Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1227
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

I found this while cleaning my desktop, its from a campaign a played awhile ago. These guys rushed my command group from behind and got them all. I have never seen anything like that happen before. tejszd did you edit 1 group to be super elite?  Also what medal did they earn? Also what rank names are they?

award.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  431.66 KB
 Viewed:  545 Time(s)

award.png

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:05 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

The German scouts are good soldiers and well armed; 2 out of the 3 have machine guns. Plus you said they attacked from behind and it wasn't easy as 1 died and the remaining 2 were injured....

All 3 rec'd the Wound Badge and the one who killed 4 soldiers rec'd the Knights Cross.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:31 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

hey Darren, you still making progress with Meuse or moved on?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hi Southernland!

Yes, I'm still slowly working on things. Some progress has been made, see the attached screen shot of Meuse on LSA with the old Strat map....

Unfortunately along with some good new features has come some issues;
- French infantry BG's are crossing the Meuse into Belgium stacking with the Calvary BG's which historically didn't happen
- you can no longer change the unit type based on difficulty which I did in Meuse to make the game harder
- still need to understand and determine how to use the point system and available/unavailable unit slots features
- still need to change map bridge coding to allow units to pass under them

On the new strat things are moving slowly....
- think I finally figured out how the original images were given a 3D look and the side shading. Just need to repeat the process 63 times....
- need to do the zoomed out new strat map images
- need to test the 20 new maps, thank you again!!!

Meuse LSA Strat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  489.08 KB
 Viewed:  527 Time(s)

Meuse LSA Strat.jpg

Meuse LSA GC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.07 KB
 Viewed:  498 Time(s)

Meuse LSA GC.jpg

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:48 am; edited 7 times in total

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:46 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

wow, meuse is being ported to LSA? Smile

southern_land

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:42 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

eventually.  Taking a huge amount of effort by Darren

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:50 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Great to see the Meuse crossing mod is being ported to LSA.

"- French infantry BG's are crossing the Meuse into Belgium stacking with the Calvary BG's which historically didn't happen"

Are you using static BG's in this LSA version?
Maybe if you use static BG's for those infantry BG's at the border this wouldn't happen?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:42 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

No I'm not using static BG's since they would automatically be absorbed by other BG's removing them from play when it comes to guarding/holding maps.

In the Matrix forums in the past I had suggested the player be prompted if they want the static BG to be absorbed but Steve said it wasn't needed for LSA so he wouldn't change how it works.

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:31 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

damn, static BG's is a feature that would/could be usefull in many ways but ended up being useless to modders  Rolling Eyes .
Such a shame.

southern_land

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:32 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

It should never have been used the way it was, what SSpanzer dv would soak up a bunch of half arsed luftewaffe recruits in passing?  If anything they'd be left behind to secure the bridge they were already guarding... absolute ballocks!

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:54 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Did you guys know the US shermans 75mm was based on the french 75mm cannon?

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

I never found any bugs has anyone else? So this mod is completed as 3.5.0? Are you working on anything else tejzd?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:03 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Hi vobbnobb,

I do have a v3.6 which I haven't released which contains mainly cosmetic changes....

1) Added French Supply Depot on Launois in the Grand Campaign
2) Added 8 French general pictures
3) Adjusted BG display location on some strat maps to prevent/reduce overlap
4) Adjusted Battle group 'base' battle plans
5) Adjusted in battle artillery icon to make the button fit better. Thanks Uberdave!
6) Enlarged scenario editor date on buttons
7) Fixed order of German medals as the Knights Cross image is switched with the iron cross second class. Thanks Aetius!

I also have these items on the to do list;

1) Changed Strat map to show Vresse and Sugny connecting if I do not finish the 64 map strat
2) Review & Reduce French support as H2H feedback said the French are too strong with it especially early in the GC

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:12 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

How is it going with the LSA version Tejszd?

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:00 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Pouillon is lacking an Allied Entry VL which caused my May 13 GE reinforcement BG to enter at the 'to Sedan' VL when the Fr BG moved from Florenville onto Pouillon.

Meuse has the best looking maps in all of CC. Nice architectural detail in the roofs. Looking forward to the LSA version. Need a beta tester? :)

Uncoded L1 blg in the attachment:

grassfield.jpg
 Description:
Uncoded L1 Bldg
 Filesize:  55.3 KB
 Viewed:  11832 Time(s)

grassfield.jpg

southern_land

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:56 am Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

All of the non CC5 buildings in Meuse are taken straight from Google Earth albeit german not french

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Mon Dieu! No wonder the poor pouilu are faring so badly in my GC. German architecture is the 5th column in France and Belgium.

From the 'should have known better' files:
...so there I am, hating on Vresse because once again my entering panzers have to fight their way north thru the town, then across Le Pont and then south to reach the Sugny exit. Its always a 2-3 battle slog. Until one day in mid-May 1940 when the AI somehow infiltrated behind my advance to seize the East Entry VL. Mein Gott in Himmel how did that happen? At inquest the BG oberst was accused of gross negligence for failing to recon an obviously shallow stretch of the Semois for alternate crossing sites. His defense consisted only of the pathetic excuse that rivers that wide are meant to be crossed on bridges. Despite the fact that in many places he could clearly see the riverbed. The disgraced commander only escaped demotion because the presiding judge was a family member.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

Its Funny how Mick only shows up at certain times.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

I.E. when something exciting is supposedly happening.

Otherwise he never makes a Post.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Meuse Crossing 1940 3.5.0 Download Link Reply with quote

One can only Assume he's from Fucking Pennsylvania.

Go CAPS!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: