Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:30 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Tough match-up at Bieville-- had a hunch that I would get into trouble here.  After-battle in this image, and can see I was lucky to hold onto the map, a more aggressive push by Monty would have forced my retreat:

bieville_4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.14 KB
 Viewed:  427 Time(s)

bieville_4.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:41 am Post subject: Ranville Reply with quote

Neither BG has tanks at this point. KG Luck has only halftracks and PzGrenadiers, but a handful of MkIVs and other tanks should be available in the BG by morning. 6th Airlanding doesn't quite have its Tetrarchs yet, they are still forming up and clearing their axles of tightly-wrapped parachute chords. They should be available starting in the am as well.

The battle goes round and naval arty and an airstrike keep the Germans honest. In the end, the Allies gain a VL location in Ranville.  It will be key to get the Pegasus VL to the north and open up full supply east of the Orne.

Ranville1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.54 KB
 Viewed:  435 Time(s)

Ranville1.jpg

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:52 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Naval in Ranville?

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:02 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

June 6, end of PM turn.  Some big opening afternoon battles, but also a lot of fun mopping up the beachhead maps.  Other than Gold Beach and Port-en-Bessin, every beach map is solidly in Allied control. Many battlegroups can start moving inland, and Bayeux will likely fall into Allied hands by morning, pretty much as it did historically. Other than KG Meyer, which will be quickly overwhelmed and surrounded if it doesn't withdraw, resistance is token in front of the 50th Division. By the afternoon, 7 Armoured Div (22 Armd Bde) and 8 Armoured Bde arrive--two tank-heavy BGs.

Around Sword Beach and the Orne the picture is less rosy. 21 Panzer is making a strong showing, and it's unlikely that the Allies will gain much more without a tough fight. Caen looks entirely out of reach. The Allies would have been at Caen's doorstep if I had captured the rear exit VLs on Sword on the am of June 6--not an easy task in a 15 minute battle traveling between large minefields.

The good news is that the Allied beachhead is secure, and growing more so with each turn.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:06 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

tigercub wrote (View Post):
Naval in Ranville?

Yes indeed!

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:54 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

I think we need a wager on the capture of Caen. 100 dollars say you don't capture it in 6 days :)

Keep it up.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
I think we need a wager on the capture of Caen. 100 dollars say you don't capture it in 6 days :)

Keep it up.

making an offer here?   Wink  Think Caen would be tough at this point, but it depends on the player.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Lots to catch up on, but here's a short video of some of the action at Bieville. The Germans very nearly pushed the Brits off the map, but were repulsed and paid the price in tanks while the British paid in sprites:

Link

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm Post subject: Re: Push to Bayeux Reply with quote

Bayeux is captured at the risk of temporarily losing supply. KG Meyer has withdrawn and must be at Creully. Monty told me he was not going to leave this relatively potent BG to get caught behindlines. Even though this BG has Stugs, it's a slow mover. Historically, KG Meyer had nothing more than bicycles and a few Stugs to ride on. We will encounter this BG again soon. Currently, it's the only force standing between the Allies and total breakout (for now).

Bayeux-sequence.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  187.12 KB
 Viewed:  484 Time(s)

Bayeux-sequence.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:42 pm Post subject: Re: Beyond Sword Beach Reply with quote

Behind Juno and Sword Beaches, the 9/3 Canadians punched through Basly against a weak static BG; they advance to Hermanville and encounter 12th SS for the first time. I withdraw the 153 Bde of the 51st Highland Division, its position tenuous. With Sword Beach cleared, the British 3rd Infantry Division can advance in its place, opening a new entry VL. It could be a protracted fight in Bieville. The 185/3 could not land this turn because of the backup on Sword Beach. I'll be waiting to see if it arrives next turn along with the four armoured BGs the Allies get by the afternoon. Monty is playing well as Germans considering he has very little experience with CC.

Beyond-Sword-Sequence.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  183.75 KB
 Viewed:  476 Time(s)

Beyond-Sword-Sequence.jpg

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:30 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Thanks for the video!  Cool

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

The test game continues, moving past Bayeux!

inland_gold_moves2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  330.99 KB
 Viewed:  13443 Time(s)

inland_gold_moves2.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

One German soldier left in all of Port-en-Bessin, and still have to fight another battle to root him out...sigh.

On the upside, captured all VLs in Tailleville against a weekened static BG, path is now clear to unleash the raw power of the Tyne and Tees, Desert Rats, and Canucks!

afterport.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  162.67 KB
 Viewed:  13440 Time(s)

afterport.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: