Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Quote:
Yes but people do not use it.

Can't blame the tool for that, just the Tools.

Wink

Who is the blamer here? probably WAR without direct play or something like this.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It's spring!

There is a big bright shiny thing in the sky.

Go outside!

(Posted with apologies to anyone in the Southern Hemisphere who felt ignored, neglected or generally left out.)

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

II don’t think comparing BHQ to MSZone is fair,if im not mistaken didn’t everyone who used Internet Explorer already get the Zone installed with I.E.?
Where as BHQ is something you have to go find to download.And I never see anyone at BHQ.
Gamespy would have been a great idea.With Gamespy you can search for people who have common games with you.

How many Clans do we have left that play CC?

Or is all we need a thread or a Profile option here that lists ones MSNInstant Messenger name and provides an icon when one posts?

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't anyone BHQ because people can't reliably count on meeting anyone there which is no one will randomly be on BHQ which is why it will never be possible to meet anyone randomly on BHQ unless someone will do something to get things moving.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Talorgan wrote:
It's spring!

There is a big bright shiny thing in the sky.

Go outside!

(Posted with apologies to anyone in the Southern Hemisphere who felt ignored, neglected or generally left out.)

Ignoring the problem and the true, we will not obtain nothing good. Rolling Eyes

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The easy way to meet on BHQ

1. Load BHQ (automatically loaded with latest patch)

2. Run BHQ

3. Wait for opponent.

If you don't do any of the above you won't get a game on BHQ.

It is the responsibility of the player(s) to make them selves available to play.

I can't run around to everyones house and turn BHQ on for them.. you must do it your self.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess about 99% of the tens of thousands who bought the game (http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6595&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30) prefer playing the game vs AI...

Wink Razz

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a pretty good summation

And would hold true for the 200,000 (?) that have bought games in the CC series.

Ask pzjager
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the game, but don't really feel like playing it till those element/LOS issues are fixed on the maps.

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion is to write to support [at] matrixgames [dot] com

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
my suggestion is to write to support [at] matrixgames [dot] com

Yep...write to Matrix support...then they will forward the problem to S3T support...then...maybe...just maybe...Shreckie and co will respond Very Happy

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I've responded

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some people out there playing Wacht Am Rhein. I'm part of the Red Devils Gaming Clan and for the last 3 weeks we have been actively involved in an internal war with the Northern Flank campaign. It's been good times.

Also, a week ago I submitted a WaR Realism sound mod to this site. Still waiting for it to be posted to the downloads section for all to use. It is in a .sfx format, so you'll have to copy and paste it into your local fx file. The original WaR sounds just don't have enough "punch" to them.

BobbyDazzler

Rep: 1.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good point that you make, but WAR is arguably an average game, it has already become tiresome in some respects, its great that it has a huge strat map, excellent for manouver, however the game in a sense takes one step forward and two steps back in terms on close combat gaming. for one it absolutely lacks detail on the campaign it depicts, if you play the stalingrad mods or berlin, or GJS mods, they all have superb detail on the campaigns they cover. In the COI rework the battle and operational briefings that include dramatised elements of fuger's actual campaing is a nice and warming feature that adds much value in my opinion and even gives cc a worthwhile storyline so to speak. Smile
WAR fails to improve on the orginal cc4 in many respects e.g. BG's are all very alike to one another, forcepool units are dull and all alike. :zzz Little variation between infantry, unlike some of the great cc5 mods produced that have a rich and vast no. of units and vehcle types. just play GJS mod to get the picture. also little things like WAR doesnt have decent graphics in the forcepool menus, doesnt display commander pictures, which we all took as a staple feature of CC games for the future. WAR also gives little description of the map and its significance in the campaign. WAR leaves much to be desried for gamers with yurnings for historical accuracy and depth. If you read the map descriptions on the berlin mod or the stalingrad mods, they literally have paragraphs about the campaing on that day, the maps significance etc.
Its great that the AI is agressive and witty but again its too ridgid and aware of your presence. e.g. infantry are virtually useless against armour, except for their grenades which are far too powerful, for example i had a pzchr sneaking through trees towards a tank from the rear, the AI became aware of it 120m away and destroyed it immediately, thats just unrealistic!it feels like infantry are gonners as soon as you move them within half a mile of a tank, it just knows they are there immediately with predictable results, yet AI tanks in WAR are just as supid as in the other orginal CC games, no suprise that just as in other orignal CC releases you find three tanks rotating round a foxhole for 20 minutes Rolling Eyes In the other mods, infantry are far superior to tanks in close combat .AT guns are just terrible in WAR.
One of the most annoying features of WAR is that if you deploy a vehicle near brush, 2/5 times it tracks itself and what is even more anoying you permanantly lose the unit and it and it registers as a campaign loss! I worked very hard in one operation with a couple tank crews, one had 17 tanks kills then i lost the unit when it drove over a railway track and became tracked. the unit wasnt even damaged in the battle sense!! Mad what happened to carrying damaged tanks and crews with their experience over to the next battle? I havent completed a full campaing on WAR yet, but its already very frustrating and im only on day 3. after finally having the joy of playing other CC mods where the AI is competent, intelligent but above all prone to making the same mistakes and showing vulnerability in a realisitc sense, WAR is a clear patience tester.
WAR is in my view doomed to suffer the same fate as its predecessor, CC4, ultimately becoming overshadowed by its sucessor based on the d-day landings, as we can all remember cc4 was a great game that totally changed the close combat formula to what we know and love today, however it wasnt a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but like myself and im sure is the case with many others, my copy of CC4 is gaining dust never to be looked at again, but as we also remember its was cc5 that really won everyones heart and minds and it was cc5 that became the basis for the modding revolution that we all owe thanks to. I can only hope that with the new longest day mod, the matrix crew have taken more time to incorporate the features developed in the cc5 mods that gave them their authenticity and likeableness that attracts close combat gamers back to them again and again. Question

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you are right but I´m sure that nobody like the original CC games with the exception from CC2, it was the unique that people played many time without mod it. For me CC games are fantastic because they are a good plattform for mods, you can make your own CC game with all them and it is some that many games on this moment do not let you.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

And the worst thing, WaR still doesn't give a good experience of being a company commander during a campaign.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps because the strategy map does not give you a global image from all the campaign and it is big error.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Therion

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Perhaps because the strategy map does not give you a global image from all the campaign and it is big error.

Could you elaborate?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow a lot to cover here,

1st I didnt like the TRSM sound mod (sorry)
I like what came with the game,might change a few things but not many.
Doesnt depict the campaign properly?
I dont see that,it's fine the way it is in terms of towns depicted.
Operationl briefings?
They are only good for those who dont understand the campaign and are only good for the first reading,after that I pay no attention to them what so ever.
Commander pictures?
yea I miss that but prefeer the Character preferances the game displays now,(with mod installer)very over looked in CC but provides much more depth to the game than some dudes face.
A.I.?
A never ending conversation.

it would be very very nice to scale down the image of the Normandy.tga to allow more viewing of the strat map,but most likely will never be adresed unless modded.

Once the maps are fixed WAR will be more playable,but will eventually be doomed like CCIV for some reason or another.

Sad

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

More interesting is the mentioning of some of the new features from tLD being added to WAR.And a possible idea of commader characteristics being able to change with date/dates of the GC.

Any chance of a conversation about which ones will be added to WAR from those who know?

Schrecken?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: