Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:50 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Speaking of pigs in fur coats ...

It took me about 2 seconds to figure out if I was going to get PitF or not. Maybe when it gets down under 20 bucks.

For moi, I just do the ultimate poor man's mod, and I want everyone to know it was finished prior to the release of PitF.

I just use the same old maps that have been floating around for a decade and just pretend they are maps of the Mortain area.  Idea

Load the mission up with Panthers and ... oh ya ... pretend there is fog too.  Laughing

Why pretend? Just turn down the contrast of your monitor...and you're set!  Laughing

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

About the fog, would it not better to just dropp that effect and instead have a "its fog weather icon" someware at the ingame screen. Perhapps in upper right or left corner... ?
Or perhapps starting the battle and deploy at a foggy map, and then the fog fades away during the first 15 secunds, (with a fog icon in on the screen just to remind)?

/S

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:18 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Speaking of pigs in fur coats ...

It took me about 2 seconds to figure out if I was going to get PitF or not. Maybe when it gets down under 20 bucks.

For moi, I just do the ultimate poor man's mod, and I want everyone to know it was finished prior to the release of PitF.

I just use the same old maps that have been floating around for a decade and just pretend they are maps of the Mortain area.  Idea

Load the mission up with Panthers and ... oh ya ... pretend there is fog too.  Laughing

Why pretend? Just turn down the contrast of your monitor...and you're set!  Laughing

Thanks, I didn't think of that.

Also, glad you are back.  Exclamation

@ Stalky.

Yes, anything you mentioned would be better.

Well, until the next Christmas sale, I guess I will have to make do with the itty bitty maps and tanks.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

But since the topic here is STALINGRAD.  Confused

I wonder if Manoi, has ever considered porting this mod to CCMT. I would love that. The Stalingrad maps are first class.

And there is already German and Russin voices in CCMT.  Exclamation  Laughing

[slaps face] OK, I was dozing off there thinking about Stalingrad in CCMT.  Question

I guess, I will have to stick with West Front, too bad.  Crying or Very sad

Manoi

Rep: 89.5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

I have never tried CCMT... I think that few people still play Close Combat but for CCMT you must be the last one? no? Wink

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Correct  Exclamation

I AM STWA, last of the CCMT users.  Exclamation [theme music from last in the Mohicans]

But I can tell you for sure, CCMT is way superior to the other versions that came out in the re-releases.

Why be stuck with just a few maps, when you can have hundreds of them using the same system?  Laughing

Why be stuck with silly point systems or off the wall forcepools that no one can understand?  Laughing

Why be stuck with a mission editor that can't change the coordinates of a Victory location?  Shocked

Until your game has a replay feature, you will still be guesing about what the AI actually does. A decade of guessing, hmmm.  Laughing

With CCMT, you can have woodland, desert, and winter camo schemes for ye vehicles, without having to exit and launch a different CC game title.  Laughing

And best of all, you won't have to be explaining away the riduculous abstractions created in the campaign game.  Laughing

Just my humble opinion ... oui?

Oh, and the reason the tanks are at point blank range is because of the fog.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Manoi,

How is PiTF going to make things any better than this.  Question

And I am guessing the trees aren't right.  Question

So is there a workbook for Stalingrad mod.  Idea

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

STWA, good comments on how hard converting a mod to PiTF would be.
- in LSA (and thus also PiTF) all the old unused graphics from CC5 though TLD were dropped, sounds like a good idea idea until you have to find and delete the 400+ files
- in LSA (and thus also PiTF) the armour/gun calculation was changed to make it more consistent, good idea for new mods but all the old data has to be reviewed/updated without know exactly how the calculations were changed
- in LSA/PiTF all the buttons, icons, squad images, etc. all changed colors/sizes/etc.
- in LSA/PiTF the data files changed (the biggest being the fpools new format/method)
- in PiTF all the maps have to be redone
- then what new features do you want to take advantage (in LSA static BG’s, blowing bridges, river crossing points, etc.; in PiTF fog, ?, ?)

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

STWA, on a roll in this thread.

Never understood why Atomic, Matrix, Slitherine, etc. when creating a new game add a few and then take away few things. If each release built on the past we would now have the best CC ever but we are always forced to make comprises. CCMT has features that can't be beat by the other CC games for sure; the editor, more than H2H multiplayer, recording a game, unlimited maps can be added for single battles, etc.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:42 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Hi Tejszd,

Sorry for the ROLL. I don't know what got into me.  Shocked

I am sure PiTF is a great game, I just can't see my way off CCMT though. If I am going to continue to play the game, I guess this is what I will stay with.

I had high expectations for PiTF, and I think they were matched, but I still won't get the game. I dunno  Question

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Thanks for reminding! CCMT was built to support multiplayer up to what, 6 players? But then I have heard in reality its multiplayer is broken. So why don't we see anything done in terms of more-than-two-player multiplayer in the rereleases? It would be really cool if they actually made a CC which had a multiplayer option like that. Then it would be a new game and be actually worth the 50 bucks they ask now for the damn broken re-releases.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Thanks,
I've started and it shouldn't be too bad.
The biggest issue I see is the Main Screen.

I was wondering if you had that file in a .psd layered format or if you had any other ideas?
The current button configuration just won't work with the original Main Screen.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:44 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

I will see but it would be surprising if I find anything back! 5 years ago, it is a long time... Wink

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:33 am Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Correct  Exclamation

I AM STWA, last of the CCMT users.  Exclamation [theme music from last in the Mohicans]

Now we know... STWA is actually Will Smith   heh heh heh!

i-am-legend-STWA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  360.11 KB
 Viewed:  309 Time(s)

i-am-legend-STWA.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 am Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

By his choice of CC I'd say he's definitely Blind!  Laughing

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:33 am Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Quote:
- in LSA (and thus also PiTF) the armour/gun calculation was changed to make it more consistent, good idea for new mods but all the old data has to be reviewed/updated without know exactly how the calculations were changed

Use the same data and i reckon no one will be able to tell the difference... if anything is picked up adjust it later
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:13 am Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Thanks,
I've started and it shouldn't be too bad.
The biggest issue I see is the Main Screen.

I was wondering if you had that file in a .psd layered format or if you had any other ideas?
The current button configuration just won't work with the original Main Screen.

If you open CCimages and grab all the files that have the background image you should be able to create the main screen and cover the old button locations....

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Yea I did that early on and had imposed one image over top the other and found out that the button configuration looked to be different.

I was hoping to use the original UI graphics  and will do so for everything that fits WAR (Strategic Map needs minor adjustments) but it looks like the Main Screen will have to be something new.
I'm kinda leaning towards using The Barmaley fountain,so long as it doesn't interfere with whats being produced for PiFT?
Is anyone interested in lending a hand on that one .tga?  Very Happy

Stalingrad mainscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.06 KB
 Viewed:  261 Time(s)

Stalingrad mainscreen.jpg

mainscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.64 KB
 Viewed:  279 Time(s)

mainscreen.jpg

The Barmaley fountain.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.18 KB
 Viewed:  286 Time(s)

The Barmaley  fountain.jpg

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Use the same data and i reckon no one will be able to tell the difference... if anything is picked up adjust it later

To start with, this is the best course, but you have to revise certain chunks of data substantially for LSA and beyond. When I portaged GJS from tLD to LSA it just didn't work right.  Things functioned somewhat for infantry vs infantry, but was a disaster in armor vs armor.  Had to revise all data using LSA metrics/worksheet as a base.  Don't know if others found the same to be true.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 am Post subject: Re: stalingrad for tLD/LSA Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:

To start with, this is the best course, but you have to revise certain chunks of data substantially for LSA and beyond. When I portaged GJS from tLD to LSA it just didn't work right.  Things functioned somewhat for infantry vs infantry, but was a disaster in armor vs armor.  Had to revise all data using LSA metrics/worksheet as a base.  Don't know if others found the same to be true.

IMO it was a stupid decision from the devs of LSA to change the data calculations...why fix something that wasn't broken in the first place?
IIRC correctly...the decision was made so that battle results will be more 'realistic' (more wounded than KIA in the stats, the old system had unrealistic KIA stats according to the devs)...who cares??
What about PitF? From the battle stats...also more wounded than KIA...are the new data calculations from LSA used in the latest CC (with amazing 32 bit explosion effects)?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: