We could also do it ourselves but it needs a good mod leader to dish out the tasks to a relatively large group of people. I am a failed modder because I am a perfectionist, I have always worked by myself, but then run out of time and energy halfway to 3/4 of the way through the project or had some disaster like a computer crash or theft without adequately backing up.

It is really not that tough, so long as you have long term goals. In the time it took them to debug WAR (about 2.5 years), I did a a lot of realy cool plugins. I will show a list, plus the NATO1, NATO2, and NAM, plugins, which I rarely even use, but I still have them.

Of course, in that same time period, Matrix came out with 2 more titles (TLD and LSA), which supports more of what Tejzd is saying. I could have just not done any mods at all, and just purchased the new games, and it would have been a lot less wear and tear on my body.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:24 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):
For some reason, I guess I got the mistaken imperssion, that you an southernland had teamed-up and were producing maps, and moving the mod forward.

you mean like this?

Yes, like that one.  Laughing

Very nice, which is always your style.  Exclamation

I am sure the WW2 guys will be estatic.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:10 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

You can't call it shit until you play it. No arguments!

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:12 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
you mean like this?

Reminds me of CC4 Ech-sur-sure, my second least favorite map to play as Americans - Oh The Horror!  Evil or Very Mad

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Yes Southernland has been the driving force behind the Meuse map updates as the original CC5 Meuse mod had only 13 maps (this was increased to 16 with the later releases). This has now been increased to almost 64, one is still in progress, due to the larger strat map available under TLD/WAR.... Map coding though still needs to be done and the strat map updated from CC5's standard 44 to 64 map structure.....

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:13 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Yes Southernland has been the driving force behind the Meuse map updates as the original CC5 Meuse mod had only 13 maps (this was increased to 16 with the later releases). This has now been increased to almost 64, one is still in progress, due to the larger strat map available under TLD/WAR.... Map coding though still needs to be done and the strat map updated from CC5's standard 44 to 64 map structure.....

Which begs the question, who is doing the map coding, and wouldn't it be nice if they could be gang banged so you guys might be able to release this mod sooner.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
You can't call it shit until you play it. No arguments!

I don't think anyone has actually said that, if for NO OTHER REASON, no one, including Erik, has defined fully what IT is.  Exclamation

Several people, in this thread, have expressed anxiety over perhaps another longer than normal PUBLIC debug event.

Do everyone, including yourself, a beeg favor, and actually READ the posts, before going off.  Idea

It works better that way.  Exclamation

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

I would say that Meuse is way more on my wish list then any other thing CC related.
Probably the most fun I've had playing CC was the Meuse GC.
Edit:
And I should have said Monte Cassino,never knew what happened to that Mod for CCIV,the graphics,maps looked incredible.

I do wish you guys the best on the task at hand.
Just please remember to back up.
Don't let a computer crash set you years behind.

As for the release here we are again.
News of an impending new game with no info,no screenshots.
Whats the point of dangling a carrot?
The amount of people wanting/waiting for a new CC is unfortunately way to small and isn't going to generate any type of massive response to spur the forums on until it's released.
I hope nothing but the best for the new release,unfortunately history has dictated otherwise,as easily seen by not only the re-releases but just the sheer fact that once again they moved on to another game before correcting the ones they have already sold us.

My dislike of schrecken is two fold.
1) The belittlement I (and others) received when trying to convince him and his cronies of the errors that were WAR related.
He stuck his neck out sticking up for matrix and the work they did,only to be proved wrong time and time again.

2) The belittlement received when asking for help on an issue I just couldn't understand how to fix and then told to not bother emailing,PM was the last straw.
I'll never have any respect for him after that.

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

I don't think anyone has actually said that, if for NO OTHER REASON, no one, including Erik, has defined fully what IT is.  Exclamation

I'm assuming it is a Close Combat game.

Stwa wrote (View Post):

Do everyone, including yourself, a beeg favor, and actually READ the posts, before going off.  Idea

It wasn't a reply to any post, just a statement, and it still stands.

Off topic, that is some very nice text formatting you have.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:30 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Well! This is a welcomed 'bit' of News!!!

Visions of CC dancing in my brain Waves  Very Happy !

Wonder What It Come Be!

Pacific? Arena??

Oh well ~ that ends -  hmmm  No, don't want to go there ;p

Keep Looking UP! Gents! and HAPPY HOLiDAYS! too!  Smile

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Pacific!.....YES!

There are more people doing mods...................

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.83 KB
 Viewed:  9064 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.43 KB
 Viewed:  9064 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

heia Safari!!

zcharles

Rep: 15.1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Wonderful!

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
I'm assuming it is a Close Combat game ... It wasn't a reply to any post, just a statement, and it still stands.

YA THINK  Question   OIC, well if the announcments are SHIT, what can we expect about the rest of IT.  Laughing  

BTW, I am talking about reading Erik's post. Here is basically what he has said over the past 6 months or so about Close Combat.

6/2011 - We will get to CCMT later this year.
12/2011 - There will be some exciting news regarding CC in the future, probably early next year.

Maybe its a game release announcement, or maybe its a game announcemnt to be developed, or maybe they are going to realease the source code, or maybe they are going to tell us there WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER CC GAME, which would be exiting news for sure. This way the PURGATORY phase would finally come to an end.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

It could be, that the days of whole game free mods are really way behind us, and maybe CC anouncements next year will shed some light on that.

Most of the people I met, just working in the CCMT forums for the past several years, were in fact, modding to create a money angle. Of course, to do so, meant working with Matrix one way or another.

As we go down the road, if there is indeed more road to travel, this may become the norm. When I look around the CCS landscape, I mainly see people, that have had a money interest in CC in the past, or pehaps those that I sense are chasing a money interest in the future.

For my own mods, I eventually came to the conclusion, you could post em at CCS or over at Matrix, but in so doing you were just adding to someone's money interest in CC. There really isn't any one site where you can post truely free mods, where the host site, is really free from developers, agents, or others that have profited one way or another from the CC experience.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:13 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Boy!~ Could i hear 'that penny, Drop!' Dead Drop.  Wink  Down a really long -  well !  
What i mean to say is - Stwa 2 previous posts did make me think ~ long & deep.

No wonder i love coming in here to the FORUM to read each post!

Thanks Again to all !

p.s. did i say penny??!!  ;D !

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:00 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Good looking pics DAK_Legion.

I'm sure this thread will spur many opinions about the next CC as already seen.

Let's just hope that Matrix has the ability and finances to do a "NEW" Close Combat and not a glorified Hammy Down.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Hey DAK_Legion,

Glad to see someone there are more mods in the works.... thanks for the post!

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:33 am Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

MF_Church wrote (View Post):
Boy!~ Could i hear 'that penny, Drop!' Dead Drop.  Wink  Down a really long -  well !  
What i mean to say is - Stwa 2 previous posts did make me think ~ long & deep.

No wonder i love coming in here to the FORUM to read each post!

Thanks Again to all !

p.s. did i say penny??!!  ;D !

You know, Church, your sarcasm rarely works, because it's so ... uniformed.

So, when I saw this, I went over to Matrix and took a snap pic.

Its 8K+ logged in and no doubt some of them are purchasing digital downloads. Last year at this time I saw occasions where there were over 20K logged on at a time.

Oh, and a funny thing, look at the list of members for a real surprise.  Laughing

And, Oh again, look at the birthday list  Arrow What are the chances of that.  Laughing

Come on Church, why do YOU always insist on revealing what a pathetic noob you are  Question

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

I bet first it will be Korea, as its a nice interface between WWII and modern warfare, my second guess is pacific, my third is Vietnam, hmmm perhaps Vietnam second. Well we can guess all we want, but probably better off and waiting for the product quietly,

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:56 pm Post subject: Re: New Close combat release announced Reply with quote

Hm, Korea, Vietnam?

After reading Stwa's post and his observations, I now tend to belive Matrix-Eric talks about a CCMT re-release.. . Not CC6..

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: