Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:05 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

how are you finding the balance H2H mooxe?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Its pretty early but theres a few things I have learned..

I do find Pz4s very vulnerable to all armoured cars with guns (not mgs), and all ATG and inf guns. Rarely leave a fight with an unscathed Pz4. They get immo'd, main gun lost, damage or crew lost. Which is just fine with me, just very different from other experiences.

I seen your other thread about increasing the size of Dinant. The first thing I thought of was GC balance. Mainly because bigger maps take more days to to capture which in turn slow down the forward momemtum of a GC for the attacker. It would equal more casualties earlier on.. assuming many of the maps are being increased.

However... with TLD and maybe LSA and who knows what other version... you have the "fixed" disband rules. So BGs can be cut down to size much quicker if you cut off and disband.

There hasn't much talk of any of the re-release GC balancing with the fixed rules.

Too be honest... I wish we had more stock short ops and GCs. Not specifically about Meuse because theres a bunch that look great... this is just in general. How many GCs have people finished H2H or vs AI? Very very few, they take way to long, particularly online. Each mod and version do have them... but it seems like one side was meant to win. Just for example the Meuse H2H GC is eight days, with 3 turns per day except the 1st. You have 20 strategic moves, and lets say you have eight BGs in action. Ballpark worst case scenario, 160 battles at 30minutes a piece, not including setup and all that. Thats a hell of a lot!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

southern_land

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
However... with TLD and maybe LSA and who knows what other version... you have the "fixed" disband rules. So BGs can be cut down to size much quicker if you cut off and disband.

I think once Tejzed gets the 64 map version of Meuse running the scope to create pockets will be infinitely greater than any other mod/game at the moment

I've played a great portion of the current 44 map meuse GC (to the french collapse and beyond) about 3 times plus another three shorter trials aghainst the AI during testing and not one evolved the same.  With 64 maps and probably the same or similar BG quantities I imagine it could be vastly different in H2H

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
H2H GC tonite. Had an airstrike crash CC5 style. German airstrike launched against three french teams. Two inf and one AT gun. They all died on my screen, but opponent crashed out before he could see it. Both patched up.

The feedback I got about H2H and air strike crashes is that can happen if the data files aren't identical, any chance that was the case????

Edit: you did ask if the French voices were missing??? Wonder if the installer is not properly unpacking and placing all the files everytime??? As there is one other person that posted here at CCS about getting an error which usually indicates missing or wrong files battles or maps....

Here is the number of files, folders and size of the Meuse mod directory right after installation;

Meuse Fresh Install.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.5 KB
 Viewed:  420 Time(s)

Meuse Fresh Install.jpg

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Was the airstrike near the edge of the map.

there was a reported and supposedly fixed issue with airstrikes landing off map and causing a crash.

If it was near centre of map then it is another issue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

The airstrike was on the edge of map.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Bazinga!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Bazinga!

I think at this point you should just change your name and start all over on the forums.

Cause nothing "Pisses me Off" worse then watching you make an about face on the bugs that are in the re-releases.
When you so adamantly stood behind them in the beginning.

You were on that Team,you were the Face of that Team.
And now all of a sudden your changing your tune.
What the hell happened that now all of a sudden your posting like we have for so long?

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Bazinga!

I think at this point you should just change your name and start all over on the forums.

Cause nothing "Pisses me Off" worse then watching you make an about face on the bugs that are in the re-releases.
When you so adamantly stood behind them in the beginning.

You were on that Team,you were the Face of that Team.
And now all of a sudden your changing your tune.
What the hell happened that now all of a sudden your posting like we have for so long?

No, i was removed from that team with no explanation.

I hada  schedule in place for updates and bug fixes for waR and Modern Tactics.

less than half of WaR's fixes were implemented, with a lot of community input including stalky,and none of CCMT's, despite my protestations.

i had nothing to do with tLD, my position was taken over by PROJECT LEAD
Jim Martin (RD_Odball)

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:06 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Had another airstrike crash. It was near the edge of the map, not as close as my last crash post though. I'll just avoid edge of map airstrikes now.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:52 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Thanks for the posting the feedback Mooxe, was this last air strike crash near the map edge H2H again?

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Near yes.

rom7

Rep: 46.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

First of all, cheers for this fabulous mod  Smile But, check this out; Knight Cross for 4 kills?

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Four kills and captured VLs.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:34 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

It would be interesting to hear from Steve (Matrix CC developer) if medal awards are based only on the last battle or are cumulative....

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:17 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

I've wondered about that too as I don't understand how my Calliope got a MOH for kills far lower than some German Tanks.
FYI-The Calliope I have has seen many,many Battles.

Very good news to see a re-released Mod hosted here.
Thanks Mooxe/Tejszd.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:12 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Here is a little preview of TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 v4.0.

The biggest change will be a new 64 map strat layer with 20 more Southernland maps  Very Happy

Meuse New Strat 2013 12 29.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  450.75 KB
 Viewed:  435 Time(s)

Meuse New Strat 2013 12 29.jpg

southern_land

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:56 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Looks good Darren, hows progress?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:10 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

The biggest change will be a new 64 map strat layer with 20 more Southernland maps  Very Happy

Looks great, is the black line the starting line?

No Sedan map? - just suburbs.

Will the German goals be located in the west to simulate Guderian's right turn after crossing the river?

How many nights of my life next year will this cost me?

Where is my TLD disc?  Cool

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:29 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Shocked  great!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: