Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:47 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
The thread you pointed to David. Isn’t really about monkeys typing…OK… its an analogy.
The point is amino acids lining up, and the probability of that creating life -> evolution. Evolution in a 3D world…
My point is that nature is not a one axis linear event, where there is a condition that say that one need to start in one end or the other, but rather one may start any ware… And in a 3D world, probabilities of attaching is not the same as in a simple linear world.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I now understand your point, and what you are saying makes sense to me.

Last edited by davidssfx on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:54 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
and i hope that alegory (see quaote) was not aimed at the guy who was always talking very friendly to you.

Judging from your comment ... I guess it was a failed attempt of humor.
I was jokingly implying that I had a real life typing monkeys experiment ongoing in my home ... and that a few of the monkeys were getting lazy and in need of some encouragement, so as to maintain their rate of typing quota.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what a person is trying to say in a forum.
I know for the most part you guys like to debate things and have fun doing it ... so do I Smile
Best to you and your family

Last edited by davidssfx on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:38 am; edited 3 times in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:55 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

MF_Church wrote (View Post):
The Best thing in life IS love.  Right?

For this post, let's agree on the Highest form of LOVE.  (selfless or GOD perfect kind of love).

We All want it.  We all want to be loved like that.

Even in this chat thread.  When someone doesn't FEEL loved (love is not rude) they React.*

Ok.. here my Intent.  (all of the above is Setting Up for what i mean to say Next).  :)

Let Love be the PLUMLINE for each post.  

And let ONLY the person who wrote that Post be the ONLY judge of it's intent!

And the Weight (ball thingy at the end of the plumline) be this ~ thought~

*Knowledge Puffs! up
but
Love edifies (the listener / reader).

P. S.  Pls. remember this.  
My hope here is to do just that.  EDIFY each and everyone of ~ us.  :*)

Take care and
Give (it) care too!  Wink   :)

Hope this helps.  CUZ i really do believe we all HERE are and were trying to do this!  
And in some Degrees ~ did !

Thanks MF_Church

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:03 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

I'll make another attempt of exiting this topic ... but I'd like to leave on a good note Smile
Thanks for the discussion

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:41 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

davidssfx wrote (View Post):
MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
I believe in high morals and ethics

The problem with subjective morality is ... eventually it could be argued that anything is permissible.

Tell me, how does it actually work. Is it like, you have an ethical problem and you go to a church and ask a priest's opinion on a matter? Is this what you mean? And without this ethical advice the whole world would collapse?

I know that some people think that non-religious people, atheists, etc. are really immoral people and engage in nothing but 24/7 debauchery and sinfulness around the clock. Is this what you think too?

I don't think the world would collapse if we didn't have organised religion. In fact the world would become a better and more moral place when people would actually have to be responsible for their actions and not just pray to some non-existant entity to forgive them whenever they do something wrong. It's completely ok IMO for you to be religious by yourself, just that there is no need for a strong global organisation that forces people to convert.

- MF

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Also to add, my original intent was not to have a "heated debate about politics & religion" but rather to vent a little about what I perceived as an injustice, me being banned from another board because of a heated debate concerning religion.

It is interesting to see that there are religious people even here. Althouth I've also noticed another phenomena, not here but on other boards, some people take on a religious persona in order to troll other people. So unless I know that the person really is religious I won't believe that they really are. I also don't intend to get into an argument with religious people, just to make my point about non-religiousness etc. and be done with it. If people have a problem with that, tough.

- MF

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

how about no more bible copy pastes in this thread, you are welcome to start a "bible studies" - thread here in CCS of course.

The thread's title is:
"Heated political/religious discussions"

Therefore Biblical quotes are a legitimate and relevant part of this discussion

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:20 pm Post subject: exposing strawman who prefers ilegals ovr legit asylum s Reply with quote

Blackstump wrote (View Post):
Firstly i didn't string a few of your sentences together.

Correct  Smile
You didn't string a few of my sentences together
You took parts from 3 of my sentences and mixed them together to create an entirely new sentence.

The gist of what you are saying is you don't wont illegal boat people here in Australia, correct ?

Pretty much  Smile

What i want is genuine assylum seekers coming to Australia, legally, by making their applications from OS, like they are supposed to.

Did you hear about the People Smuggling kingpin, Captain Emud, who got an assylum seeker protection Visa, after captaining an illegal immigrant boat to Australia?

See, this boatpeople immigration system lets crims into our country  Sad

The present situation sucks!

Liers, cheats and frauds are coming in by the boatload atm because the system is failing.

The people smugglers are overloading our immigration department by flooding us with illegals.

They dont have time to process the backlog of 1000s of legal applications from genuine assylum seekers from overseas.

What would you prefer?

No illegal boat people coming, freeing 100s, or 1000s of immigration department people to process the applications of genuine assylum seekers, who apply through the proper way?

or

Do you favour criminals getting rich by sending 100s, 1000s of people, illegally, on unseaworthy boats, many of which sink with all the passengers drowning?  Sad

Another hundred of them drowned yesterday  Sad

If Australia adopted a zero tolerance of illegal boat people, it would save thousands of people from drowning at sea.

Also thousands of legal assylum seekers would get their applications processed  Smile  because our immigration department would not be swamped with illegals.
It would also save hundreds of millions of tax payers money, which could be put to better use.

This would imply to somebody as "daft" as i, that you have no Christian love for these boat people, correct ?.

Added a comma to your sentence so that it made sense grammatically  Smile

Correct, a person could make such a daft error.

As a christian, i have a love for all humanity and a strong desire for as many as possible to recieve the gift of eternal life.
This includes illegal boat people, you, AT_Stalky, MF and even people smugglers.

As a Christian, i also have a strong sense of justice.

The present system provides riches for people smugglers, drownings for many of their customers, legal assylum seekers being pushed back down the queue by people who can afford to buy their way into Australia.
Where is the justice in that?

Even tho in your words i'm "intellectually challenged" i still seem to be able to understand this, correct?.
Your understanding is improving, but still falling a little short.
Don't realy believe you are intellectually challenged, maybe you just had a "blonde moment".

Please don't start another attack on me about racisim against blondes, i just used a common coloquial expression  Smile (was pure blonde as a child, but i grew out of it  Wink )

OK glad we cleared that up.
Yes, i think so now  Smile

If i can ask you this, are you Koori by nationality? or where your ancestors illegal immigrants in their eyes?

There was no legal system when my ancestors arrived other than that which was established by the South Australian british settlement (1838 & 1848 my maternal & paternal families arrived).

Of course, you are right, the British invasion of Australia is no better than the European invasion of North America.
As for me, i was born legally here, my family has been here 7 generations.

You ask if i admire their total disrespect for Australians and Australia.
I ask you, why would they risk their all to get their kids here if they hate the place ?

Never said they hate the place.
Just to be reciprical, i shall honour your question with as much of an answer as you gave mine

My answer:

Wow an illegal stabbed someone and there was a rape.... think that shits been going on in Australia for awhile....
Yes, rapes and stabbing did happen befroe.
You must be right when you assume that guy would have just been stabbed by somebody else if the illegal hadn't been here and somebody else would have raped the girl too, right?
They are not the only 2 victims of illegals.

Just a sample of those who would have been safer had their assailents never got here.

Don't know if these were legal or llegal immigrants, but re some of the islamic immigrants (which the majority are assylums and majority of those are illegals).
ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
Muslim man throws acid in face of woman who refused to marry him (a practice in some islamic countries)
Muslim parents beat their teenage daughter to death in front of her siblings, because she was too Australian..
Just 2 examples of violent acts, never seen in Australia, until the islamic invasion.

has "that shits been going on in Australia for awhile...."?

No genuine asylum seeker has been disadvantaged by the "illegal boat people" you should check your facts.
You can count on that

My wife is a legal immigrant.
She had to do lots of paperwork.
Pass many tests.
Jump through dozens of hoops.

It is very difficult to get here legally.

Why is it so difficult?

Because of all the liers, cheats and frauds who try to get into our country illegitimately.

This causes the immigration department to toughen the processes.

If it were not for all the  liers, cheats and frauds trying to get into our country illegally, it would be easier for the legitimate immigrants

No i have no shares in the "people smuggling rackets" the only share i have is in humanity.
Glad to hear about the no p.s.r. shares  Smile

Sad that your version of humanity is happy about the present situation where illegal boatpeople are drowning in the hundreds, nearly every week, because the people smugglers are maximiseing their prophets by overloading cheap, unseaworthy boats with prospective fish food  Sad

STOP THE BOATS = Stopping the drownings

STOP THE BOATS = Stopping criminals getting rich

STOP THE BOATS = Stopping queue jumpers (giving legals a chance)

CHEERS

AGS

P.S. thats all for today, my wife is calling again

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

21 pages of useless dribble while the participants try to out clever one another into thinking that they possess more than rudementary knowledge of various religions, Nazis, Biblical scriptures, and their interpretations, science and technology, and athiesm, etc..

I guess this can keep going until everyone pukes, but until you can handle a rattlesnake in one hand and a tamborine in the other, all of you idgits will remain totally clueless.  Laughing

And don't forget ...

What seperates man from the animals on the planet, is mans inate capacity for deceit, and his ability to counter deceit with additional deceit.

Link

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

No animals do in fact deceive and counter deceive.  Their vary existence and survival of species, like man, depends on it.  i.e. - in my neighborhood, raptor bird species adapted perfectly to their suburban environment.  A wild hawk, repeatedly stalked me gauging my pet bird as potential prey. It had numerous learned advantages: stealth silence, perfect camouflage and how to hide/stalk.  Somehow he knew the sun was directly in my eyes, which virtually blinded me.  It kept cleverly moving positions each time I got close...perfectly camouflaged hiding in bushes.  Not only was I blind from the sun position but also it was so perfectly camouflaged, I had no chance to spot it.  He was testing me to see if it could sneak attack and steal my bird as a snack.  By definition that is deceit not only by its behaviour but also how it evolved to exploit those advantages such as colouration and flight characteristics.  

Things are not as they seem.  As Dima put it...life is NOT about black or white, but various shades of grey.  Do Catholic or Protestant Priests molest children en masse?  It seems that way but the % of criminal priests is relatively low.  Does the Church sometimes fight for "social justice", help the less than fortunate amongst us with food/shelter, provide communities with support, challenge Corrupt politicians to not abandon the poor?  Yes the Church sometimes does remarkably good things.  So it is kind of a wash.  The good and bad amongst the Church evens out.  

So what is the point?  I am smarter and more clever than you and that's the last word.  PERIOD.  : )

Meanwhile the alleged "leader" of the free world and democracy founded by FREEMASONS and 1st President FREEMASON George Washington has been completely hi-jacked by an agenda of Religion...despite the fact our Constitution had specific provision for separation between Church and State.  The Opposition party's primary platform is based on Religious activism to overturn the 40 year old law of the land. They claim to hate Big Govt control at the same time they want to impose Big Govt control in our bedrooms...to the point of even trying to claim rape is not really rape to justify their position.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Last edited by dj on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:27 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
do you have any examples?

of coz - see many threads on this forum, this one in particular, like:
you and AGS see everything in 2 colors (see Dictator movie) - black and white, but that is not correct as everything is grey.

and the ones who does see like you makes the most ugly atricities in the Human history.

Cheers Wink.

To answer this from my perpective, based on my experience the non-religious people that I've met are very sceptical of even non-religiousness/atheism itself. They are often very highly educated people and they are almost always very moderate and moral people. Some are ex-members of various religious groups, many from very strict religious groups. The people who have broken apart from some very strict sect are often quite strongly against religion because they know how bad it can be.

These people aren't the bogey man that they are painted out to be by religious. Where I live they want things like to have their own burial ground, a way to conduct weddings and other ceremonies and to basically to be free of religion. Non-religious feel very strongly that everyone has the right to be religious but nobody can force others into religion. Baptizing little babies is one way to force people into religion.

I think I might be a more outspoken and direct non-religious person then they are on average. Some non-religious are getting fed up with the slow pace of secularization. Just today there was statements in the news from a deceased cardinal who said that the "catholic church is 200 years behind the times". Now if the leaders of the religious are saying things like that, what am I supposed to say as a non-religious person, you tell me?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19451439

- MF

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:12 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

No animals do in fact deceive and counter deceive.  Their vary existence and survival of species, like man, depends on it.  -dj

A wild hawk, repeatedly stalked me ... -dj

... Somehow he knew the sun was directly in my eyes, which virtually blinded me.  It kept cleverly moving positions each time I got close...perfectly camouflaged hiding in bushes.  Not only was I blind from the sun position but also it was so perfectly camouflaged, I had no chance to spot it.  He was testing me to see if it could sneak attack and steal my bird as a snack. -dj

Some humans are just smarter than others.  Laughing  Arrow  

Link

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:49 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
I find it odd that God wasn't aware of the shape and age of his creation until much later when it was discovered by Humans using science and technology.

I remember hearing or reading something related to how science is discovering new things about this world/universe ...

Not only did God create everything ... He made it in such a way that it could be discovered

Kind of interesting when you think about things like how we can look back and see how some of the universe was formed because the light from some of those events is reaching us now ... because it happened from such a great distance away.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
:)

Thanks for the info about the first photo of Earth ... very cool

Last edited by davidssfx on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:05 am; edited 3 times in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Tell me, how does it actually work. Is it like, you have an ethical problem and you go to a church and ask a priest's opinion on a matter? Is this what you mean? And without this ethical advice the whole world would collapse?MF

Hi, it's a method of examining different worldviews. I heard reference to this watching a debate some time ago. The idea is that ethics/morals seem to be built into all of us ... in all different groups and beliefs throughout the ages. We all seem to know, or at least have an opinion about, what is right and wrong, and fair ... which we see demonstrated in our daily lives.
The Bible claims that God is eternal and that He is good, just, and loving. If He is and always has been and always will be, then it is reasonable to conclude His ethics/morals are also transcendent. If this is true, then we can point to these standards as a measure and guide for our lives ... and we can view God's ideas of what is right and wrong as objective and unchanging.
Without an objective standard, morality can vary and is subject to each person opinion. Therefore, one person could argue that stealing or any other crime is ok, (for whatever reason) and another could argue the opposite, or somewhere in between. Taken to the extreme, the outcome is ... everything is permissible.

This is kind of off topic but is a video link I watched this evening ... John Lennox speaking at Harvard about "Is Belief in the Supernatural Irrational?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kz4OgXsN1w&feature=youtu.be

also, great song by Nicole C. Mullen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jfC9RT4vg

Last edited by davidssfx on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:06 am Post subject: Re: exposing strawman who prefers ilegals ovr legit asylum s Reply with quote

Muslim man throws acid in face of woman who refused to marry him (a practice in some islamic countries)

Yeh I know what you mean. We also seen similar new types of crimes here done by the Christian pastors.
This is one of the new type of christian crime here: The Christian pastor killed his first wife, and then had his second wife murdered by his kidz nanny, who he also sent to kill the neighbour, who’s wife the pastor was fecking…. (She was intended to be wife No.3) And, then he tried to make the kidz nanny  take here own life so the evidence would be washed away.. We never seen that crime type here before, its alarming.. Funny, the christian pastor also had a sexual relation with the woman pastor in the Church, Åsa Waldau, who was the sister of one of the murdered woman.…! Imagen. Btw, she was “Christ Bride”… and, Åsa was married.. Christian moralety...   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knutby_murder

Muslim parents beat their teenage daughter to death in front of her siblings, because she was too Australian..

Is one reason for killing once own children worst than another, or do you mean that "this" reason was not as good as the "Australian"-"christians" reason for killing there child? ? Is that what your saying?

AGS; Do you have a ranking list, like a "Top 10 - "Christian"/"Australians" best reasons for killing your child"”? Cant you paste it here, I whant to see it. Please.

Qoute: Family Homicide in Australia: On average, 25 children are killed each year by a parent, with children under the age of one at the highest risk of victimisation."
http://www.aic.gov.au/documents/9/C/B/%7B9CBFDFE5-F9B2-4FEB-A14A-3166810B564F%7Dtandi255.pdf

AGS, have you considered that some crazy parents no matter religion and ethnicity kills there children…? Even Christian-Australians?

Just 2 examples of violent acts, never seen in Australia, until the islamic invasion.

Qoute : Family Homicide in Australia :"But for some, the family environment can be deadly. In
Australia, almost two in five homicides occur between family members, with
an average of 129 family homicides each year. The majority of family
homicides occur between intimate partners (60 per cent), and three-quarters of
intimate partner homicides involve males killing their female partners." "The less common types of family
homicide include children killing their parents (12 incidents per year),
homicide between siblings (six incidents per year), and homicides between
other family members (11 incidents per year)."

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 5 times in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:20 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

The Bible claims that God is eternal and that He is good, just, and loving. If He is and always has been and always will be, then it is reasonable to conclude His ethics/morals are also transcendent. If this is true, then we can point to these standards as a measure and guide for our lives ...

Okay, so your God is eternal and He is good, just, and loving. He always has been and always will be.... Okay, lets test what your saying.

Bible quote that shows what type of bible morals David talks about: Numbers 31
"as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. [...] And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captive, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle and all their flocks and all their goods. And they burned all their cities wherein they dwelt and all their goodly strongholds with fire. And they took all the spoil and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.  [...]   And Moses and Eleazar the priest and all the princes of the congregation went forth to meet them outside the camp. And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands and captains over hundreds, who came from the battle.  And Moses said unto them, “Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who hath known a man by lying with him. But all the women children, who have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

“Keep alive for your self”…. murder the children, and do as you pleases with the virgins…!
good, just, and loving, He always has been and always will be......

and we can view God's ideas of what is right and wrong as objective and unchanging. Without an objective standard, morality can vary and is subject to each person opinion.

That sound so good, david... I might whant to buy into that. Lets see what you and your god mean by that:

Bible quote that shows what type of bible morals David talks about: Deuteronomy 20
"When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.And it shall be, if it make thee an answer of peace and open unto thee, then it shall be that all the people who are found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee. And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it. And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword.But the women and the little ones, and the cattle and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies which the LORD thy God hath given thee."

God is just and eternal and fair and generous, giving you slaves, and others positions, now thats morals! As you say, God's ideas of what is right and wrong is objective and unchanging.

Therefore, one person could argue that stealing or any other crime is ok, (..) and another could argue the opposite, or somewhere in between. Taken to the extreme, the outcome is. everything is permissible.

Hahah, yeh, everything is permissible without the bible morals... Lets see what morlas we "atheists" are missing:

Bible quote that shows what type of bible morals David talks about: 2 Samuel 12
“Thus saith the LORD: ‘Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house; and I will take thy wives before thine eyes and give them unto thy neighbor, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. For thou did it secretly; but I will do this thing before all Israel and before the sun.’” And David said unto Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” And Nathan said unto David, “The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.”However, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also who is born unto thee shall surely die.”

How about that AGS..... Maybe that make it to the "Top 10 - "Christian"/"Australians" best reasons for killing your child list"? I mean, your God thinks so, and hes never wrong... right...

Bible quote that shows what type of bible morals David talks about: Exodus 21
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.”

God is Generous... . if your not pleased with your purchase of a woman slave, you can always get a refund... satesfaction guaranteed.... Makes a good slogan...

The Bible claims that God is eternal and that He is good, just, and loving. If He is and always has been and always will be,  

David, about this lemon your trying to sell... in Europe we have actually been there and done that .... And sanety is still resisting the bible people who tries to enforce that bible morals on us again....

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:17 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Tell me, how does it actually work. Is it like, you have an ethical problem and you go to a church and ask a priest's opinion on a matter? Is this what you mean? And without this ethical advice the whole world would collapse?MF

Hi, it's a method of examining different worldviews. I heard reference to this watching a debate some time ago. The idea is that ethics/morals seem to be built into all of us ... in all different groups and beliefs throughout the ages. We all seem to know, or at least have an opinion about, what is right and wrong, and fair ... which we see demonstrated in our daily lives.
The Bible claims that God is eternal and that He is good, just, and loving. If He is and always has been and always will be, then it is reasonable to conclude His ethics/morals are also transcendent. If this is true, then we can point to these standards as a measure and guide for our lives ... and we can view God's ideas of what is right and wrong as objective and unchanging.
Without an objective standard, morality can vary and is subject to each person opinion. Therefore, one person could argue that stealing or any other crime is ok, (for whatever reason) and another could argue the opposite, or somewhere in between. Taken to the extreme, the outcome is ... everything is permissible.

This is kind of off topic but is a video link I watched this evening ... John Lennox speaking at Harvard about "Is Belief in the Supernatural Irrational?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kz4OgXsN1w&feature=youtu.be

also, great song by Nicole C. Mullen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jfC9RT4vg

Well a couple of points, I don't think the old testament paints the christian god as a particularily 'nice guy', I would say it's pretty much the opposite. Jesus in the new testament is a lot more laid back and nicer in the new testament. So I wouldn't necessarily say that god is "good", and if you are "all powerful" then there is a large risk that type of power will be misused.

It's interesting to note how so many non-religious manage to live their lives with a very high moral standards. From a purely ethical point of view I would say that it is much more moral and ethical to find reasons for your behaviour yourself then just blindly obey some religious doctrines. Following religious doctrines makes one very much like a robot and not a thinking, sentient human.

A couple of vids from some non-religious folks.

The Atheism Tapes: Richard Dawkins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6eJjaSgMT4

The True Core Of The Jesus Myth | Christopher Hitchens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMo5R5pLPBE&feature=related

Michael Shermer: Why people believe weird things
http://www.ted.com/talks/michael_shermer_on_believing_strange_things.html

Sam Harris Simply Destroys Christianity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXcdevmiR0U

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:41 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Thanx MF for the  ”Sam Harris Simply Destroys Christianity” vid.. His view is pretty much my view.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

The Bible claims that God is eternal and that He is good, just, and loving. If He is and always has been and always will be, then it is reasonable to conclude His ethics/morals are also transcendent. If this is true, then we can point to these standards as a measure and guide for our lives ...

Okay, so your God is eternal and He is good, just, and loving. He always has been and always will be.... Okay, lets test what your saying.

Bible quote that shows what type of bible morals David talks about: Numbers 31
"as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. [...] And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captive, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle and all their flocks and all their goods. And they burned all their cities wherein they dwelt and all their goodly strongholds with fire. And they took all the spoil and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.  [...]   And Moses and Eleazar the priest and all the princes of the congregation went forth to meet them outside the camp. And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands and captains over hundreds, who came from the battle.  And Moses said unto them, “Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who hath known a man by lying with him. But all the women children, who have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

“Keep alive for your self”…. murder the children, and do as you pleases with the virgins…!
good, just, and loving, He always has been and always will be......

and we can view God's ideas of what is right and wrong as objective and unchanging. Without an objective standard, morality can vary and is subject to each person opinion.

That sound so good, david... I might whant to buy into that. Lets see what you and your god mean by that:

Bible quote that shows what type of bible morals David talks about: Deuteronomy 20
"When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.And it shall be, if it make thee an answer of peace and open unto thee, then it shall be that all the people who are found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee. And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it. And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword.But the women and the little ones, and the cattle and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies which the LORD thy God hath given thee."

God is just and eternal and fair and generous, giving you slaves, and others positions, now thats morals! As you say, God's ideas of what is right and wrong is objective and unchanging.

Therefore, one person could argue that stealing or any other crime is ok, (..) and another could argue the opposite, or somewhere in between. Taken to the extreme, the outcome is. everything is permissible.

Hahah, yeh, everything is permissible without the bible morals... Lets see what morlas we "atheists" are missing:

Bible quote that shows what type of bible morals David talks about: 2 Samuel 12
“Thus saith the LORD: ‘Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house; and I will take thy wives before thine eyes and give them unto thy neighbor, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. For thou did it secretly; but I will do this thing before all Israel and before the sun.’” And David said unto Nathan, “I have sinned against the LORD.” And Nathan said unto David, “The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.”However, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also who is born unto thee shall surely die.”

How about that AGS..... Maybe that make it to the "Top 10 - "Christian"/"Australians" best reasons for killing your child list"? I mean, your God thinks so, and hes never wrong... right...

Bible quote that shows what type of bible morals David talks about: Exodus 21
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.”

God is Generous... . if your not pleased with your purchase of a woman slave, you can always get a refund... satesfaction guaranteed.... Makes a good slogan...

The Bible claims that God is eternal and that He is good, just, and loving. If He is and always has been and always will be,  

David, about this lemon your trying to sell... in Europe we have actually been there and done that .... And sanety is still resisting the bible people who tries to enforce that bible morals on us again....

You bring up some very important questions ... something we each need to resolve for ourselves. In the last several years I've made an effort to do so, and have been more than satisfied with what I've found.
A good place to start with these type of problems (and others) is to ask "why?".
The Bible is one story, both old testament and new are part of the same ... and in context of the whole story, I believe it to be the greatest love story every told.
Are you honestly trying to understand it, or only trying to justify a preconceived idea?

to borrow a saying ... the same sun that hardens clay, also melts wax

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Lets guess who said the following:

"Therefore be on your guard against the Jews, knowing that wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self¬glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy, and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously and veheming his eyes on them.
Moreover, they are nothing but thieves and robbers who daily eat no morsel and wear no thread of clothing which they have not stolen and pilfered from us by means of their accursed usury. Thus they live from day to day, together with wife and child, by theft and robbery, as arch¬thieves and robbers, in the most impenitent security."

Click the button for the right answer:

Hidden: 
The right answer is: Martin Luther, the father of the protestant Church wrote that in his book. Titled: The Jews and Their Lies (1543) (1543)

"If I had to refute all the other articles of the Jewish faith, I should be obliged to write against them as much and for as long a time as they have used for inventing their lies¬¬ that is, longer than two thousand years." "Did I not tell you earlier that a Jew is such a noble, precious jewel that God and all the angels dance when he farts?"
Aha, propaganda:

Hidden: 
The right answer is: Martin Luther, the father of the protestant Church wrote that in his book. Titled: The Jews and Their Lies (1543)

"Over and above that we let them get rich on our sweat and blood, while we remain poor and they such the marrow from our bones."
Hm, who does that sond like?

Hidden: 
The right answer is: Martin Luther, the father of the protestant Church wrote that in his book. Titled: The Jews and Their Lies (1543)

"I brief, dear princes and lords, those of you who have Jews under your rule¬¬ if my counsel does not please your, find better advice, so that you and we all can be rid of the unbearable, devilish burden of the Jews, lest we become guilty sharers before God in the lies, blasphemy, the defamation, and the curses which the mad Jews indulge in so freely and wantonly against the person of our Lord Jesus Christ, this dear mother, all Christians, all authority, and ourselves. Do not grant them protection, safe¬conduct, or communion with us.... .With this faithful counsel and warning I wish to cleanse and exonerate my
conscience." "Let the government deal with them in this respect, as I have suggested. But whether the government acts or not, let everyone at least be guided by his own conscience and form for himself a definition or image of a Jew.
"
Lords be warned...

Hidden: 

"First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians, and do not condone or knowingly tolerate such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of his Son and of his Christians. For whatever we tolerated in the past unknowingly ¬ and I myself was unaware of it ¬ will be pardoned by God. But if we, now that we are informed, were to protect and shield such a house for the Jews, existing right before our very nose, in which they lie about, blaspheme, curse, vilify, and defame Christ and us (as was heard above), it would be the same as if we were doing all this and even worse ourselves, as we very well know."

Hidden: 

"Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. For they pursue in them the same aims as in their synagogues. Instead they might be lodged under a roof or in a barn, like the gypsies. This will bring home to them that they are not masters in our country, as they boast, but that they are living in exile and in captivity, as they incessantly wail and lament about us before God."

Remember who also hated gypsies? Who may have said all that???

Hm, lodged under a roof or in a barn, who come up with thease ideas??  

Hidden: 

"Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them. (remainder omitted)"
Jew books...

Hidden: 

"Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb. For they have justly forfeited the right to such an office by holding the poor Jews captive with the saying of Moses (Deuteronomy 17 [:10 ff.]) in which he commands them to obey their teachers on penalty of death, although Moses clearly adds: "what they teach you in accord with the law of the Lord." Those villains ignore that. They wantonly employ the poor people's obedience contrary to the law of the Lord and infuse them with this poison, cursing, and blasphemy. In the same way the pope also held us captive with the declaration in Matthew 16 {:18], "You are Peter," etc, inducing us to believe all the lies and deceptions that issued from his devilish mind. He did not teach in accord with the word of God, and therefore he forfeited the right to teach."

Hidden: 

"Fifth, I advise that safe­conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside, since they are not lords, officials, tradesmen, or the like. Let they stay at home. (...remainder omitted)."

Hidden: 

"Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them and put aside for safekeeping. The reason for such a measure is that, as said above, they have no other means of earning a livelihood than usury, and by it they have stolen and robbed from us all they possess. Such money should now be used in no other way than the following: Whenever a Jew is sincerely converted, he should be handed one hundred, two hundred, or three hundred florins, as personal circumstances may suggest. With this he could set himself up in some occupation for the support of his poor wife and children, and the maintenance of the old or feeble. For such evil gains are cursed if they are not put to use with God's blessing in a good and worthy cause."
Take there treasure of silver and gold...

Hidden: 

"Seventh, I commend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow, as was imposed on the children of Adam (Gen 3[:19]}. For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting, and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants."

What does that sound like...?
Hidden: 

"that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss in sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire. That would demonstrate to God our serious resolve and be evidence to all the world that it was in ignorance that we tolerated such houses, in which the Jews have reviled God, our dear Creator and Father, and his Son most shamefully up till now but that we have now given them their due reward."

Kristallnacht.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristallnacht

Hidden: 

"I wish and I ask that our rulers who have Jewish subjects exercise a sharp mercy toward these wretched people, as suggested above, to see whether this might not help (though it is doubtful). They must act like a good physician who, when gangrene has set in, proceeds without mercy to cut, saw, and burn flesh, veins, bone, and marrow. Such a procedure must also be followed in this instance. Burn down their synagogues, forbid all that I enumerated earlier, force them to work, and deal harshly with them, as Moses did in the wilderness, slaying three thousand lest the whole people perish. They surely do not know what they are doing; moreover, as people possessed, they do not wish to know it, hear it, or learn it. There it would be wrong to be merciful and confirm them in their conduct. If this does not help we must drive them out like mad dogs, so that we do not become partakers of their abominable blasphemy and all their other vices and thus merit God's wrath and be damned with them. I have done my duty. Now let everyone see to his. I am exonerated."

Hidden: 

Christans preach Love love love and forgiveness, right AGS!
Your right AGS.... The Jews have feelt much "love" from the christian church over the years..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther

... may I suggest that history can endow us with more noble traits than a pointed finger

Perhaps a more relevant question might be ... what have I done with the Gospel (good news)?

Last edited by davidssfx on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Jump to: