Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

I have just checked my LSA and TLD games and... my ovm are also now black!!! Full screen and resolution changing don't help!
Very strange but I suspect the last drivers nvidia 296.10 WHQL.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:43 am Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Thanks kweniston, time running out crash doesn't sound like a mod error but more likely an exe issue. Hopefully your second attempt tonight works fine....

I experienced the same sort of crash again, unfortunately... I finished Vresse this time, but afterwards I had a crash on Pouillon, right after finishing the battle timer... again, tank heavy battle, around 5 tanks destroyed on German side, 2 french tanks and 1 A gun détruits on my side... nothing really special besides that...

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:48 am Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

kweniston wrote (View Post):
Thanks kweniston, time running out crash doesn't sound like a mod error but more likely an exe issue. Hopefully your second attempt tonight works fine....

I experienced the same sort of crash again, unfortunately... I finished Vresse this time, but afterwards I had a crash on Pouillon, right after finishing the battle timer... again, tank heavy battle, around 5 tanks destroyed on German side, 2 french tanks and 1 A gun détruits on my side... nothing really special besides that...

I've pretty much completed the GC in prerelease testing and have had about 3 crashes.  I'm assuming they're game related rather than mod related.  They haven't corupted the file which is the good thing and never had two in sequential games so you can move on

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:01 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Is the .exe  file just a self-installer no mod configuration required?

Thanks Tejszd

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

dj correct, the exe contains all the mod files and installs them in the proper location.

Thanks to Bernd for the tool!

Manoi

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:19 am Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

The ovm maps problem was effectively a problem of driver (I was using the last beta nvidia driver).
I have experienced some crash at the end of the battles with a disappearance of my savegame.
Another thing : some sounds dissapear or are very low when playing with a headphone.

A pity of the end battle crash as this mod is very great.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:39 am Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Manoi the saved game problem in TLD was fixed with the latest beta version of TLD "CC-TheLongestDay-Update-55014b.exe" that came out March 14/2012 are you using it?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3060832

Manoi

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

no I had seen it but didn't had a reason to download it! now well! Wink

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:19 am Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):

I've pretty much completed the GC in prerelease testing and have had about 3 crashes.  I'm assuming they're game related rather than mod related.  They haven't corupted the file which is the good thing and never had two in sequential games so you can move on

This is interesting.
It's probably the first time I've heard of the re-releases crashing after the last patches.
Is anyone playing Stock GC's who can confirm this?

We see it in a modified version of WAR

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

kweniston and Southern_land can you both confirm you are running the latest version of CCTLD; CC-TheLongestDay-Update-55014b.exe?

I have been playing the mod for months and it has been stable. For the AAR I posted on the Matrix site that I started in late April I have gone through 5 days of 2 turns + 1 night resulting in 68 battles without a single crash.

My computer is;
Win7 64bit
Direct-X 11
Nvidia driver 285.62 for a GTS 450 card

What do you two have as that might help to identify a problem?

dj

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:28 am Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Yes I am skeptical as anyone, but when I did download the latest patch for CoI...I was very impressed.  Not only does CoI run stable, but there is also a new updated game launch screen and I run it on Windows 7 on my Intel Mac.  Still has yet to crash even once.  AI is slightly better.

I believe they introduced a mega patch a year ago for all the CC Series re-releases.  Have not tried yet on TLD or LSA.

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
southern_land wrote (View Post):

This is interesting.
It's probably the first time I've heard of the re-releases crashing after the last patches.
Is anyone playing Stock GC's who can confirm this?

We see it in a modified version of WAR

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Hello Tejszd,

I am indeed running the 14b beta patch. Further: Win7 64-bit, AMD Catalyst 12.3 (HD 6950 GPU), 8 Gb of Ram, Intel i5 2500k.
I must say I haven't tried a lot of battles yet.

I just noticed that the Meuse exe file is set to run at WinXP SP2 compatibility mode, perhaps I should change this, to what? To no compatibility?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:13 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Checked my Win7 CCE install none of the exe files are set to use compatibility mode. I would turn it off....

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

kwenistonm you have private message on the Matrix forum from the CC programmer who would like a bit more info from you on the crashes you experienced....

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:41 am Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

kwenistonm did changing to not use compatibility mode fix the crashes you were experencing?

dj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:04 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Works perfect so far on my Intel Mac.  I reinstalled TLD on my new computer, applied the latest patch and then installed .exe
Seems like the AI performance is better now and the AI vehicles are finally smart enough to go on attack instead of driving around in circles or wandering aimlessly.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:22 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback dj!!!

Manoi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:27 am Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Just to say one more time : thanks to the Meuse team for this great mod. SL : you have done the best maps ever done! I was first not convinced by the new buildings but it is master work!
A pity the mod was not released for LSA... Wink

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:20 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Thanks Manoi, SL did an awesome job on the maps!

Next for Meuse is getting to the 64 map strat so everyone can see the rest of SL's maps.

After that LSA... LSA was not the original target due to all the data changes req'd.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Reply with quote

Thanks Manoi, two more maps to finishing coding and we can start putting together the 64 map edition

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: