Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1267
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
kuninobu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:38 am Post subject: Coming back to CCV after several years Reply with quote

Hello there all!

After getting bored with tons of games that weren't fun at all, after several years I return to CCV, and stumbles upon this great community for the CC-series! Back in those days, when I bought CCV, I still had 56k modem and didn't download anything, and didn't even realize that there were these big amount of great mods out there!

Now, I like the campaign mode in CCV more than anything in the CC-series, (I have CCII,CCIII,CCIV and CCV), because of the funny..ness? Razz of moving units around on the strategic map and fighting. I like the theatre of war of CCIII more than CCV, but I don't like the campaign mode in the former game.

So I wanted to ask you, what do you think of the CCV Stalingrad and Der Kessel mods? As I understand it, the first takes place in the city, and the second takes place in the surrondings of Stalingrad? Am I right?

CII was my second favorite CC-theatre. CII was the first CC-game I ever played, and I still play it. But I was wondering, what is the CCV A Bridge too Far-mod like? Is it like the CII but with a strategic map? Couldn't find any screenshots from it so..

Oh my this post is getting long.. Oh well..
Which Afrika mod to get? Afrika 40'41 or El Alamein? Or both?

Also, is CCV Meuse worth getting, as well as GJS, Karelia and Winter War? Does all these come with a strategic map? I really liked CCV Okinawa, a friend got it and we played it day and night! Mainly because it had japanese in it, and secondly because of the great strategic map!

Two last questions, are all of these mods I mentioned playable in multiplayer? If they are, I am going to convince another friend to return to CCV so we can play all these mods against eachothers Wink
Lastly, is it possible to just copy+paste the CCV folder and have all these mods installed at the same time, only in different CCV-folders?

Phew that was long, I hope someone can take the time to answer all these, if not maybe some of it?

Looking forward for some CC-gaming when I get home :9

Cheers mate, and thanks! Very Happy

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:42 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

firstly welcome back
dont be a goose and listen toothers opinions on mods
get ur bandwidth working and try them.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

kuninobu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:52 am Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
firstly welcome back
dont be a goose and listen toothers opinions on mods
get ur bandwidth working and try them.

First, thanks Smile
Second, bandwith is now 8mbits.. and lastly I was making conversation..

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:46 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

www.gamespy.com is where we play nowadays.link on top of page.
usually CC dudes in there who will chat and tell ya what there playing.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

kuninobu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:08 am Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
www.gamespy.com is where we play nowadays.link on top of page.
usually CC dudes in there who will chat and tell ya what there playing.

Never really liked gamespy, but hey it's worth it if I can find some players Smile

Man so many mods I want to play (in no particular order)..
Stalingrad, SDK, Meuse, Karelia, GJS, Afrika 40'41, El Alamein, GJS, Ardennes Offensive, Bloody Omaha, Okinawa, Battle of Berlin, A Bridge too Far, Fall Sverige...

Man lucky I have a large HDD and a fast connection Very Happy
This is so great that we have so many great mods, why have any other wargame when you can fight in many theatres of war all in the same game, thanks to these mods!

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think Lord4war was trying to say, and I agree with him, is that you will have differing opinions from the CCV community concerning various mods.

I personally have enjoyed playing GJS, Utah 1.3 and Stalingrad. More recently I have been playing heavily in Africa 40-41 and SDK. I've heard good things about Meuse from my friends and just downloaded it this weekend. And I started a h2h OP in SAS last night. Oh and Karelia 2 is a great mod for single play action vs Russian AI. And there are more great mods in the works like TRSM GJS, Schedlt, OMG and SOC.

But these are just the ones that I have had an opportunity to follow and/or play. There are many great mods out there for you to enjoy.

Note that GJS is one of the most popular and widely downloaded mods out there. That should be one of the first on your list.

Adding to L4W's comment - Gamespy is the common location for people to congregate to play h2h. Others groups (clans) may meet on MSN to arrange games via TCP or other means but GameSpy is a common area to gather and play.

In order to load the multiple mods you need to have the plugin manager.

Here is a thread on common instructions for loading mods via the plugin (config) manager. The same instructions apply to the installation of most mods.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

Hope this helps, have fun and we'll see you on the battlefield.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Download every mod you can get your hands on...spend hours upon hours playing (or just tasting) the mods (maybe going back to the vanilla game once in a while). Also, wait anxiously for the release of upcoming mods.
Damn, I'm a CC addict Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: