Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:50 pm Post subject: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

After Action Report Grand Campaign

Mod and Sub-mod: Gold Juno Sword True Realism Sub-Mod 982

Players: Ronson (Allies) versus CC_CO (Germans)

Short on the rules
    20 minutes rounds (using CC-reg)
    95% realism
    Strength settings Elite
    Morale is off
    Never act on initiative
    2 minutes warning
    No BG movements in Turn 1

Extended list of all the rules can be read here TRSM GC Looking for opponent

About this After Action Report
The AAR will be split up in two continuous parts.

I. The part first will be a full strategical map size large, showing both all my own and all the spotted allied BGs. The idea is to post a full map per turn. These maps will be posted in their own section and titled; Strategic movement phase June the Xth turn am or pm
The maps have to be clicked on for the large view.

II. The second part will be the reporting on the battles each turn.

Morning battles 6th of June - 5 battles in total

Gold Beach; map is still in German hands. - enemy took the exit to Port-en-Bessin, however, not the exit to Creully. Enemy casualties 2 tanks and nearly 40 men. Own casualties 2 guns and 25 men. Enemy naval artillery and air-strike took out at least one PAK and several infantry troops.  Enemy made good use of combined infantry and tank tactics, with infantry up front and the tanks as backup fire.

One note, taking into account that Ronson couldent see my muzzle flashes he did pretty well. I think had the game been fair in this battle, he would have had a realistic chance of taking the exit to Creully as well.

Juno Beach; MAP IS LOST! - enemy took the entire map. With exception for the 3 mortar teams deployed, own casualties mounted the total force deployed. Enemy casualties high in infantry and light in tanks. Enemy made good use of heavy suppressive fire. My PAK 40 was on Defend from start, a clear mistake on my side, cause after the first two shoots it was identified and knocked out by very massive tank shelling. When the enemy began moving his infantry units, my mortars over and over halted their advance. Thus eventually the enemy ewas forced to send in his tanks at front, enabling my two light PAKs to revenge the loss of the PAK 40. I think it was a hard battle for both sides.

allied Air-strike decimate my troops hidden in the hedge.

Flamer tanks!

Battle results:

Courseulles-Sur-Mer; map is still in German hands. - we both fought fiercely over the Hillman exit. It actually went neutral at battle-end, however, after the battle it was on German hands, as was the Bunker-VL, even though I never moved any unit to the bunker. I think this map has a VL-bug?
I stupidly lost my 88-PAK because I deployed it in a very wrong position from start. Not going to make that mistake again...I hope. However, in overall, it was rather easy to defend this map, even without PAKS. One thing though, I think the next time I fight as German here, when the big counter-offensive has pushed the allied forces into the sea again, I will concentrate more infantry in the proximity of the Hillman exit.

If I recall correct, the enemy did not call in Naval barrage or Air-strike. Report status is therefore that Festung-Courseulles-Sur-Mer - still stands strong!    

Battle results:

Sword Beach; map is still in German hands. This was a tuff battle. Had the timer been set to 30 minutes Ronson would have captured the entire map. Not much to say actually. My forces was put under a devastating fire from round-start to round-end. I made several mistakes in my deployment, not guarding the exit to Courseulles-Sur-Mer with enough infantry. Ronsons first objective clearly was to take this exit and from there on roll down, which he did very effectively.  

Battle results:

Ouistreham; map is still in German hands. a rather easy battle. I managed to hold off Ronson in the centre of town. he went for the first big bunker, however, he wasn't able to capture it, although it switched hands some 10 - 20 times. The exit to Benouville never was in danger and for the most of the round also the exit to Perriers Ridge. The latter was lost though, in the last minute of the battle.  

A second bold attempt to capture the Exit VL to Perriers Ridge is rewarded with success

The Stuart just makes it for the capture!

Ronson loose several squads trying to capture the Observation Bunker

Battle results:

Heroes from the Battle of the Observation Bunker

Zugführer Kuhn

Gruppenführer Shchennikov

Total losses and situation debrief June 6th AM

Map wise I lost Juno Beach and on the other maps, the following exits:

- Gold to Port au Bessin
- Ouistreham to Perriers Ridge
- Sword to Courseulles-Sur-Mer

About Ronson
In overall Ronson use a combination of strong tank support and high quality infantry, backed up by strong naval artillery and air-strikes. In general he is very fast when he has broken through a position and also makes good use of backup and flanking manoeuvres. There is already now, at this early point, no doubt he is a much better attacker than me. I need to come up with a formula that can challenge his skills in the manoeuvre battle.

Informations from the front
    -the 21st Panzer has not yet been allowed to move out of its assembly areas.
    -a unit from the 352nd has returned to the room of Bayeux, after its little unsuccessful 'night tour' to Carentan.
    -the kommandant in Hillman has offered reinforcements to the Kommandant in Courseulles-Sur-Mer, however, the latter firmly believe the situation is under control, so the offer was kindly refused.
    -an Oberleutnant Kurt Egle at Douvre has apparently picked up some retreated grenadiers from the beaches near Sword. He has reported he will continue to fight as a strong-point until the Panzers arrives. Force-strengt Douvre amount some 450 men, most of them Luftwaffe personnel.  
    -12. SS Hitlerjugend and Panzerlehr are still being hold back as strategic reserve.
    -in HQ of the 7th Army it is being discussed if the 346th Infantry Division should be moved through the 711th Division, towards Caen?

---

Bugs and crashes: 0

Player mistakes/misunderstandings/issues: I hosted the first battle, thus Ronson wasn't able to see my fire flashes. This was my mistake and a clear violation of the rules. Not sure what happened here? I think I had played the allies a bit too much in another TRSM GC, thus being used to being the hoster. Just didn't think of it. Stupid start, violating my own rules in the first battle and unfair for Ronson who has naturally hosted the game ever since. I suggested we replayed the battle with him as Hoster, however, Ronson didn't mind the mistake.

If I recall correct, Ronson also experienced the cant fire bug.

TRSM 982 German deployments the 6th of june with supply map and BG data from both sides - plus PLAN BL Kopi.jpg
 Description:
The Situation at Campaign Start. My plan is to hold the BL-Line until reserves arrives in force. SMP 0
 Filesize:  685.87 KB
 Viewed:  28006 Time(s)

TRSM 982 German deployments the 6th of june with supply map and BG data from both sides - plus PLAN BL Kopi.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 15 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:00 pm Post subject: June 6th PM Reply with quote

Strategic moves June 6th PM

In the room of Bayeux I withdraw from both Gold and Talleville. I stay in Port-en-Bessin since Ronson captured the exit to it from Gold beach. Staying here will also halt the upcoming allied BG in turn 3 (7th AM). All moves here are in accordance with the BL-line-plan.

In the room of Benouville I withdraw my BG from Sword, to Perriers Ridge and move forward my BG in Buron to Benouville. This Buron-Benouville-move is not in accordance with the plan, that states the BG in Buron should stay put until it can be relieved by reserves. However, my reason for stepping out of the plan, is the experience from the Ouistram-battle, that went pretty well. I found this map very easy to defend. Thus now I saw the opportunity to create a corridor of maps, going from Caen to Ouistram - all in German hands.

Looking back, it was a stupid move, cause it depended on a success in the next battle at Perriers Ridge, where my plan is to survive the expected 20 minutes onslaught, holding at least 1 flag at battle end.

In the room of Ranville I send in my panzergrenadiers from the 21st Panzer, to try and hold onto Ronson here, as well as get a feeling of his defensive skills.  

In the room of Colombelles I move the two Panzer battalions to Caen and Troarn. according to my original plan the destinations should have been Caen and Cagny, thus not Troarn. However, I decide that one Panzer battalion should try to go for either Ranville or Merville. The idea is to hold out in Lebissey Woods, Benouville and Ouistram for as long as possible, meanwhile the Panzer battalion and the units from the 346th destroys the Airborne infantry Bgs.  

Short on my strategical mistakes

In this first strategic turn, I made several devastating mistakes. Firstly, I decided not to move my BG out of Courseulles-Sur-Mer towards Hillman, and secondly I moved my BG at Sword to Perriers Ridge.

What I should have done, was to move the Courseulles-Sur-Mer-BG to Hillman, while at sword I should have stayed put. Thing was though, I  thought Ronson wanted to clear Sword and Ouistreham before moving on. This was the impression I got from the tactical fights, even though I my self would have moved inland as soon as the opportunity presented it self. A clear and serious misinterpretation on my side. A strategical mistake.

Secondly I moved one of my panzer BGs to Troarn, even though this map the very turn after, is an entry map for a BG from the 346th. Not to mention that the 346th in these first days would have been sufficient to hold back any attack from the airborne units. I should have moved my panzer to Cagny, as was already the plan; having both panzer BGs deployed within or behind the BL-line.

Thus in the first strategic-round, two strategic mistakes on my side and they both contributed to a disaster. Cause these two decisions led to the destruction of both Battle Groups from Sword and Courseulles-Sur-Mer, cause Ronson moved his BGs from Ouistreham to Perriers Ridge and from Sword to Courseulles-Sur-Mer. Conclusively I have to say that the Courseulles-Sur-Mer-BG should always retreat when Hillman can be threatened from either Talleville or Perriers Ridge.

Evening battles 6th of June - 3 battles in total

Courseulles-Sur-Mer; MAP IS LOST! - enemy moved onto this map from Sword, thus splitting up the map completely, pretty much providing me with only a tiny strip of deployment area on the previously German side of the harbour.
The battle that followed was bloody, intense and short. It literally was a massacre. I lost the entire map and the entire garrison.

Battle opens with an infantry-clash along the front

Only a few of my brave teams survive the shelling

My fine PAK 40 is lost

Allied Air Power decimate my brave men

Battle results:

Perriers Ridge; MAP IS LOST! - enemy moved onto this map from Ouistreham, while I simultaneously moved onto it from Sword. We therefore has entry boxes just next to each other. Ronson with tons of tanks, me with nothing except low-class infantry and a single PAK 4.7 -

Scheisse krieg -Tommies enters just next to us!

The plan is to cross the cemetery with the bulk of my force and then move south

A closer look on the plan

However, just as on Courseulles-Sur-Mer this battle soon turns into a massacre on my brave soldiers. So what starts as a run for the exits in the upper part of the map ends with a run for the shelling. Ronson fights his way into my long flank and retake them, while slaughtering my fine men following my too bold plan. At the Church I do though manage, for five few minutes, to make a stand and even take out an AVRE with Molotov cocktails or magnetic mines. I really needed smoke here.

Ronson quickly move his tanks to Church-street.

The AVRE is taken out at the Church - Good work men!

Ronson revenges his lost AVRE with a deadly shelling

My mistakes was as follows:

1. I didn't make use of a mortar to provide my light infantry smoke-cover.
2. I didn't try to make any surprises, thus eventually Ronson didn't loose time from any such actions.
3. Although I did try to deploy a BG consisting of AT-Infantry in combination with Scouts and Grenadiers, I didn't deploy a force strong enough to guard the flank. So Ronson basically rolled up my entire wave.
4. From start on, I had available a tiny position in a hedge from where I would have been able to spot some of his movements from start, however, I thought it was too risky using this position. Big mistake. Cause looking back, I should have put a scout team here and used them to provide information to a mortar team.

Battle results:

Ranville;map is still in Allied hands. Here i wanted to see how Ronson performed in defence, I never really wanted to capture anything at this point, so my attack wasn't that devoted either. I only used 5 out of 15 units in the attack, and as soon Ronson sort of identified that, he counter-attacked and pushed me back to my entry position. Battle ended with an allied victory. He uses those Paratroopers really efficient.

Battle results:

Total losses and situation debrief June 6th PM

SMP June 6th PM.jpg
 Description:
Strategic movement phase June 6th PM - overall situational picture
 Filesize:  336.39 KB
 Viewed:  27843 Time(s)

SMP June 6th PM.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 12 times in total

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Nice AAR. Thanks.  Cool

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:11 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

cool. thanx.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Thanks Dg and Stalk.

Strategic movement phase June 7th AM

From Port-en-Bessin, I withdrew to Bayeux.

From Hillmann, I withdrew to Hermanville.

From Caen I advanced to Lebissey Woods.

From Ranville, I withdrew to Colombelles.

From Troarn I advanced to Cagney, a move according to my original plan, I should have made the 6th PM. Thus moving to Troarn was a massive mistake, messing up my time schedule, already having been destroyed with the annihilation of my 716th BG from Sword on Perriers Ridge.

In any conflict - war gaming included, one mistake is often followed by ten more. This situation is exactly like that.    

---

SMP June 7th AM with comments.jpg
 Description:
Strategic movement phase June 7th AM
 Filesize:  420.01 KB
 Viewed:  27842 Time(s)

SMP June 7th AM with comments.jpg

SMP June 7th AM movement results.jpg
 Description:
Results from the movements June 7th AM
 Filesize:  673.32 KB
 Viewed:  517 Time(s)

SMP June 7th AM movement results.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 8 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Morning battles 7th of June - 4 battles in total

Creully; MAP IS LOST! - in the 20 minutes the battle takes, Ronson terminate my forces. He move his force through the exit to Port en Bessin and the the forest-vl, and only then the Crossroad vl, while simultaneously destroying everything in his path. At no place am I able to stop his advance, not even in the forest. Ronson seems to have both scouts, tanks and commando-teams working together really well. I manage to damage an AVRE and kill a Sherman or Stuart, plus some 30 men of his infantry, but my entire OST 441 BG is terminated, with my two mortar teams fighting to the last at the last flag.  

I had hoped I could at least keep a flag or two on this map, and in the last minute I almost got back the exit to PEB, but eventually I didn't. My mistake was that I spread out my forces too much, thus everywhere, they were both out-flanked and out-gunned. I should have deployed my entire BG around the exit to Bayeux only. Lesson learned.

Thaon; map is still in German hands - a rather easy battle, where I constantly withdrew my infantry teams after they had ambushed some of his infantry. However, from start I had read Ronsons intentions as wrongly as I could. I thought he wanted to go for the exit to Bayeux - either passing through the exit to Cruelly, or smashing through the centre, but no, he goes the other way with full force, like perhaps 13 teams and tanks, going for the exit to Rauray passing through the exit to Hermanville. So from the beginning to the end of this battle, I have to redeploy my troops, constantly, pulling them back to the exit to Rauray as well around the Tank Trap. Still the battle runs fairly well for my troops although I am forced to give up a lot of ground.

My deployment focusing on Ronson going for the centre or north part

Battle results

Ouistreham; map is still in German hands - a most easy battle, where I deployed my force in depth, focusing on the big bunkers. Ronsons BG entered from the Perriers Ridge exit, which is just flat ground, thus eventually the battle became a shooting range for my 7 - 8 teams with LOS on his entry box.  

My mistake was that I should have deployed my entire team around his bow, and not in depth as I did. Only half my team got into the fight. I also should have deployed a unit in the bunker closest to his box and I should have send a recon team to the most north MG bunker too.

Ronson was surprised I didnt try and kick him off, however, I dont think my OST BG is suitable for attacking an allied BG having naval artillery available. Had I only had a few panzers in this BG, or vehicles for that matter, then I would have tried to kick him off.

A 20mm gets a lot of kills in this first battle against Ronsons infantry BG

Battle result

Merville; map is still in German hands - this battle was a mess. First of all, I should never have fought it. Secondly we encountered the 00-freeze-bug, thus eventually we decided to rebuild the hardware losses, where I had lost my first panzer (A Marder) and a 20mm gun.

However, had we rebuild the infantry-losses too, my losses would have been much greater, since I lost 13 teams in the real battle, as you can see on the image below.

I did offer to rebuild my infantry losses too, but Ronson was only interested in the panzer and the gun.

Exclamation But thinking about it I should have sacrificed those 13 teams in the next or the following battles my self, regardless of what Ronson had to say to that. See, it was not good sportsmanship of me simply to accept Ronsons decision of not wanting to rebuild those 13-teams I had lost. The fact that I offered him to rebuild those losses, meant that I didn't take responsibility my self - but moved that responsibility onto his shoulders. That what wrong of me, however, at that point I didn't view it like that.

Total losses and situation debrief June 7th AM

---

Bugs and crashes: 1 at Merville, the 00-Freeze.

Player mistakes/misunderstandings/issues: 0

Creully - battle imagemix.jpg
 Description:
Imagemix from the Creully massacre
 Filesize:  1.98 MB
 Viewed:  545 Time(s)

Creully - battle imagemix.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 11 times in total

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:44 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

That was nice fighting there.  Wink

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

CC_CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:19 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Thanks dgfred

Strategic movement phase June 7th PM

The situation is difficult. Due to the fact I moved my panzer BG to Troarn at first and not Cagney, I am still one move behind Ronson, who is now able to move into Abbaye D'Ardenne and onwards. And I have nothing deployed to stop him.

In Thaon - still at this point being an important map, I have already fought one successful delaying battle last turn, where I however, also lost some very important ground. Ronson is close to the exit to Rauray and also captured the exit to Hermanville. So the question is; can the 352nd hold the Rauray exit in the next battle...or should it withdraw now - to Rauray?

Under these circumstances it is only theoretical to talk about the BL-Line - cause with my idiotic loss of Buron and my 21st panzer BG being one move behind Ronsons BG in Buron, the BL-line already seems lost.
As you can see, Ronson is actually able to reach Carpiquet airport before my 21st Panzer is. However, my Lehr panzer BG is able to reach it before him. But moving my Lehr BG to the airport also mean that it will not be able to reach Tilly Sur Seulles simultaneously as Ronson, should he in the next battle be able to capture the exit to Tilly on Bayeux.

Everywhere the disasters at Perriers Rigde and Buron now cause problems I wouldn't have had, had I not lost these two maps in the way I did

I decide to move as follows

352nd withdraw from Thaon to Rauray

Lehr moves into Carpiquet

726th withdraw from Hermanville to Bretteville

21st Panzer cover both Lebissey Woods and move into Caen

SMP June 7th PM with comments.jpg
 Description:
Strategic movement phase June 7th PM
 Filesize:  678.4 KB
 Viewed:  27847 Time(s)

SMP June 7th PM with comments.jpg

SMP June 7th PM movement results.jpg
 Description:
Results of the movements June the 7th PM - Ronson captures Lebisey!
 Filesize:  596.15 KB
 Viewed:  540 Time(s)

SMP June 7th PM movement results.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 9 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Evening battles 7th of June - 2 battles in total

Bayeux; map is still in German hands

The battle of Bayeux, where I had expected to hold the ground for at least 1½ day, proofed to expose my completely lack of understanding the map, my own force and my opponent.

See, Ronson entered from Creully, and I already knew that he could decide to move north in order to swing around, following the edge of the map until the Lingevres exit and then turn down towards the Tilly exit. However, I also thought that a move like that was too obvious, thus I thought he would surprise me and simply attack the Church head on, crossing the open ground between the Creully exit and the Church. Thus the bulk of my force was set up facing such a straight forward assault.

But Ronson did not make that frontal assault; he flanked Embarassed

To make things even worse, I did not think that Ronson would be able to pull off a flanking move. So I clearly underestimated his skills on this map. My reasoning for not thinking him able to make the move, was my experience from Ouistreham, where I already had been able to hold off his force quite successfully.

Anyhow, the battle started with a blast from lots of support-tanks, and then his infantry seemed to have moved along the edge of the map, passing the exit to Port en Bessin, and from there on up to the upper edge. However, a few fire-fights was duelled in the centre of the map, and I did succeed completing a single successful ambush at Place de la Republic. But as soon as Ronsons tanks appeared I had to withdraw. I had deployed a Pak 3.7 to secure the Place, but as usual I used it on the approaching infantry, thus quite fast Ronson had it spotted, put under rifle fire and then finishing it with some tanks moving in for the kill. This ended my defence at the Place, and I began falling back to the Lingevres-exit with my depleted teams.

My reaction - after he had broken my lines at Place de la Republic, when I firstly at that point slowly began realising my totally mistaken deployment, realising that Ronson was going full-force for the flanking move, was way too slow, way too indecisive and essentially completely without focus. I reacted sort of panicked, and moved up too few units as reinforcements, tmoved them up towards the room of the exit to Lingevres, where I throw them in as drops against a most well-coordinated and concentrated allied force. Thus Ronsons spear simply ran them over while moving down to the Tilly-exit.

The battle was a total fiasco. I lost most the map and at battle end I was forced to use depleted teams to try recapturing some flags. My self-confidence was shattered after this battle; cause here I owned most the map from start, and it was an entry-battle, and I had a complete BG (the one from Bessin) AND still I had misinterpreted Ronsons intentions as wrongful as I possible could Shocked        

My defensive setup in Bayeux proof to be as incorrect focused as it possible can be

In the last part of the battle, Ronson move down towards the exit to Tilly, while the bulk of my forces are still deployed in the room of the Church.

Ouistreham; map is still in German hands

Total losses and situation debrief June 7th PM

First battle of Bayeux on June 7th PM - mixed images put together.jpg
 Description:
Mixed images from the battle put together
 Filesize:  1.77 MB
 Viewed:  551 Time(s)

First battle of Bayeux on June 7th PM - mixed images put together.jpg

Bayeux for AAR -.jpg
 Description:
Overview of the clashes in the battle of Bayeux
 Filesize:  1.75 MB
 Viewed:  519 Time(s)

Bayeux for AAR -.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 10 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Strategic movement phase June 8th AM

SMP June 8th AM.jpg
 Description:
Strategic movement phase June 8th AM
 Filesize:  689.41 KB
 Viewed:  27842 Time(s)

SMP June 8th AM.jpg

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Morning battles 8th of June - 7 battles in total

Ouistreham
00-crash at battle end. It was a good battle for me though. Ronson lost plenty of infantry capturing the Observation bunker, plus an M-10 TD. We agree to rebuild, without the losses, but with the Bunker flag that Ronson captured.

Bayeux; MAP IS LOST!

Benouville

Hermanville

Lebisey Woods

Rauray

Ranville

Total losses and situation debrief June 8th AM

Last edited by CC_CO on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:25 am; edited 5 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Strategic movement phase June 8th PM

Now the entire strip of maps from Lebisey to Ouistreham will be contested.

SMP June 8th PM.jpg
 Description:
Strategic movement phase June 8th PM
 Filesize:  723.71 KB
 Viewed:  27800 Time(s)

SMP June 8th PM.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:36 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Evening battles 8th of June - 10 battles in total

Ouistreham

Bennouville

Lebisey Woods

Hermanville; MAP IS LOST!

Rauray

Crashed, cant remember if we replayed or if the game did save?

Lingevres

Tilly sur Seulles

Abbaye D'Ardenne

Ronson loose one tank after another

Results of the battle where I almost kicked Ronson off

Bois du Bavent

Ranville

We have a crash here, grrrr. We decide to replay with truce from start, cause nothing really happened in the battle anyway. I still control the church and still get blasted by his light tanks.

Total losses and situation debrief June 8th PM

Last edited by CC_CO on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:48 am; edited 4 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:50 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Morning battles 9th of June - 9 battles in total

Ouistreham
Benouville
Lebisey Woods

Abbaye D'Ardenne
Ronson makes another attempt of forcing and blasting his tanks through the proud German lines. At the Authy intersection he almost succeed to make a decisive breakthrough towards the fields leading to Jocks Farm. His AVRE (Assault Vehicle, Royal Engineers) positioned behind the Church, takes out both an German infantry team and an armoured vehicle plus wounding another infantry team too - all in one shoot-only Shocked  One shell.

Clearly something has to be done, otherwise there will be no German units left to cover the Authy sector. My best Mark IV, having been deployed as tactical reserve for the platoon defending the road to Bretteville, is rushed forward to fire-sight of the AVRE behind the church, and BOOM! the AVRE explode. Beautiful! Its crew panic and attempts to escape the exploding wreck, but the proud bullets from the Mark are only evil now. Revenging the dead comrades is all the Mark crew has in mind DRRRRRRRRRR the entire AVRE crew instantly splatted out by evil machingun bullets...

Ronson clearly doesn't like this development of the situation. He send forward a Sherman that manage to immobilise my Mark, however, the gunner in the Mark is better - BOOM! the sherman explode. Surviving crew members scream and scream we surrender, but today there is no such thing as surrendering. The evil sound of two MG34s silence their screaming.

Result of the AVREs one shell exploding between 3 of my teams. My 20mm armoured car on the other side of the building also explode!

Mark IV knocking out the AVRE

The Sherman send to help out the AVRE explode in a burning inferno of flames and screaming

The Mark and the AVRE

Bretteville

Rauray

Tilly
I loose my first Tiger on Tilly, when I order it 15 meters forward. Boom! A Firefly somewhere down at the exit to Cristot, had LOS.

Lingevres
First entry battle with the Lehr. Things go very well. First Sherman VC knocked out in a duel above 360 meters. Also, a Cromwell taking some serious damage, was forced to retreat from another duel with a second Jagdpanzer.

My deployment

a Sherman VC rounds the corner and face a Jagdpanzer 300 meters up the road - the gunners begin the duel

four five hits on each other and the Jagd wins the kill, however a crew member loose his life too - he is buried at the church  

SIEG UND NUR DER SIEG

Ranville

Total losses and situation debrief June 9th AM

SMP June 9th AM.jpg
 Description:
SMP June 9th AM - temporary posted here
 Filesize:  665.33 KB
 Viewed:  494 Time(s)

SMP June 9th AM.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 14 times in total

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

in reguard to the zero free bug i like to truce in the last 10 sec when given the chance to reduce it happening.

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Strategic movement phase June 9th PM

The phase can be seen on the framed images. They are as all others strategic images, click-able to size up.  

Evening battles 9th of June - 10 battles in total

Ouistreham
Another fierce battle on this heavily contested map. My units have almost no ammunition left, however, they are still able to inflict notable losses on Ronsons infantry BG. It seems that with only one flag left and almost no heavy weapons the fight for Ouistreham will end in the next battle.

Benouville
Nothing much happens. Ronson consolidate the gaps into his lines around the village and makes a short push against Chataeu Benouville, but is stopped fairly easy. He does capture the bridge to Pegasus though, which has been the very reason for my BG to be deployed here.

The chateau cannot be seen on this picture, however, both the he Horsa and Pegasus bridge can be seen.

Lebisey Woods
My 26th SS BG is send in on Lebisey in order for the Panzers of the 21st to be used east of the Orne, perhaps on Ranville? However, this SS infantry BG is unable to hold anything on the tiny entry area, and Ronson use mortar and artillery barrage plus an air-strike, thus my losses are too high. I decide to move out this BG again after this battle-result.

The idea is that the SS infantry relief the Panzers from the 21st having now been moved to Caen

A terrible outcome for the 26th / 12th SS. All my lost guns never took a shoot on anything.

Soldier from 12th SS Hitlerjugend after his first encounter with allied artillery in Lebisey

Bretteville
Nothing happen. No screens. Bretteville should perhaps be renamed to Sleepville?

Rauray
No result screen for some reason? Nothing much happens. No real losses. Ronson use the battle to slowly fill out the gaps behind his main line. I on the other hand miss several opportunities to infiltrate and thus counter his patching the map.

Abbaye D'Ardenne
I make several successful ambushes on Ronsons infantry. Lots of sneaking around. I am trying to conceal the Authy intersection, and is partly successful in doing so, however, I am unable to recapture it. Otherwise a good battle. Ronsons sledgehammer BG has taken some serious tank losses by now.

Lingevres
Safety first. Thats the motto of the Lehr on this map. Slow but as secure movement as possible. I grab a little land in the centre and in the north. My Flametrack has a lot of problems firing the flames. Thus for the most part of the battle, it constantly fire its Mg. Ronson makes no offensive moves.

Tilly
Nothing much happens. Ronson throw in a devastating barrage, knocking out a PAK. Fortunately he doesn't follow up with a dedicated assault.

Bois du Bavent
A meeting engagement between my BG from the 346th and Ronsons Paras from Merville. A very intense battle, where I manage to take all the flags except 3, hereunder the exit-flag  to Merville. My 3 mortar teams hold down Ronsons Paras for quite some time. Time I sadly didn't exploit effectively enough. However, the mortars contributed greatly in increasing his losses.

Although I in overall performed better than Ronson in this battle, I did make several grave mistakes. These were as follows:

1. I did not make a push for the exit to Merville
2. I did not make a push for Chateau Bavent
3. I was too slow forming a defensive position between the cross-roads flag and the exit to Troarn

My deployment

With heavy losses Ronson capture the earth-bunker controlling several squares of Bocage

The result

Ranville
I decide to try and make another push with the 192nd PanzerGrenadiers and this time I manage to get somewhere. I capture both the town flag and all the ground down to the church, however, not the church it self. Ronsons losses is in this battle, is for the first time, higher than my own Smile

my deployment and the map situation after my BG from the 346th left it last turn

for once Ronsons Paratroopers take a good beating on Ranville

Total losses and situation debrief June 9th PM

SMP June 9th PM.jpg
 Description:
SMP 9th PM
 Filesize:  760.24 KB
 Viewed:  584 Time(s)

SMP June 9th PM.jpg

Last edited by CC_CO on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 7 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Morning battles 10th of June - 10 in total

Ouistreham
Map is lost! - the last battle was a shelling from tanks and infantry from start to end. I do however, manage to knock out one more 57 antitank gun.
A satisfactory result Smile

Bennouville
Ronson completely surprise me, as he moves with a huge force for my flank at the Buron exit and then move down. I loose most the map in this battle. My HT Pak is not able to turn so everything goes wrong here)

Lebisey Woods
Small duels where I loose some HTs and gain a little ground.

Rauray
I loose important ground in front of the village. I act once again way too passively and just idiotic give him ground he doesn't have to fight for. I doesn't even use my rockets, since I deployed them too far back. Ronson moves very slow forward, using safety first, thus I had plenty of opportunities to knock out at least one tank. Stupid deployment I made here - again. I also loose my Pak in the most stupid way. I simply fire on his infantry because I think it has already spotted it. After one shot Ronson call in artillery and wreck the gun. A few minutes after, a tank moves in and take it out.

However, I did manage to kill a reasonable amount of his infantry as it advanced. His BG here is beginning to run of of infantry squads, he he Wink

Bretteville
My first and last attempt to try and kick him off Bretteville is a disaster!  
As soon as my brave men move forward, I loose 3 Panzers and more than 20 infantry! - all within a couple of minutes. A most terrible defensive fire. Ronsons entry box is so small, but still a fortress? I could really use some heavy artillery here, perhaps some self-propelled 105s, so his infantry and tanks behind the buildings could take some losses.

I am also pretty sure I faced a LOS bug. As you can see, Ronson lost almost nothing.

These heavy losses MUST be revenged!

Abbaye D'Ardenne
A fierce battle, where we apparently both have deployed our main force in front of each other, only separated by two hedges. I think we both got surprised here. I win the battle and almost deplete his entire formation. His BG is now severely depleted in both tanks and infantry squads. One more of these battles and his BG will be ready for reinforcements.

Noch Einmal a very good Result on this beautiful map

Deutsche Panzer ist stolze Panzer and the men are receiving fine medals

Lingevres
Sneaky battle that start out with a Cromwell getting knocked out. The incident draw in a Sherman VC that also get knocked out. Then a Centur is moved in and it sadly kill my brave four-man rocket team. However, just after another rocket knock out the Centur too Smile
Then, yet another Sherman VC is drawn into the fight, and a 4-6 round duel between my Jagdpanzer and the Sherman takes place, with the Sherman deciding to withdraw. I gain a little bit of ground in the centre, but loose a Späh team in doing so. Ronson manage to grab some of the field in the south.

3 Allied tanks lost and 20 men versus 0 Panzer lost and 10 men. Schöne kampf

Tilly sur Seulles
Not much happens. I try to capture the exit to Lingevres, however, Ronson is ready with a strong force and recapture it just after I get it. My brave are forced to withdraw under heavy fire.

Bois du Bavent
I attempt to counter-attack against the exit to Merville. I use artillery barrage, mortars and a Marder as support, and the attack bring result, as I capture the upper part of the hedge just above the exit flag. However, then Ronson call in a terrible Jabo, killing more than 20 of my infantry and damaging my marder, although the latter is able to withdraw. Then we get the 00-freeze! Grrrr - We rebuild.

from the following chat losses for the rebuild are listed

Ranville
I try to capture the last part of the row of buildings facing the air lander field and also initiate a push for the exit to Bois du Bavent. Ronsons defensive fire is furious and he call in another air strike, that could have killed at least 3 of my units, but fortunately doesn't Very Happy  

Total losses and situation debrief June 10th AM

Evening battles 10th of June - 9 in total

Bennouville
Map is lost! - in a last stand battle I loose this important map. My Faust teams are sadly not able to knock out his tanks. The fighting is a mix of heavy support fire, naval barrage and close infantry combat.

Note: I need to learn to understand this map. Our fightings here has clearly showed that I don't understand it.

Lebisey Woods
Only small vehicle duels and I manage to capture the flag in the field Smile  Lots of shooting though, on buildings and hedges.

Rauray
Map is lost! - in a last stand battle where I once again manage to take out several of his infantry squads.

Ronsons BG has lost almost no tanks, but almost all its infantry squads  Cool

The 352nd BG has lost Rauray, however, it has managed to inflict heavy infantry losses against this allied BG

Bretteville
A sneaky battle where I get too bold with my 20mm HT and loose it. Stupid.

Abbaye D'Ardenne
I deplete a new BG that Ronson has moved in Smile  sadly we have another 00-freeze, thus we had to rebuild. But it was a good battle. His Infantry BG was literally shot to pieces Very Happy  I made a huge mistake though. I deployed my second and last Pak 40 in this BG. I lost it ridiculously to an artillery barrage. I begin to get a feeling, that playing the German side in this campaign, both the Pak40 and 88, is more important to have in your stock than on the field.   

No screens of the result from the rebuild. However, I forgot to move in a 20mm Armoured car, so he gains a little ground trying to find it and I need to sacrifice it in the next battle. I was so tired at this point, so that's part of the reason I forgot to deploy it in the agreed kill-zone. When that is said, I think we need a Rebuild-Guide.

My losses was:
    1 Pak40
    1 20mm armoured car
    1 Command ht
    1 Scout team
    1 Feuer team

Ronsons losses:
    2 Tank destroyers
    3 Armoured cars of which one was a command vehicle
    1 Gun (think he lost a gun too?)
    Minimum 4 infantry squads, of which one was an assault squad
    2 Piat teams
    1 Lmg team

The most remarkable about Abbaye D'Ardenne is that it is defended by my weakest Panzer BG, but it is here Ronson keep taking the greatest losses.
After 5 fierce battles, where Ronson has send in two BGs, he has lost some 13 tanks and TDs, 3 guns, 3 vehicles and more than 220 men. My losses has reached 6 Panzers, 5 vehicles, 2 Pak (the only two I had) and close to 130 men.

Lingevres
Gaining good ground and knocking out a Cromwell too. Few minutes after it blew up I find the crew in a hedge, hiding. It was flamed up. My Jagdpanzer gets immobilised in a hedge, however, I surround it with infantry and support vehicles, so it wont be lost Smile Ronson manage to capture the rest of the field in the south and the bunker hedge too.

Tilly sur Seulles
A new entry battle with my SS Panzer BG turns into a disaster - Ronson almost kick me off the map, and I only get a exit in the last 10 seconds of the battle. In my defence I loose 3 Panzers and 1 infantry gun, while I take out 4; a Sherman, A Centur and a Sherman VC i think?
But in my non-focused counter-attack, the last 4 minutes before battle-end, I loose one more Panzer. My infantry losses are above 30!

At battle start my main force is focused on the juvigny exit

However, Ronson is focused on the exit I entered from - Cristot

The result show how close I was to be caught here

Bois du Bavent
I loose the middle flag, so now the situation is a Stalemate. I should not have deployed only those two teams in the centre. I need to learn to understand these maps, cause I completely misunderstand his intentions. As I did constantly on Benouville too.  

Ranville
Not much happens here, I loose a Marder because I am once again too bold with it down at the Church.

Total losses and situation debrief June 10th PM

In many ways June the 10th became a mix of static defence with my cut off BGs and then also my first real attempts to counter-attack on a few maps. Basically I tried to kick Ronson off on two maps, however, I wasn't able to. Both of us took some heavy amour losses. In two battles-only, namely on Bretteville and Tilly I lost 6 panzers in two attacks Shocked  Losses I cannot afford in the long run.

However, on Lingveres, where my Jagpanzers from the Lehr are located, I have though managed to gain a reasonable amount of ground, while knocking out some 4 tanks, of which 2 was Sherman VCs and 1 a Centur, without loosing a single Panzer my self :-)

On Abbay D'Ardenne I have knocked out between 5 and 10 tanks and vehicles, and close to 100 men too! Very satisfying. He decided to withdraw his first BG here and send in a new, that took really heavy losses.

Last edited by CC_CO on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:21 pm; edited 7 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Strategic movement phase June 11th AM

Weather is sunny with clear sky, so Ronson can see the whole map now.

Last edited by CC_CO on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 5 times in total

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:34 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

you need to kill 3 tanks for each tank u lose...

sending the 2 tanks after that sherman will happen many times u just cannot say no i know i cannot :)

Tiger

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:31 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Ronson - CC_CO Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Morning battles 11th of June - 7 in total

Lebisey Woods
Ronson recapture the flag in the field. Scattered fire-fights, no real losses. The situation here is locked.

Bretteville
I capture the upper part of the field that Ronson has taken in previous battles. However, my recon team gets ambushed in doing so and when I send in a ht to support my ambushed scouts, Ronsons antitank gun has it nailed. Boom! - my ht is destroyed. Stupid to send it out where Ronson had a whole field available to deploy AT guns.

I made several mistakes in this battle. First, I used up most my mortar ammunition before the ambush took placed in the last 3 minutes of the round. Second, I had no real backup for the recon team in the field. Third. I send in a ht without knowing if Ronson has antitank guns in the field; he had.

Abbaye D'Ardenne
A disaster takes place here. Ronson has send in a new BG on this map; the third since the 8th. This is an armoured BG; the 151st Brigade of the 51st Division, with some 6 Sherman IIs, 3 Firefly's, 3 Stuarts, 3 Command Sherman's and 2 Centaur AAs; 17 tanks in total.

In the battle he seems to deploy 6 or 7 tanks and at least 1 anti tank gun. I face that force with 6 of my last 7 Mark IVs, of which 2 are Mark C, thus not equipped with a 75mm Pak. I also deploy 1 of my 3 75mm Pak Ht too, thus in total 6 x 75mm Paks on wheels and tracks.

I set up my formation for an antitank ambush, a deployment that in overall work out as it was supposed too. Cause within the first five minutes I have destroyed 2 Sherman's and lost no Panzers. However, one Panzer has lost its main gun, while another has been immobilised. Then, in the following 10 minutes Ronson loose additional 2 Sherman's, of which one is a Firefly, but still I haventl lost a single Panzers, although one additional Panzer loose its main gun as well.

At this point, the battle has some few five minutes left, Ronson has lost 4 Tanks, I have lost 0 Panzers, and although 3 of them have problems in regard to damaged main guns or damaged tracks, Ronson doesn't know this. I have also managed to withdraw 2 of my 3 damaged Panzers, into a safe area.    

Then Ronson decide to focus the remain of his infantry on Jocks Farm, where most his send in infantry gets ambushed. Then he send in a single Sherman straight out in the field some 100 meters North of Jocks Farm. It just stand there, I at this point I have no guns covering this sector. However, instead of just leaving it alone I send in two panzers to attack it. One from north and one from Jocks Farm it self. Both my Panzers get knocked out.

So stupid of me! I should just have let it alone. I would probably have been able to knock it out in the following battle anyhow. To make things even worse, in the last minute that is, I move forward my 75mm halftrack that previously knocked out his Firefly. It has been deployed in ambush near the Caen exit, but now I get the naively idea that I should try and drive it up to the Authy flag, that Ronson captured along with the exit to Hermanville. Again overwhelming stupidity of me in this last part of an otherwise quite successfully battle. Cause Ronson has an AT gun deployed somewhere in the field south of the Buron exit. So BOOM! I loose the ht too.

This way of loosing my Panzers, is in fact the pattern of how I have lost my Panzers on Abbaye D'Ardenne. Cause in most battles where my Panzers have been deployed for defence-only, I have lost none of them. But when I have moved them forward, I have lost all of them.

In any future TRSM version, should I ever play this great campaign as German again, I will not loose my Panzers so stupidly. I lost them because I wanted to take out that last tank, or last infantry squad, basically I have been greedy. I should have been humble, cause then I wouldn't have lost 8 Panzers here, but only 5.  

2 Marks IVs and 1 HT 75mm Pak lost - for no reason

However, these results also brings Ronsons losses upwards to minimum;
    17 Tanks destroyed (several more has been damaged. Not sure how many of those that has been lost)
    260 men lost
    3 Guns

Lingevres
Almost no fighting, except at the very end, where I manage to ambush one of his infantry squads. It seems we are both hiding our forces, cause except at the very end I never spot any of his units. At some point I think one of my infantry squads received fire from a hidden tank. Spooky Shocked
Lingevres is no doubt the big sneaky-sneaky map;  you just never know what's hiding in front of you. So although not much happened here it really was quite an intense round Cool

Tilly Sur Seulles
I once again enter the map with the 901 Lehr. This is perhaps the third or fourth time my Lehr enters Tilly sur Seulles. He assault me where I expected, however, I never used interlocking teams in the defence of the hedges south of the exit to Juvigny, so one of my infantry squads gets annihilated in less than 20 seconds, by at least one of his squads. I am therefore forced to move down a ht Inf gun, which I loose to a Sherman, that fortunately gets knocked out by my Pak40. Ronson throw in an artillery barrage on the Pak, however, it survives  Very Happy Smile One of my beautiful Jagdpanzers also gets attacked by a Jabo, but it too survives Smile These failed attacks is clearly as sign of good fortune on this map

WROOOM!

The Sherman that knock out my HT Inf gun get knocked out it self

Bois du Bavent
As expected Ronson attempt to cross the road in the center of the map. He makes it with a depleted recon team, and he also attempt to outflank me at the map-edge, so he can capture the exit to Ranville. However, my brave MG defence shoot kill most his men. I do though loose one entire infantry squad in the firefights.
At battle end I once again make a stupid decision. Once again I send in a team that should not be send in; my Kompanieführer - that Ronson wipe out with a squad I was pretty sure, not completely sure, but pretty sure was located at that very spot. When will  learn not to send in Panzers and command teams - in situations where I do not have any real overview! Laughable decision I made here.

Beside from that my MGs perform very well in defensive fire.

MG fire achieve good results

Ranville
Nothing much happens. Initially I send down a halftrack to the Bois du Bavent exit, and capture it. However, I am not able to move any backup down there, partly because I didnt deploy two hts and partly because my infantry is stopped by an infantry gun inside the church. My experienced Marder gets immobilised in a hedge, thus heavy support to the exit is also out of the question. Ronson smoke the exit area and send in a command squad, that recapture it.

At battle end I loose a precious MG42 that Ronson apparently has been able to see the whole battle. I think my mortars damage one of his light tanks.

Getting the exit was easy enough - holding it was not easy

Total losses and situation debrief June 11th AM

Last edited by CC_CO on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:09 am; edited 9 times in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: