Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:36 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

I too thought CC was coming back to the east! seven games, now eight that are set in the west and only two in the east of which one is almost an exact remake.

Privateryan1

Rep: 58.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:04 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

I see nothing wrong with 21 teams and yes 64 maps is a waste of time against the AI and too cumbersome . After all these releases and mods , I would like to see real air drops like in CC2 where you could reinforce an out of supply or cut off battlegroup and of course a settled upon map size where the AI will actually attack you .Large maps just don't work and what would be wrong with multiple airstrikes and an end of battle popup screen where you could write your own after battle report , save and of course print !

Tell her when you found me I was with the only brothers I have left.

dj

Rep: 157.5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Privateryan1 wrote (View Post):
I see nothing wrong with 21 teams and yes 64 maps is a waste of time against the AI and too cumbersome . After all these releases and mods , I would like to see real air drops like in CC2 where you could reinforce an out of supply or cut off battlegroup and of course a settled upon map size where the AI will actually attack you .Large maps just don't work and what would be wrong with multiple airstrikes and an end of battle popup screen where you could write your own after battle report , save and of course print !

Exactly...well said.

I don't get it.  CC2 is over 10 years old.  And was arguably the best in the whole series in terms of those supply drops, tenacious AI and overall gameplay.  Even the morning briefing videos with narrator was really a first class production.

Yet with each new CC release it seems the gameplay against AI is getting progressively worse, to the point of being virtually unplayable altogether. Some of us just don't have the time to play online or H2H...especially for a grand campaign.  They also keep re-doing Normandy over and over again.  CC1, CC5, and now CC Panthers in Fog?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Not trying to be a wet blanket.  Just not sure the game producers are cognizant of these issues.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Privateryan1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

I suppose the real problem is there are wishers , like me , and doers like the guys who have the ability and the power to do just about anything . Im sure there are many of us who just cant migrate away from COI for this reason as we have the ability to change ( well cheat ) with requisition points and of course CC5 offers real strategic gameplay . But wouldnt it be great ( wishing again ) , to have all these merged into one moddable game where you could reinforce , have 20 or more teams , merge groups , blow bridges , repair bridges , use real air drops , print and save reports and access force pools without  ( Sides are fixed ) .The more mods I see the worse the vehicle graphics have become ( only my opinion ) . Thats why I have spent over two years making a SUPERMOD , where I managed to get all of the best vehicles into one mod and have the same in COI and of course have tried to make maps as well 3D as possible .Like this...

278.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  984.85 KB
 Viewed:  7051 Time(s)

278.png

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:03 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Privateryan1 wrote (View Post):
.The more mods I see the worse the vehicle graphics have become ( only my opinion ) . Thats why I have spent over two years making a SUPERMOD , where I managed to get all of the best vehicles into one mod and have the same in COI and of course have tried to make maps as well 3D as possible .Like this...
G'day Privateryan1

Have not see your ID around before  Confused

Seems you had a similar idea.  Idea

When i created DOF2, i raped/plundered/pilaged all the graphics files of many different CC3 mods to gather the best Tank/AFV graphics that i could find and put them all into the DOF2 Tank graphics file.

Now i am working on DOF3 (both a CC3 & COI version).

If you have some cool new Tank/Gun graphics, the community & i would be grateful to have them made available  Very Happy

Was not going to bother changing any graphics for DOF3 (as i already have too much work in other areas; Data, CampOps etc), but if all i gotta do is put new graphics into the main file (and not have to make the graphics myself), i would do it Exclamation

cheers

AGS

P.S. Hey that map of yours is just SOOOOO sexy  Very Happy

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Privateryan1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:50 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Hi ArmeeGruppeSud

This is probably the wrong place to post this but here they are anyway There are more default allied tanks in it as well but I have sacraficed almost all of the smaller vehicles ( the ones that get knocked out after thirty seconds when a battle starts ). Not for the purists as after my long struggle with x-tank  I felt I deserved the right to name them to whatevrer I liked .  Airstrikes as well and pretty devastating .

IN COI AND CC5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  447.56 KB
 Viewed:  6807 Time(s)

IN COI AND CC5.png

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:47 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Quote:
They also keep re-doing Normandy over and over again.

That is an understatement, as well as many of the usermade mods have been based on Normandy.

Have been longing to see a Africa, even Italy based Mod with TLD, or WAR based Forcepool system.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:31 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Quote:
They also keep re-doing Normandy over and over again.

That is an understatement, as well as many of the usermade mods have been based on Normandy.

Have been longing to see a Africa, even Italy based Mod with TLD, or WAR based Forcepool system.

YAWN

Yes, more of the same.

Would one of those CC4/CC5 modders please make a KOREA MOD?

That would just be............

S Cool   K Cool Cool L!

Korea would be so perfect!

You could map the whole peninsula

There are significant reinforcement dates
(when both side are down to holding their last map)

Plenty of good equipment, AK47s, T34/85s and Stalins for the Commies

The allies will have Patton tanks as well as the rusty old Shermans

Somebody.....................

JUST DO IT!

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Manoi

Rep: 89.5

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Don't know what you think but seeing the comments and the number of posts of some members of their staff on the matrix ans slitherine forum, I think that a new wind is (finaly) blowing on the CC world!!!

keyser Soeze

Rep: 0.8

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Manoi wrote (View Post):
Don't know what you think but seeing the comments and the number of posts of some members of their staff on the matrix ans slitherine forum, I think that a new wind is (finaly) blowing on the CC world!!!

I hope you are right, been to damn long already!!!

dj

Rep: 157.5

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:50 am Post subject: Re: new close combat forum at Slitherine... any relation? Reply with quote

Here is the official product description, just posted on Slitherine:

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series.  It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy.  Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314?  Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history?
Play single battles, linked operations, or even the Grand campaign simulating all six crucial days of fighting.  With 35 linked battlefields and historically accurate formations and units, strategic choices are as important as tactical prowess.  New features of long-range interdiction, strategic high ground and adverse weather conditions bring an insight into the challenges faced by those who commanded both sides in this pivotal WW2 battle.
For the Allies the Normandy landings of June were followed by two months of hard fighting in difficult terrain against a tenacious German defense.  But in late July the U.S. Army’s Operation Cobra has finally created a decisive breach in the weakened German line.  Patton’s 3rd Army races through the opening along the western coast of France and into the clear, driving for the Brittany Ports.  Faced with the choice between retreat and last-ditch counter-attack, the Germans struggle to assemble a panzer force for one more charge.  Can the Germans move quickly enough to overcome a desperate situation, push through to Avranches on the French coast, and cut off Patton’s racing spearheads?  Or will the thinly stretched Americans troops screening Patton’s flank be able to hold out, regroup, and hold the vital lifeline open?

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: