Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1271
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 am Post subject: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

Now that I have divided my CC5 map set into 2 seperate plugins. One for original CC5 stuff and one for thrid party stuff. I thought I would try again at expanding some of the maps into squares.

Since I started doing this, I get about 1 done a year. So in 10 years, I will be finished.

Anyway, this year its Omonville.

So, of the 44 maps in reg CC5, I use 40 of them in CCMT.

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:07 pm; edited 5 times in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

Omonville is a lot more fun to play now.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

St Lo d'Ourville was the one I did last year.

I did Airfield in 2011.  Laughing

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

IMHO, CC5 has the best looking and functioning maps. Tactical and Strategic.

I am not sure if any other CC game will let you do this. But it is possible with CCMT to display any map ingame.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

Also, when using CCMT, if you hit the "Window" key, the game will automatically minimize on your taskbar.

Then you can check out a desktop map. The cool thing about CCMT; when it is minimized it STOPS playing, unlike the re-releases with I believe keep playing your battle.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:16 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

You can store an entire map collection ingame, if you wanted too. I believe CCMT will allow unlimited files. Or they are constrained only by XP. Just scroll until you puke.

You can keep the original mission around. But play it once and when finished save the Replay. Then I think you can ditch the original mission if you want.

Once you have a goodly collection of them, you can put them into a plugin, and install them into the proper replay directories of the game. You can also uninstall them too. And what is nice about having the plugin, if they accidentally get picked off or deleted, you can re-install them, just like a mod.

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:47 am; edited 4 times in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

The Overview Map is not that exciting.  Sad  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

I added Raids and les Pieux to the set. These are original CC5 maps that were large slender rectangles. Me thinks they were used in some of the transistional areas of the campaign map, or the map makers just didn't have time to finish them in time for the product release.

Long rectangles are hard to work with or convert to CCMT. So, with Raids, I cut the rectangle off, trying to frame the small village in the center, with the road and the bridge. Then I add the grey bars on top and bottom to make a square, which CCMT requires. Its a small map (16x16) but (16x12) not counting the grey bars. It still works nice for infantry battles, and you can still work in a tank or two.

This isn't really hard work at all. Each map takes only a few seconds to set up or convert. The new 5CC mapping software is very advanced at this point.

In the future, maybe next year  Laughing , I can expand detail into the grey areas, as I did with Omonville etc. This also isn't hard to do. Just use Gimp, or anything that supports layers, and its a 15-45 minute job based on the complexity.

There are 4 more in the CC5 set that I haven't gotton to, becuase they are rectangular like Raids. They just are not that big a priority for me.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:41 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

I did up a CC5 Normandy schematic last night. It uses 39 of the 44 available maps from CC5. The 5 it doesn't use are the rectangular maps I mentioned earlier. The schematic follows the road network for CC5, except near St Jores where the game had 6 roads leading in and this schematic only allows for 4. That's about it the rest is real nice, and it is easy to follow the links.

These schematics were fun. But I don't need one for the 10 CC2 maps I have. And I finished one already for CC4 maps, and BO maps. So, unless I do some for the modern maps, and I doubt I will, these things are finished.

And something I have always wanted to mention, but never really have, because it it something I have never been able to explain to myself. But for some reason, I like the CC4 and CC5 map sets best because all the maps in each set, seem to have a great deal of commonality to them. In other words, they all seem to use the same textures and artistic style. For some reason that appeals to me. Even CC2 maps seem to be that way as well.

So, CC2, CC4, and CC5 maps really appeal to me for this reason, where CC3, WAR, and TLD maps seem to be mixtures of artistic styles, etc..

I kinda like the schematics for the same reason. They brings some standardization to the Stratmap diagram, sort of.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

One last and final detail for the CC5 schematics, I made two smaller ones by dividing the Normandy schematic into 2 parts.   Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Map Set Reply with quote

Yet another expanded Vierville map.

I like this one the best, so its a keeper.  Laughing

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

Jump to: