Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1238
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:45 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Scorched Earth Mod version complete.

Scorched Earth Mod

Close Combat's most infamous SOB

Last edited by US_Brake on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

US_Brake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Post update- Download for Scorched Earth Mod available now. Big THANKS! to DAK_Legion for making the plugins and assisting in making this project a reality.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:55 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

! \COI_Scorched Earth_Map Pack(1).zip: Unexpected end of archive

when trying to dl map pack

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

US_Brake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:19 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

I uploaded it a second time and it works now. All 69 maps in one zip.

Last edited by US_Brake on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:13 am; edited 4 times in total

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:51 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Thanks Brake.  downloads worked fine for me

Last edited by dj on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

US_Brake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:58 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

hey DJ! yes that's it.

The Map Pack is a separate download.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:20 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

installed with modswap tried both versions cc3 and coi

I hear stalingrad music. click historical campaigns - click scorched earth by us brake

"The close combat CD is required to play this game....."

exits

may be a map problem, do i extract all maps with winrar to C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\Maps or let modswap do it?

US_Brake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

The map pack in this post has 69 custom maps placed in one zip

If you have the CSO version of the SE Map Pack, it has each individual map in zip form so each map will need to be unzipped.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:46 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Got it working.. I had to painstakingly extract each map into the maps folder one by one due to access denied errors and permission problems, multi-extract would not work.

On a lighter note seems to be working ok.

I am on my 5th mission and have captured a german 50cm gun (pak 38 probably) and a german FT pzII so far in entire campaign

I finally recieved a T-34 took out 1 stug 1 markiii 1 mark iv - forced abandonment of a pzii  and pak38 not including ~11 enemy soldiers with one tank and on mission.

Last edited by vobbnobb on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:52 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Good to hear! Tonight I re-uploaded the map pack (69 maps in one zip) and linked to the first post.

Nice captures! I enjoy getting the first Russian uber tank. I had some fun with a KV2 in testing on Op 01.

KV 2 1941.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.13 KB
 Viewed:  461 Time(s)

KV 2 1941.jpg

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:15 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Thank you very much for all of your efforts, US_Brake.  I played through Op1 (before you re-uploaded the entire map pack) and had a decisive victory as the Germans.  I did not have one glitch, whatsoever..... awesome work, man!

Darn, I should have saved a screen shot of the final.  Next time!

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:27 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

So this works for CC3 too then?

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:58 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Hey Kanov
No SE plugins for CC3 Config-mgr have been made yet but yes SE will work with regular CC3 once we do.

Thanks for the kind words and interest in this project.

What is Best In Life?

Conan The Barbarian

My current GC as R. Day 11 of 15 issue in doubt for German AI. Smile

SE screenshot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.96 KB
 Viewed:  455 Time(s)

SE screenshot.jpg

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

US_Brake, I made a quick export/import of your Scorched Earth main screen into the COI CCImages file.  I've sent it to you via private PM.

Scorched_COI.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  461.82 KB
 Viewed:  439 Time(s)

Scorched_COI.jpg

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

US_Brake Thank you for all your work

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:43 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

I really really wish someone would mod the game so that we would be able to see enemy score/health statistics as well at end of battle, like you can in all the other cc games. I hated that about cc3/coi.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:48 pm Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

I am 1/2 through campaign. I have kept most of my men and crews since the beginning. It is starting to get harder now for my team. The maps work good I re downloaded them and they are unpacked and permissions are fine now. I really recommend this to anyone with the cross of iron or cc3 game.

I did not know until I played this mod that you could upgrade your tanks and AT guns while keeping the same old elite crews. If your tank gets hit and crew survives you can get them a new one from force pool without loosing the earned crew skill or rank levels.

The only problem not related to the mod and probably the engine is the 120mm mortar does odd things and rarely fires, 1 or 2 crew members are always exhausted without issuing any move to commands. The tanks do the same thing turn counter clockwise away from aiming at enemy after pressing begin.

Another problem is AT guns in buildings spin around and around and around and around.

US_Brake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:22 am Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments vobbnobb. It is cool to hear you are enjoying the mod. I agree with you 100% on the mortar and AT guns. AT guns work in the game but are flawed. It is a Cross of Iron engine problem that needs a patch. I have posted about it at Matrix COI forum recently. Cross of Iron and all mods have this issue. The original CC3 AT guns work perfect so I know it can be fixed.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Brake, coincidentally, I started back on COI about the same time that you finished your Scorched Earth GC and am currently loving it! I was wondering however, as the Germans, when I was ever going to see an 88, although I was able to have some effect on the monster Russian tanks with the 50mm. Anyway, I wasn't sure what you meant by the problem with the ATs until I had an 88 that couldn't seem to get into the proper arc for a shot. I was able to take care of the problem by putting it into ambush mode and then firing. Not sure if that works all of the time.

I was a little surprised that I didn't see any of the PZIIIs with the short 50 that Hitler hated to find out were installed on them at the beginning of the campaign instead of the long 50.

Just my own thoughts, but I was wondering why the system was included where you had to "earn" your way into the more slots instead of just allowing all of them to be available? I prefer having more units available at the start.

Anymore, I tend to take my time with the mods generally giving into the request on the truce offer.

Again, great work on a great mod!

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:06 pm Post subject: Re: Scorched Earth Reply with quote

Schmal, You are referring to the short barrled Panzer III Ausf. N? They are in there.
I took a look at a quick mission and saw them under elite armor.

sbarrel.png
 Description:
models barrel in game is visually wrong but tank data/shell/barrel power etc are all right.
 Filesize:  62.52 KB
 Viewed:  384 Time(s)

sbarrel.png

ausfn.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  459.66 KB
 Viewed:  403 Time(s)

ausfn.png

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: