Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1209
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.4
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:28 am Post subject: VISTA USERS - What are you doing? Reply with quote

In an effort to make a definitive guide on how to get the game running on Vista.... Vista users please post what you are doing.

So far we have this - http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4847. In baliki's post, he states that he enabled Win XP SP2 Compatibility. Nothing else he says seems to me to be the reason why multiplayer wont work.

Anymore input?

(Between February 1st and April 14th, there has been 7161 (11.63%) unique visitors using Vista to browse CCS.)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Last edited by mooxe on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

shasadou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe,

this weekend cc5 gs community got back my lump of clay =0

i experienced sort of headache when trying to enter the lobby, finally i found the guide how to, which is as simple as that:

launch gamepsy ---> hit "ctrl+o" (or just file--->enter url) -----> paste "close5:///?type=group&group=-1"

then, for the sake of simplicity i adjusted my gs options to be by default forwarded to the above link when launching gs.

i havent tried hosting yet however my guest games were ok. i had switched off firewall beforehand.

btw, my cc5 gjs runs perfectly with vista, i also made it compatible with win 95 or 98. and it seems to me with vista it has become more stable. only sole 00:00 crash in about 10 games

sickf1

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I cry..............due to the fact I am a technically challenged individual and I dont have the time to F&^%$$#$%^^with it..................some one please give R E A L S I M P L E I N S T R U C T I O N.

CC5 does seem to work pretty good on Vista so far, scroll is a bit iffy

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Close Combat Modern tactics

Should run straight out of the Box
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

For Cross of Iron

run CC3.exe in win98 compatibility mode.

Navigate to C:\Program file\Close Combat\Close Combat III

Right click on CC3.exe and choose compatibility mode

Select win98 compatibility

Also select administrator

This should get you up and running next time you launch cross of Iron

Also do the same for ModSwap.exe

C:\Program Files\Close Combat\CCModSwap.EXE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

shasadou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

my mouse scroll is also mad, i predominantly use arrows =) lol

nevertheless, i connect my laptop to a larger monitor (19') and by some reasons unknown to me the scroll speed becomes more or less acceptable

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

With SP1 installed Gamespy lobbies are accessible and the game launches just fine! Lets hope this goes for all vista users out there! Still no buttons for in game mp but still better than nothing. Just had my first game in a year. Horaah!

Ceci tuera cela

Chym

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay ! following all your advices, made CC5 run in mp yesterday on my Vista laptop after logging on Gamespy, after 6 monthes of tearing my hair Razz And for those interested here is how it went for me :

Installed the SP1, put compatibility on Win98 (the game won't launch with Win2000 or XP compatibility), used the above link "close5:///?type=group&group=-1" to log on GSpy and initialized a game, my friend managed to join it without problem.

As for RedScorpion, no button still for mp game appearing but my name and the possibility to choose a game are at least on !

Then we resumed your old campaign ( a DD Utah sector mod) and all went smoothly.

My 2cp.

nuggaprovst

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:47 pm Post subject: Re: VISTA USERS - What are you doing? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
In an effort to make a definitive guide on how to get the game running on Vista.... Vista users please post what you are doing.

So far we have this - http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4847. In baliki's post, he states that he enabled Win XP SP2 Compatibility. Nothing else he says seems to me to be the reason why multiplayer wont work.

Anymore input?

(Between February 1st and April 14th, there has been 7161 (11.63%) unique visitors using Vista to browse CCS.)
i cant seem to make it work...any suggestions

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

set it to windows 98 compatibility that should do it.

nuggaprovst

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote:
how do you do that

Kitkat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a question:

How do I get cfg manager to work on Vista? It doesn't install the files to the game path obviously because nothing happens when I load stuff in cfg. I reinstalled CC5 in several location and deleted them (because I thought reinstall would help me fix playability on vista) which might have screwed it up.
Can anyone help me clear my computer completely from CC5 so I can start all over again, or is it a known issue that cfg-manager doesn't work in Vista?

Many thanks
/Kitkat

Kitkat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

New issue. I realized I only need to completely remove cfgv13 completely from my computer. Any idea how I can do this? I need to reinstall it from scratch.

mooxe

Rep: 221.4
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just delete the folder its in.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

reddoby

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote:

Setting to windows 98 compatibility does allow the game to work for gamespy, but if you set to 98 compatibility and try to play mulitplayer in the game by itself you lose all options to connect. Therefore make sure you switch compatilibity back to normal when hosting or joining games directly through the game.

FredCDobbs1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Vista as the OS I'd had no trouble playing CC5 against the AI in Win 98, XP, or Vista mode. Not so against other players; I began using Vista when it first became available, thereafter, connecting at GS became a major problem. For that and other reasons for more than a year I hadn't been able to play CC5 at GS against other players. I attempted GS play again on August 24th against SW711 using Vista mode and had no problems. Later on at home while attempting to play the AI "it" would not allow me to play in Win 98 mode. I switched to Win XP mode and the game worked well. On August 25th Ronson and I began an SOP campaign and the first battle, using XP, went well with no problems. But after that we could not hold a GS connection. Go figure? In my case, against other players at GS, I tend to believe it's the specific connection and Mod causing the problems; but, even that conclusion doesn't seem to fit well.

Wastemoreland

Rep: 13.7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:31 am Post subject: Vista Reply with quote

I have one

I instaled everything ok, and it works like a charm single player. Mods? no problem, GJS and Meuse have worked fine so far. It´s multyplayer that won´t work. Tried on Gamespy both host and guest, nothing. Was gona try IP, and now it got weird. The multy in game menu looks fine BUT! their are no sub menus?? I cant even type in a IP address! I´ve told the firewall to keep his frigging hands of both cc and gamespy. I´ve also told the antivirus to do the same(Bullguard) Also am running programs as admin. What else can I do? Rolling Eyes can see the in game multy menu now that I am running it in xp mode.

MörserCarl

Rep: 37.1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returning to the game after a period of combat fatigue. Now I have Vista and there's no problem running CC5 (SDK), but the scroll speed is so fast that it is exhausting me. I have, of course, reduced scroll speed in the game options (FCool to slow but that doesn't seem to have any effect. Any idea how to reduce scroll speed? I mean, other than buying a much larger monitor as I noted was an option on the previous page.

Thanks!

It's just a GAME after all...

nuggaprovst

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

reddoby wrote:
Pzt_Crackwise wrote:

Setting to windows 98 compatibility does allow the game to work for gamespy, but if you set to 98 compatibility and try to play mulitplayer in the game by itself you lose all options to connect. Therefore make sure you switch compatilibity back to normal when hosting or joining games directly through the game.
how do you set it for windows 98 compatibility....step by step

joeyangel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:28 am Post subject: Vista? Reply with quote

So how does one set the game to Win98?

I've installed and re-installed (and re-installed) CC5 onto my new Lenovo laptop and it says I have insufficient disk space and need to reinstall on another drive.

Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: