Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:22 pm Post subject: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

CC5 - GJS - TRSM 982 - GC playing the German side

In a H2H-GC in two different battles, I have tried that a VL cant be captured?

I haven't been able to find anything on this in the forums; has anyone tried this bug before?

I have a feeling that Lag might cause this bug?

GC0062.jpg
 Description:
The Field VL could not be captured.rnrnA single dead of my troops trying in two attempt with two different units trying to capture it.
 Filesize:  308.8 KB
 Viewed:  7815 Time(s)

GC0062.jpg

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

I can see on the overview that the enemy is south of the vl.  2 units southleft and 4 units south right.. Are u sure that the enemy dont have a unit close to the vl?

/S

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Hi Stalky

This screen is not from the moments I tried and capture the VL, but from the end of the battle. It was a meeting engagement, and thus I had men on the spot way before my opponent, however, they couldent capture it?

I have also tried the same thing on the Lebissey Woods map, today, being the south Field VL, also in a meeting engagement with the same player from the same GC. An extremely laggy battle on my side (not being Host) and although my entry box was just next to the VL in that southern field, I could not capture it?

Lebissey Woods - Not able to capture the VL in the South Field as on Talleville.jpg
 Description:
As on Talleville - its a meeting engagement - and its the South Field VL - that cannot me captured
 Filesize:  574.75 KB
 Viewed:  7809 Time(s)

Lebissey Woods - Not able to capture the VL in the South Field as on Talleville.jpg

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Hello CO
I cant remember seeing anything like the last pic.

An answer will come..

/S

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

I had same happened playing as client a very laggy game.
But IIRC they were captured when the battle was over....

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Tx dima

Can you check if the vl is in your controll now, in the GC, CO?

/S

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:25 pm Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Hi Dima and Stalky

From what Dima also has experienced, it sounds like its a lag-related client bug. Game crashed at 00, so I sadly cant confirm, however, up to the very last, the VL was neutral.

On note:

CCV has some serious VL bugs; yesterday in another GC at Corseulles Sur Mer, I as German got the bunker VL handed over after the battle, even though I never had any men there. It was neutral from battle-start. In the same battle, we also contested the Hillman VL making it neutral to the end of battle, however, that VL was also in German hands after wise.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:09 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Is there anything in the units' data that can prevent it from capturing VL's? I thought snipers were not able to capture VL's for some reason.... Question

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:53 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

pvc_grunt is right snipers can not capture a VL. Haven't heard of any other type that can't but that doesn't mean there might not be another....

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:39 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

One other possible thing to consider.

If someone has modified the terrain file and the flags have been gomered or they have the wrong index value, then its possible that when you capture the victory location, the game wrongly displays the flag that says the victory location is contested.

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

You are soo cool, please more guesses Smile.

My bet that were aliens trying to steal flags from ground with their tracking beam but due to malfunction only half of the flag was stolen!

P.S. Play more CC5 H2H as clients Wink.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:24 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

I think it was an Aufklärer team and a PioHalbe I tried to use to capture the South Field VL on Talleville?
On Lebissey Woods it was at first a mortar car, and then several Panzers I tried to use for the capture. The game was extremely laggy on Lebissey, however, only a biit onTalleville?

Modifying the terrain, hm, don't see why anyone would want to do that? It would only ruin the game doing so.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

OK - Obviously a TRSM bug - someone please speak to the modder straight away! If he needs technical help maybe we can get Firefox back to help him  Razz

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:05 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

OK, now I know you gomered the terrain file.   Shocked  Laughing

So, I suppose, it was a bad quess, oui  Question

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:35 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Hm, i dont know if its a VL afterall, but there might be another reason why soldiers go to that location.

20120717_0046 (kopia).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  497.62 KB
 Viewed:  7748 Time(s)

20120717_0046 (kopia).jpg

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:16 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

OK,

I don't know what the deal is, but ever since I posted in this thread, I have been unable to capture certain victory locations.

The infantry can capture them no problem, but as you can see from the screenie, the tanks no workie.  Exclamation

Maybe some guru, that knows everything there is to know about client-server software will help me.  Question  Idea  Rolling Eyes  Laughing

Oh, and middleware too.  Exclamation

CC_CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 am Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Hi Stwa

I think the client-lag thing has something to do with, unless as you suggested, someone has tweaked the terrain file before the campaign.

It is very rare I have experienced this bug, because in other trsm h2h campaigns, I have both on Lebissey Woods and Talleville, been able to capture those two VLs.

Thus the lag is probably the reason, although exactly why is still a mystery?

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:25 pm Post subject: Re: Victory Locations that cant be captured? Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
P.S. Play more CC5 H2H as clients Wink.

Well sure, but not if its gonna lag to the point where the leetle flags no workie.  Laughing

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: