Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Patronus

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:01 am Post subject: 5.01 patch Reply with quote

Ok Ive tried to install the 5.01 patch several times but I have had no sucess. I can play CC5 fine without the patch. But whenver I install the patch and then try to play, i get a message box saying "cannot find directory /maps, please reinstall"

Anyone else have the same problem. I have windows XP. Would like some useful advice.

Martin_Linge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have the patch available here, but I had the same problem myself. The problem is that the patch are not getting installed where you expect it to be installed. There are two issues

1. (only applies if you have non-english version of Windows) It varies between programs where they are installed on non English Windows. Some are installed in C:\Program Files\... while most may be installed in C:\Programfiler\.. or whatever it is called in your language. If the patch goes for one, and CC was originally installed in another there may be problems.

2. Probably more relevant, did you say that you wanted to install in:

C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy

as I did? If you did it will install the path in something like

C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy

or something like it. Go to your C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy folder and you will probably find a SSI-folder or a "Close Combat Invasion Normandy"-folder where the patch has been installed. When you are asked where to install the patch you should answer "C:\Program Files". (AT least I think so, if it is wrong try "C:\Program Files\ISS".

As I said, it is some time since I did this, so I may remember wrongly. If this does not help I am afraid you will have to ask someone wiser than me.

Good Luck

Patronus

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried what you suggested, but it still doesnt work. I keep getting the message that the directory /maps cannot be found and that I must reinstall. Does anyone know where this /map directory is?

Is there another patch I need to install before this one? Am i installing it in the right place? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

ferconex

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

If you installed in a different location, then read this, it might help.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=81
I am still having trouble with the patch and am resolving it as we speak...

RD_Roach

Rep: 1.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

501a works like a patch ,as other patches do for the other CC games,but is acually a program and has to be removed(uninstalled like any other program or game) if you uninstall CC5 you must also uninstall the 501a patch(program)every time! even if it fails to install properly.
Control panel/Add/Remove ,I always install it by default and have no problems. If you tryed multipul installs,it sometimes creates multipul installs in your Program folder.
To see if it has installed properly look at your main screen for CC5(bottom right corner)should show as 501.

CC Greatest Game Ever!
www.reddevilscc.com

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: