Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1228
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:02 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Have to ask what version of TLD you are running on vobbnobb as I have not seen that since v5.50.14b was released on Mar. 14/2012 with the following fixes;

Fixed several issues that could cause a crash at the end of a battle, possibly resulting in the loss of the saved game file.

Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong battle group to be penalized with a 1-2 team loss if the last battle in a turn ended by force morale failure.

Fixed a bug with weapon value calculations, resulting in slightly different team values.

Several minor changes to battle group default team selection to adjust the AI’s default choices to be the same or similar given the new team values.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3060832

Last edited by Tejszd on Wed May 13, 2015 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:22 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

TLD 5.50.14b

When I minimize Meuse it says WAR on the windows bar, not TLD.

meuse.png
 Description:
how it looks in windows search
 Filesize:  11.82 KB
 Viewed:  515 Time(s)

meuse.png

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:40 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Since your running the mod under WAR, it needs to be v4.50.15 released on Feb. 20/2015 which fixes the following;

- Fixed several issues that could cause a crash at the end of a battle, possibly resulting in the loss of the saved game file.

- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong battle group to be penalized with a 1-2 team loss if the last battle in a turn ended by force morale failure.

- Fixed a bug with weapon value calculations, resulting in slightly different team values.

- Several minor changes to battle group default team selection to adjust the AI’s default choices to be the same or similar given the new team values.p

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3806540

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:43 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Thanks much man, had WAR v4.50.14... Will try it again. How do you stay on top of all these cc updates? That official one was 3 months ago and I missed it!

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:39 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

- Fixed a bug with weapon value calculations, resulting in slightly different team values.
what does that mean?

Upgraded to v4.50.15

Hmm you know...

I noticed WAR soldiers would shoot a little better now than previous version..

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:52 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

I believe it refers to value a squad is given on BG screen which are calculated by exe.

The points/values in WAR/TLD for each unit/side is displayed but not enforced by the game like COI or LSA but still could be useful for H2H play.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:53 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

It's working good so far I'm noticing but maybe not that it's recognizing more soldiers that take out AT or flak guns via soft kill or whatever.
cohen took out one of these not sure how if penetrating shot to engine that got him a recognized kill or how he did it?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Sd.Kfz.222_-_reconstruction.JPG

During whole map firefight, the vehicle was across the bridge unless he had an explosive for the one that raced across. But do caveliers have them in game didn't notice. I doubt he borrowed baitille's rifle HE for the shot?

cohen.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  428.8 KB
 Viewed:  645 Time(s)

cohen.png

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:42 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Crashed again while I truced and won with the enemy on Montmedy.

This time it didn't erase the whole campaign progress only exited to windows and out of the program.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:03 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

GREAT MOD TEJSZD!

I was wrong about this mod after updating to the latest TLD version only had 2 crashes on end battle "loading" bar, but It still saved my campaign progress.
I played on historical settings with everything equal.

Love all the types of detailed weapons and armor for both sides I never knew existed. In a Pre ww2 era.
I have beat the grand campaign as the French(defensive in campaign), I would contribute the win towards :

Artillery barrages
*AC 25mm Cannon in buildings taking out vehicles
Obussier 105mm Cannons in bunkers
Hotchkiss Heavy MG
The FM 24/29 light machine gun

The mod shows me some downfalls of French armor such as the driver of the smaller tanks having to fire the mg as well? That's nuts. Some of their turrets are very slow to turn are they using hand power? Seems like many French teams lacked a good short ranged close quarter weapon like the Thompson. Although some do carry them in the game I think they would have benefited more fighting in buildings as most had rifles probably historically accurate.
I do like this mod a lot and would consider this one of the best mods for cc games! Buy The Longest Day just for this mod you won't be disappointed!

bandicam 2015-05-22 00-44-05-693.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  243 KB
 Viewed:  540 Time(s)

bandicam 2015-05-22 00-44-05-693.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-21 19-35-24-096.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  231.07 KB
 Viewed:  495 Time(s)

bandicam 2015-05-21 19-35-24-096.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-21 20-03-26-999.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.71 KB
 Viewed:  547 Time(s)

bandicam 2015-05-21 20-03-26-999.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-22 00-44-10-513.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  244.15 KB
 Viewed:  753 Time(s)

bandicam 2015-05-22 00-44-10-513.jpg

fv.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  528.21 KB
 Viewed:  483 Time(s)

fv.png

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:00 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Thank you vobbnobb!

Glad you liked it and that the latest TLD patch made it much more stable (the bug which caused saved games to be lost was the worst)....

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:07 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hello Tejszd, is there still any progress (planned) on this lovely mod for LSA? Smile. Really would love to play that on the best CC imho!
Thanks for an update!

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:31 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hi kweniston,

Progress is painfully slow as the move from TLD to LSA is huge for data and graphic changes. Then on top of that I have never done a strat layer so had no idea how much work that is.

Data - Done except for forcepool (replacement rate per difficulty level, unfortunately this is a formula now so you can only change quantity not unit types, and # of slots)
Graphics - Done except for the new strat layer and overhead parts of bridges (actually I guess I have to recode maps to allow movement under bridges too)

Here is a pick of Meuse with the original strat layer on LSA;
- in the centre you can see the 2 BG's per map which is an LSA (or newer PitF/GtC) feature
- highlighted the 8th panzerjager  (8.8cm on Sdkfz) BG that was created by removing the vehicles from a Division BG forcepool to act as an Army/Corp support BG (careful they do not fight by themselves)

LSA Meuse.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.93 KB
 Viewed:  509 Time(s)

LSA Meuse.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Thu May 28, 2015 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:08 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

vobbnobb thanks for the feedback on what you would contribute the French win towards :

Artillery barrages
AC 25mm Cannon in buildings taking out vehicles
Obussier 105mm Cannons in bunkers
Hotchkiss Heavy MG
The FM 24/29 light machine gun

They all make sense though historically the French did not use their artillery anywhere near to its potential. Should the player be limited because of that historical mistake?

Ronson sent me a private message on H2H play with some feedback, thank you! In the H2H campaign the Germans did not break through the French lines and the number 1 reason he provided was due to artillery causing more like a WW1 battle of attrition.

Based on both your feedback I checked Line vs Line for the first turn of the GC in CC5 and TLD (the actual weapon ratings have not changed) but the quantities did;

French
Type / CC5 / TLD (additional turns)
Air / 1-3 / 0 (1,2,2)
Mort / 3 / 0 (1,2,3)
Art / 0 / 2 (3,4,5,)

German
Type / CC5 / TLD (additional turns)
Air / 1-3 / 1 (2,3,3)
Mort / 3 / 1 (2,3,4)
Art / 2 / 2 (3,4,5)

Air support for both sides varies in CC5, with the Germans in the mod getting more support, as I used random weather instead of the historical Normandy weather. In TLD I entered the historical weather so air support is fixed quantities. Overall favours Germans in both.
Mortar support in CC5 is equal the 1st turn but overall favours the Germans (2 to 1). In TLD Meuse mortar support for both sides is lower early on as it was really a meeting engagement with French cav divisions moving into Belgium but overall is about equal.
Artillery support in CC5 is for the Germans only. In TLD the French get artillery support so they get more support This goes back to the real potential the French had but did not use. Note: French artillery can not fire on the 1st 3 German entry maps in Belgium.

Based on the feedback above and the fact that I raised both artillery and mortar for the French I will lower French artillery on the first couple turns.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, looking good! Hope you can find the energy to make progress. I really love the LSA game options, and I would -love- to have great mod as well! And let's hope they patch those final bugs, finally.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

The old 80-90s VHS documentaries are the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3sP1K7oa-0

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:35 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

kweniston wrote (View Post):
Thanks for the update, looking good! Hope you can find the energy to make progress. I really love the LSA game options, and I would -love- to have great mod as well! And let's hope they patch those final bugs, finally.

Thank you for the comments on the mod and the posts of support on the Matrix forum poking them to do another patch for WAR/TLD and LSA!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:42 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Thank you for the comments on the mod and the posts of support on the Matrix forum poking them to do another patch for WAR/TLD and LSA!

After all these years WAR/TLD and LSA still need another patch? Lordy.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:03 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

The games are more stable than CC5 but the crash bugs for reaching 0:00 time, air strikes and morale breaks still occasionally occur....

WAR/TLD: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394
LSA: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hi mate:),

Sounds good that you are still working on this Mod and updating it as it was one of the best under CC5.

Quote:
Based on the feedback above and the fact that I raised both artillery and mortar for the French I will lower French artillery on the first couple turns.

I think this will make a huge difference, although as you do say the French never really used their potential artillery support, partly due to their doctrine of using land lines rather than radio to communicate, and the complex procedure they had for calling for support fire.
I guess in the end it comes down to the question of where to draw the line of reality v gameplay.

One thing that is striking is the behaviour of the troops in the later or new games as opposed to the old style CC5 troops, of which lots of post have been made already.
This is noticeable when playing the TLD Meuse as against the CC5 Meuse in this way......
Under CC5 you could attack and lose 5 -10 teams, but you would take your objective 80% of the time, with the 'new' troops of TLD etc. its more than likely that you will attack and still lose 5-10 teams but due to the troops constantly going to ground you will NOT attain your objective.

Thanks for taking the time to update this I look forwards to trying it out in H2H when you release it.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Again I noticed in the latest Longest Day v4.50.15, I was able to take out small PAK cannons with rifles and force crew to flee. I have not seen that before on previous TLD versions from.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: