Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:45 am Post subject: Patch ver.1.2 Reply with quote

Hey,

that's only 'Data Patch'.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=3128

Main chnges:
-Open-top tanx were invulnerable to small arms.Fixed.
-PzFaust 30 was inaccurate at up to 15m.Fixed.
-Marders received HE shells(6-Cool to not be so accurate vs inf with AP,SP shells.
-FK297(r)(russian ammunition) became PAK39(r)(german ammunition).So it is more or less PAK40 now.
-75mm M1/M8/M2 how packs became slightly weaker with HE shells.
-M4A3 had no smoke shells for it's smoke mortar.Received 10.
-some tweaks in guns ROF,HE shells perfomance,accuracy.

fixed unit icons,new graphics,sounds,new maps will come with ver2.0 in fall.

Last edited by Dima on Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dima. Now we're ready for war. :Cool

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Dima, thanks man Very Happy

Tacloban

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima,

I've been playing Utah since soon after it came out and I have been enjoying it greatly. Seems like quite a different game even though using the same maps. So the idea of new maps in 2.0 sounds great; any hints? Mont Castre expanded, approaches to St. Lo?

Also, fixing the rifle-invunerable open-topped vehicles will be appreciated.

Thanks for a great mod.

Tacloban

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx Tacloban,

for sure there will be new Isigny map(recoded BO map).
Still thinking about other Smile .

Pz_Meyer

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:21 am Post subject: Re: Patch ver.1.2 Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
Hey,

that's only 'Data Patch'.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=3128

Main chnges:
-Open-top tanx were invulnerable to small arms.Fixed.
-PzFaust 30 was inaccurate at up to 15m.Fixed.
-Marders received HE shells(6-Cool to not be so accurate vs inf with AP,SP shells.
-FK297(r)(russian ammunition) became PAK39(r)(german ammunition).So it is more or less PAK40 now.
-75mm M1/M8/M2 how packs became slightly weaker with HE shells.
-M4A3 had no smoke shells for it's smoke mortar.Received 10.ABSOLUTELY COOL MOD, PLEASE KEEP IT UP. ANY IMPROVEMENTS ON AN OUTSTANDING MOD WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. FORGOT WHAT I WAS PLAYING BFORE!
Very Happy -some tweaks in guns ROF,HE shells perfomance,accuracy.

fixed unit icons,new graphics,sounds,new maps will come with ver2.0 in fall.
Very Happy

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:30 am Post subject: hi dima, Reply with quote

just had the pleasure of playing this mod in the pzt v merc war, so spent a LOT of time on it.
anyhow, some inconsistancies have arisen.

the graphics, like gjs44(and 43) on german mk4,tige,r ATGs(pak 75/8Cool can fire from up to 45 degrees from what it appears to be facing.have some picks from gjs(same):

the reload times of the pak88 and inf guns are astounding! almost like 40/40 AA bofour! and the inf gun regularly takes out shermans at 300M.
also the minimum range is a astounding 10M!!!!!!!!!!!!!(pak 8Cool i threw a sherman, priest, morters unit, bazooka, command team and 1/2 rifle team at 1 gun surounded by hedges and it killed them all!!!!!(see pzt v merc war AAR tack v verbs for picks)

the open top tanks will ALMOST always not fire its main gun in close contact with the enemy, ive seen the priest/m8 fire the lovely canister SP round at close assulting infantry, but then the main weapons dissapear! from unit info...not suppressed,just gone. also i havent seen the .50 fire on the priest yet.

m3 half trucks, the .30 wont fire 30 degrees in front, only to the rear or sides, but the .50 a1/command do fire front on. annoying moving them sideways to fire in assults! they always try to turn front on! lol.

set up times for the .50 infantry is quite painful. i used the .30s in almost all assulting /moving scenarious, the .50 is static defence only, they seem to move out of church tops also and i have some teams never fire a shot and die,others mow down germans....well like a .50 should!

bazookas, spit wads with no range and seem to agrivate tanks front on. lol accurate.

stugs, the feared tanks, never put a sherman against them 1 on 1, it seemed to me i'd say have a 33% chance or winning(in a sherman), need to play more for accurate guage.maybe just me......;o(

i dont think i ever suffered a casualty from 1/2 dozen german air strikes, yet inflcted almost mortal strikes on german infantry and tanks, its like a 7.92mm HMG strike v 3" rockets and 500lb bombs!, maybe thats on purpoise? ;o)

also with the plug in, i had yellow smoke(infantry/air strike/morters) and twin p51/b25 strikes in GJS44plug in. uninstall file missing on graphics?

also the morter barrages where only effective on running infantry, i cant recall a ATG being killed by one yet, no immobiles light tanks even. more annoyance while running then a prep for assult.ditto 8cm morters, i always had 2, sometimes at 150M range, and cant recall killing a ATG, used to suppress and infantry assult(but never again against the dreaded pak 88 lol! oh the horror...the horror....)ill play more as germans to see how they stack up. not to much experience yet, will try soon, GC anybody???

can't wait for v2, 1.2 is exciting to learn.

tack

espree de corp

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

that's CC(1-5) bug.

10m Min range of Pak43/41 was mistake should be 20m. Pak43/Pak43/41 had semi-auto breach and could fire 25shots/min. In Utah it fires slower. German IG could KO Sherman with HL/C shell as it could penetrate 100mm at any range it reaches.

That's hard-coded,crew become pinned down so can't fire main gun.

US M3A1(.50cal main+.30cal) HT couldn't fire it's .30cal in front arc due to .30cal mount. M3 HT(w/o .50cal) could fire.

bazookas, spit wads with no range and seem to agrivate tanks front on. lol accurate.
stugs, the feared tanks, never put a sherman against them 1 on 1, it seemed to me i'd say have a 33% chance or winning(in a sherman), need to play more for accurate guage.maybe just me......;o(

don't really understand what u've tried to say by these Very Happy. Sherman has 33% chnce or StuG has? And what about zooka? Very Happy

Didn't pay attention to german Airstrikes as i meant to play GC in Utah...

Mortar barrage easily kills guns,immobilize tanx.
Mortars can't kill neither guns no open tops as imho it's more realistic.

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

20m range on paks' that would be better, cheers.

HT taking out shermans, ill just have to live with it, just in some 20 mods in cc3 i never really saw any inf guns (apart from 152mm) kill t34s or captured shermans. immob maybe, lucky shots on main gun, ok, kill front on at 300m, never.

.30 front firing, ill go with it, just annoying. but realistic, maybe cc3 trucks had some flex cable LOL Rolling Eyes ,just got to get used to side firing.

my point on bazookas, there shit in most mods/cc except cciv, dam killers with 150m od range. cc3 it was also 100M and makes tank crew fire faster directly at them. a true ambush weapon, side or rear please! as said, accurate.

barrages, maybe after lordys reg extra, the morters have naval barrage gjs style effect, different mods need ajusting, was hard learning the mod at same time as trying to win a war!

stugs....every stug i tried to take on with a sherman, usually ended up with a smoking sherman. ill have to get an opinion from other mercs and pzt, same with air/barrages. no disputes with UBER 88mm(effectiveness killing my shermans was 100%).
The m4a4 105mm(breach loading) i used (no7 & 6 on the gun) must of been a piece of shit, we had to place round on mount, stack the charge bags, as no6 on the gun i had to catch the shell,swing around,drop it fast in a pile 10 or so feet away,dropping quick not to get burnt catching with second hand), pick up the round, push it in, pick up the shell,load it, MOVE FINGERS, no5 closed the breach, fire, catch shell. 10 seconds approx, maybe 5 if enemy 100yrds. thats 6 sustained,12 rds per minute(mo fo rate)the pak88 is 1 rd every 2.4 seconds???. dam we must of been retards!.even my .303 bolt action id be pushing for 20 rds per min, thats with loading 2 strips of clips and firing every 3 seconds, id hit bugger all at 300m doin that, in military rifle shooting its just called the 'rapid' fire setion of the shoot.

anyhow, keep on modding, love playing different styles!

espree de corp

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

in Real Red PzIVD or StuGIIIE(both 7.5cmL/24)could kill T34 with frontal shot(did it myself).And for HEAT shell it doesn't matter wheather it is L/12 or L/24 or L/46. Penetration is same.

at more than 200m StuG40G is almost invulnerable to 75mm M3(Sherman gun).

in Utah Pak43/Pak43/41 shoots 1 shot in 4.5sec. And taking into account CC maps range it\s pretty realistic as they don't need to adjust aim at such range.

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:04 pm Post subject: ok Reply with quote

but most units in the mod are line, 2.4 to 4.5 rds per min would be elite crews not under fire( and have emergency ammo on hand, usually 5 to 10 rds) and AP ammo also slower to load im told then HE(have u seen how dam long them shels where? 105 hows inches shorter, thus faster to reload), line units with sharman comin at them or morters....i will argue no longer, just in shock of thse uber guns Rolling Eyes

yes ive also done t34s with stugs/mk4s l12, but its not fun, and often used all 5rds ht doin it. these guns have kill rate of a pak7.5 elite from cc1~5 on average in most mods. but this is not RR.

yes the stugs over 200M are just plain lethal, wish i had played more before the 'war', we lost so many shermans to stugs and inf guns it was a shock! pak 75/88,shrecks yes anticipated.

lastly, if not for mods, i would have a life and good mariage lol

...............oh and not be playing close combat.

tack

that means thanks for the mod, love playing them. thats all that counts right? look at lords mass murder mods(reg extra) aint realistic, but god dam fun killing so many....with so many

espree de corp

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

reports from that WWW helped me to fix some mistakes Smile .

say,
what Inf Gun that kills Sherman u meen?
AFAIK only 1 german BG has IG18 that have HEAT shells in that Op.

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The 12cm mortart (Sturm. Bat.) will not fire and continues to say "No Target" after redirecting fire. The mortar seems to fire at first, but then will not fire again. This might have to do with the minimum range factor, but even after redirecting fire at a distance, it still would not fire. One time when it had a solid LOS it fired, but the next time it wouldn't, especially at open top vehicles it wouldn't.

My assault on Wruff's forces were stalled when it became apparent my in-house artillery was no good!

Any thoughts on this?

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,

min range of 12cm is 200m.
They always fire here Confused .

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably right Dima, I was firing under 200m I think. Damned close though Razz Thx for the reply.

Mac

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When the priest is engaged it all of a sudden looses its main weapon! The only way to get it back is if you order it to move somewhere, but that doesn't do you much good Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Utah

Jump to: