Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

Yup

The image was just schematic mimic the quad and the 8 connection GC made in his post at the top of the page. To illustrate that neither 8 or 4 connections is applicable in all arias. Diff connections and sizes of areas depending on the infrastructure and terrain. Poorly made and poorly explained, sorry.

Anyway, just my though.

/S

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:50 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

See now you've got me looking at maps again...  Imagine this as a strat map, a depleted German Pzgrenider Div fighting a Sov armoured corps 1944 eastern poland  

http://www.mapywig.org/m/wig25k/XXIII-14-F_BOHUKALY_ARKUSZ_4.jpg

or this one a couple of months later  

http://amzpbig.com/maps/3381_Dobrin_1944.jpg

WARNING SLOW LOADING.  THEY ARE BIG

southern_land

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

This to me would be the ultimate strat map.  Clearly defined map linkages and no go areas.  each map has at least one specific feature, town river  or bog crossing, hill forest etc

Bug copy2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 MB
 Viewed:  7006 Time(s)

Bug copy2.jpg

GaryChildress

Rep: 20.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

I'd like to use maps from both LSA and TLD for this mod but the roofs of the buildings are so different in appearance. One thought I had was having a sea coast and the coastal buildings would be the dark brown and as you get inland the roofs get orange/red.

southern_land

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

i think most of the cc5 mod maps should work with little or no editing... I think WAAR tLD and LSA is just extra elements added to the bottom of the list, n othing changed higher up

GaryChildress

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:32 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

As far as the roofs being different colors, do you think that would present a problem of realism?

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:53 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

I don't see it being a huge problem... another thing you can do easily is alter the maps you do have... 2 hills added to a OMG map  Easy to add trees or extra stream too without having to redo the entire map

Yugo 5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  315.19 KB
 Viewed:  6986 Time(s)

Yugo 5.jpg

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:04 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

Decided to have a play with the hex system

this strikes me as a fairly good arrangement...

Clear definition of passable and unpassable hex sides plus the unlying image indictaes why access may be blocked.

reasonable view of the underlying terrain dictating the actual battle maps  woods/urban/ farm, stream etc

probably slightly over scale for a regiment sized battle but not overtly so?

1 to 1 concept strat copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  481.7 KB
 Viewed:  6978 Time(s)

1 to 1 concept strat copy.jpg

GaryChildress

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
Decided to have a play with the hex system

this strikes me as a fairly good arrangement...

Clear definition of passable and unpassable hex sides plus the unlying image indictaes why access may be blocked.

reasonable view of the underlying terrain dictating the actual battle maps  woods/urban/ farm, stream etc

probably slightly over scale for a regiment sized battle but not overtly so?

Looks great!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

CC is good as it gives the mod maker the control to make many different map shapes and connections between them. It doesn't have to be fixed to any set design (squares, hexes, etc.).

Stalky,

Here is a pic from LSA with 2 German BG's attacking out of single map location to two allied held connecting maps. The arrows are different colors as 1 BG is considered as first in case they attack the same map;

LSA 2 BG.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.23 KB
 Viewed:  6958 Time(s)

LSA 2 BG.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

Okay, thanx for the illustration of that feature TJ.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

I enjoy this conversation but unfortunately most of the hex or square strategic maps are gonna be hard to do because isn't there a set amount of map connections?

GaryChildress

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:48 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

You mean set number of connections overall or per map? Per map we're fine. There are already CC maps with up to 6 connections. IIRC there is no overall limit either of connections other than the limit of maps allowed in the game.  Question

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:29 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

Yes you can have 6 or more map connections but what is the total amount of connections for the entire strat map?

I believe there is a limit to that.

In CCIV there are only 80 slots for the arrows that depict strategic map movements.
In WAR there are 127 slots available.

Can that be expanded to say 300?

GaryChildress

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:04 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

Good question. Looking in the LSA screen gadgets file it looks like there are 255 possible slots for strategic map arrows. Since the map will be all uniform hexes, I wonder if it is possible to use the same 6 arrows for every hex map? in any case 255 should probably be enough as each arrow entry has a to and from orientation.

GaryChildress

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:07 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

Been working on a command screen for the mod. Here is what I have so far:

East West Preview.PNG
 Description:
Command screen preview
 Filesize:  211.51 KB
 Viewed:  7323 Time(s)

East West Preview.PNG

southern_land

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

rough count i got 131 links between maps in LSA

GaryChildress

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
rough count i got 131 links between maps in LSA

If the map is going to be made of homogenous hexes, do you know if it's possible or not to use the same 6 arrows for all the maps?  Question

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

per Steve McCLaire Each map can have 8 outgoing connections.The total number of connections is limited to 128.
For WAR.

GaryChildress

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:19 am Post subject: Re: Anyone Interested in Collaborating on a New Mod? Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
per Steve McCLaire Each map can have 8 outgoing connections.The total number of connections is limited to 128.
For WAR.

We'll be using LSA, though. We need to know the connection limit for LSA?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: