Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting mod. I played a couple singles to see the sights and hear the sounds. I think the sounds are very good and strong. The MG sounds seem powerful, I recognize a few from other mods. The new sounds you added are very nice. I also like the mortar teams. I have always wanted multiple mortars in a section. Its also great that the Russian ACs are not indestructable to Japanese MGs and close quarter attacks. I think its a nice touch to add the calibre of weapons to the support icons.

Quote:
From CSO....No Shermans, no Tigers, no MG42s, no hedgerows or western European towns to fight in. I'm assuming most in the CC community won't play it because of that.

People wont play it because its far from completed. It does look well done to ver0.9. I think the mod is very refreshing and the area is a good change. I am sure many people look forward to playing a good Japanese/Russian mod.

Quote:
From CSO....no hedgerows or western European towns to fight in.

I dont think people like to fight for hedgerows or western European towns. I think people like to fight for map features that give the upper hand or make good defensive posts. These maps, have features, but you have starting points in the middle of flat open terrain that provides minimal cover.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:37 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

have u gotten the point yet Uberdave?

Heres a seperate question for you,
why do you list in readme,and ask for coments by way of PM,email and forum?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

AudieMurphy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the strategy map hard coded? The map itself is beautiful but the area we need to fight for It looks a lot like Normandy or Meuse Crossing area...

The song is a good one, I was thinking that a Khalkhin Gol mod should have this song.

Not sure if it is right, on the Soldier screen I get a light machine gun image for Maxim, which was a heavy MG on wheels?

Very good list of Russian names, and long which makes the units more diverse.

Anyway, when it is finished, it will be one of my favourite mods.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:34 am Post subject: Single Battle Crash Fix Reply with quote

Uberdave wrote:
@ Anzac
"I dont think there r any CC mods any more that u cant play single battle on) "

How familiar are you with the CC engine? Single battles crash occasionally on every CC5 mod ever loaded.

Uberdave, Tejszd found a fix to this.
I'm going to quote Tejszd's fix for you from this thread:
"The problem is for a single battle CC5 randomly selects vehicles to place a wreck for but unfortunately it doesn't actually check to see if the vehicles selected have a wreck graphic. To fix this the CC5 mods should make sure they have a wreck listed on every line the original game has a wreck on...."

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Mooxe
Thanks for the positive feedback. I agree that sound is very important, and I spent much time on it over the years.

re: Soviet ACs...they had very thin armor, as did most of the tanks they fielded. They easily fell victim to med/hvy MG fire, as well as hand grenades.

re: far from completed...yes, only 10 maps at this point is a bummer. However, Im not a map maker and did 99% of the mod entirely by myself. A few ppl volunteered to do maps, but never finished them. 43 slots is a lot to fill up! Im thinking of revamping the strat map down to about 21-24 slots...but I havent been able to test it yet.

re: "starting points in the middle of flat open terrain that provides minimal cover"
Yes, that is intentional, as well as historical. Much of the land in the area was relatively flat, with occasional hills. The areas that the Japanese decided to defend were the areas which had the most elevation; hence the Soviets starting on flat terrain in most sectors.

Uberdave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Audie M

I made the strap map based on the 'mask' file from the original CC5 game. In other words, the sectors are exactly the same shape and in the same positions...but a new layer was painted over it.

I like the song too. Its a pre-war Russian song called "Three Tankists".

"Not sure if it is right, on the Soldier screen I get a light machine gun image for Maxim, which was a heavy MG on wheels?"

Which team/unit was it that showed it? Was it a DP instead of the Maxim? The Maxim graphic shows the wheels on the carriage.

Very good list of Russian names, and long which makes the units more diverse.

Yes, it was supplied by Drew of the RSR team.

Uberdave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@ squadleader_id

Awesome! I wasn't aware there was a fix for it. I'll definitely fix it for the next update. Thanks!

Uberdave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Anzac
"have u gotten the point yet Uberdave?"

Er...are you still trolling this thread? I really don't know where you're coming from, or what you're trying to say.

If it doesn't have anything to do with the mod, then what is it? Speak up.

why do you list in readme,and ask for coments by way of PM,email and forum?

Duh...because I want to know what people like and don't like. Sorta helps me to know what to improve, and what to get rid of.

Perhaps you should have done that on RegXtra.

AudieMurphy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Uberdave

The Maxim is right now, there was something wrong with my first install.
(saw some even more fancy things like entire Soviet platoons with pistols and knives, then I realised that the problem is here at my end, not with the mod Very Happy

The red blocks on the screen (where you read the campaigns/ops) also make the mod more original after those standard grey ones.

I will have more time for testing the mod later this week, so you will hear more comments.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:37 am Post subject: Re: Single Battle Crash Fix Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Uberdave wrote:
@ Anzac

How familiar are you with the CC engine? Single battles crash occasionally on every CC5 mod ever loaded.

Uberdave, Tejszd found a fix to this.
I'm going to quote Tejszd's fix for you from this thread:
"The problem is for a single battle CC5 randomly selects vehicles to place a wreck for but unfortunately it doesn't actually check to see if the vehicles selected have a wreck graphic. To fix this the CC5 mods should make sure they have a wreck listed on every line the original game has a wreck on...."

As far as I remember… Maybe im senile...
Only RX and GJS had non single crashes 2004, GJS never had even in ver 4.2.. That's old old old.. All other mod had single crashes at the time, as far as I remember..?
I started work on my mod in spring-early summer 2004, I contacted Atilla (GJS) and Lordy (RX) --as they had non crashes and then ought to know-- and got the same answer, and fix accordingly.. Keep vehicles at same spot, and guns at same spot in vehicle.adb as they are in reg. And Im much gratefull for that...

Uberdave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Stalky
Right on. 'Twas a fix I was unaware of. But then again, I never played single battles in other's mods; only campaigns.

Sorry if I sound irgnorant, but which mod are you working on?

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:14 pm Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Yes, OP and GC is my favourites to, when CC is at its best

About me, It's FS, Fall Sverige

Its a "What if mod", Germans plans for attack of Sweden in 1943-44.
Winter maps, in next ver many more will be Southern Land made, slight repainted. And a few(?) maps will be brand new.

Good day

Stalky

JohnDee

Rep: -0.1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

the mod looks promising, im about 5 days into the gc playing as japanese and i had some fun..no doubt, facing vast numbers of russian armor with only 3-4 light atg's has something. i really sympathize with the desperate situation the japanese were facing, but like with all the mods outthere the dumb as bread AI is just no challenge at all. and easely understands to balance the massive material advantage with incredible stupid moves..or non moves for that matter..
also i lose a atg for every 6-7 tanks i take out, so judging by that pace and by the fact that i already wiped the russians off two maps it seems like yet another dissapointing single player experience..

thats why im looking for someone to play a gc against, nothing serious just playtesting and to have some fun.. drop me a msg or find me on gamespy (BlackSn) incase you're liking this mod and like me cant stand the damn AI..

infact battling (?) the AI makes me depressive with a strong tendency to aggression and even slight signs of madness.. :drink1

i also feel this urge to strangle the dude who coded the AI, anyone knows where he lives ?

PS: thx for your work UberDave..kudos

Uberdave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Stalky
Ill have to check out FS when you are done. Sounds educational, as I know nothing about the hypothetical operation.

@ Dee
Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, the AI is notoriously poor on the attack. Hell, they dont even attack!

If you want anything good resembling a single-player experience, play as the USSR. The campaign is designed to give the USSR player a relatively good challenge against the dug-in Japs.

I only included the Jap battles (marked 'J') for fun; so that users could see the work I did on their units, etc. The Japanese are best played H2H with FM off. The Jap vs AI battles are just there for show.

As far as a GC, Id love to play H2H with you. I havent had the chance to test it H2H yet. What is your general schedule?

JohnDee

Rep: -0.1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

well my schedule depends on a few things, but im pretty flexible and generally around alot.. let me know when you have time so we can work something out.

as for playing GC as Russians, you were right it was indeed a better play experience. some battles were even quiet close, i'm loving the big squads and arty spotters btw.. but all in all the japanese were no match for me and i blitzkrieg'd them rather quickly Very Happy

Uberdave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

Only 2 tanks lost? You must have used LOTS of infantry.

And your casualty ratio is by far superior to the opponent. I must say, I'm friggin impressed! What day did the campaign end on?

I'm available in the afternoons, evenings. Im in California, so Pacific time applies (GMT -Cool.

Gald you like it so far. The arty FOs were important in this mod, especially for the Soviets, as they used massed artillery throughout the conflict.

Here is my campaign results as the Soviets. It ended on day 6.

[/url]

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:14 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Quote:
@ Anzac

Japs committed suicide without taking an enemy (biggest form of surrender there was)

Of course they did...but can SIMULATE that using the CC engine?

did u rework the sprites?

No need to if the data may be manipulated.

this is news to me!CC displays the correct amount in every setting for me.

Then your experience with data editing is cearly limited. After editing CC data for the past 6 years, it is common knowledge that FPool data is fluid and changes on the difficulty settings, as well as campaigns v battles.

Anzac, your point is?

I'm here to announce my work being completed, not to argue about its merits.

Unlike some modders, I list known issues. The fact that some (like yourself) will come along and use it against me is to be expected. I dont EXPECT you to play my mod, but the fact that you are criticising it beforehand tells me something of your agenda.

Sapa has some unresolved anger towards me, because I criticized certain aspects of BoB. Its nothing personal, and I thought I made that clear to him.

BUT, I actually PLAYED his mod before writing a review. Question is, will you do the same?

``How familiar are you with the CC engine? Single battles crash occasionally on every CC5 mod ever loaded. ``
Obviously not as familiar as you,or i dont play same mods as you!

Japs committed suicide without taking an enemy (biggest form of surrender there was)
``Of course they did...but can SIMULATE that using the CC engine? ``
im sure you can manipulate that!

did u rework the sprites?
``No need to if the data may be manipulated.``
as long as you have it under control its all good!

this is news to me!CC displays the correct amount in every setting for me.
``Then your experience with data editing is cearly limited. After editing CC data for the past 6 years, it is common knowledge that FPool data is fluid and changes on the difficulty settings, as well as campaigns v battles. ``
Can u help me unlimit it?I had had no idea the fpools were different on each setting.lol.

``Anzac, your point is?``
my fuck up for trying to help some1 like you,guess i misread your notes.
or you wrote something u did not mean.

``I'm here to announce my work being completed, not to argue about its merits.``
what merits of your work was i arguing about?

``Unlike some modders, I list known issues. The fact that some (like yourself) will come along and use it against me is to be expected. I dont EXPECT you to play my mod, but the fact that you are criticising it beforehand tells me something of your agenda.``
yes how dare i try to help u with some known issues u placed in a forum.
and how despicable of me to use them against you!lol

``Sapa has some unresolved anger towards me, because I criticized certain aspects of BoB. Its nothing personal, and I thought I made that clear to him. ``
so sorry to hear!

``BUT, I actually PLAYED his mod before writing a review. Question is, will you do the same?``
derrr i was talking to u about some of the known issues.
i dont do CC game reviews.
and yes it would be excellent idea to play it first.
and no i wont be doing the same!

if any further misunderstandings for you
i can only try to help clear them up.

Go Khalkin-Gol
Rolling Eyes

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Uberdave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Anzac, but you never added anything to the thread other than a few snide comments. Maybe Im wrong. Maybe your English isn't good enough to communicate what you're really trying to say. Too bad Im not willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you don't plan on playing the mod, fine. I will ignore your comments in this thread, as they are only adolescent attempts to divert the issue.

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Uberdave wrote:
@ King Tiger

LOL!

Where are you from in Kansas? I grew up in the eastern part of the state.

Well I'm am living in the eastern half of the state, right around Lawrence, Kansas. Go KU!

What would H Jones do?

Uberdave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I graduated from KU!

Lived in Leavenworth most of my life.

Good to see a fellow 'jayhawker' around these parts!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: