Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Just goes to show, you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1697318

Yeh, amazing isn’t it. I have not reached out to him to my best knowledge...
Yeh, my influence is so grate every prospect war game buyer contact me and follow my advice, sad I gave CCMT 2 stars of 5 possible..

His post seem rare, but maybe true.
Just wonder how he feel after play the one map single battles 100 times?
And, as he say he’s new to CC, I wonder how his opinion would have been if he compared it to, lets say CC5?

But yeh, Interesting.

But hey, what that have to do with the topic?

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Your siimple question was loaded, so I fired it back.

As for CV's ... yours wins the moaners award.

I wonder if there is a positive post from you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Award, like the Iron Cross?

Moaning, yeh, after waiting for 8 years for a new CC, better CC? What you bring me? CCMT..
No, im sorry, it’s not to my liking at all. And thats not personal, just my opinion. Sorry about that.
My wish is simple, give me a CC better than CC5.. Is that to much to ask?

The consumer complains, and you do what??

Back to the old CSO style?

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm the one who started this post. I'm going to comment on the posts being made with regards to CSO and CCMT and then return back to the original purpose of this this thread.

Re: CSO - I used to access GS_Marcks (sp?) CC site way back when until it died and then I went searching and came across CSO. I have to thank CSO for making GJS available and for providing some feedback on how to manually load it before the plugins were ever available. But then CSO struggled providing support and got a little screwy and so I went searching and came across this little GEM called Closecombatseries.net (CCS). Quite frankly CSO doesn't compare very well to CCS from a functionality, access, and popularity standpoint. Mooxe and company have done an excellent job with this site and supporting CC junkies like me. That being said, I am in support of any effort that promotes the continued life and welfare of Close Combat as a whole. So I wish CSO continued success and applaud their efforts at trying to support and advance the interests of CC as a whole.

CCMT - I'm afraid I'm going to have to side with Stalky on this one. I am about as hardcore a CC'er as you will find in the CC community having played 1000's of games over the past many years from CC1 in the begining up to the present. I purchased retail every single CC game (except CoI) and bought CCMT back in November. Hell I even supported Atomic back in the V for Victory and World at War days. So I am a consumer and customer. SO HERE IS SOME VALID AND QUALIFIED CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FOR YOU. Putting it politely, CCMT fell siginificantly short of expectation, was poorly developed and marketed, and quite frankly has NOT been the least bit impressive.

Now understand I WANTED it to be good, I HOPED for the next best thing but quite frankly the CCMT team really mucked it up with this commercial release. But maybe that's the problem, maybe it was never meant for commercial release but was thrown out there anyway to make a quick buck.

Now some very good and constructive feedback has been provided within this website on the shortfalls of CCMT. I'm not going to take the time to spell it all out again. Mooxe and company put it to words quite nicely. Please understand that the feedback is being provided by people who are interested in seeing the success of CC. We are your customers and we're telling you what's wrong with your product so that you can improve it. Quit being so damn defensive. Now I do understand that a patch has been made that has taken into account some of the feedback. But I was so disenchanted with CCMT that I haven't touched it since December and haven't bothered to download the patch. How's that for consumer feedback.

Hopefully some valuable lessons have been learned from the development and marketing of CCMT that can be applied to the next release. Here's hoping the rerelease of CCV goes well and that CC6 will some day show up and knock the socks off all of us. Best of luck.

Returning to the purpose of this thread. I'm mainly interested in seeing the silent single playing majority to come out of the shadows and participate more actively and ESPECIALLY in a multiplayer role. We who player h2h religiously do not bite and will help you enjoy the game that much more.

So come on out to Gamespy and challenge someone to a fight.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn
Major
Pzt CC Gruppe

http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/PztCCGruppe2.html

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Best of luck.

Thanks, appreciate it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the origin of the CCS vs CSO conflict anyway?

(... or is this a "just don't go there" subject?)

I was absent-building-a-house when it all happened.

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Talorgan wrote:

i wasnt aware of any conflict. one thing however is different... if you criticize CCMT, you get bad reputation on CSO, which is like:

pls comment, freedom speech, upps wrong answer.

CCS is like an agora, with freedom of speech, while CSO seem to me like an oligarchical rhethoric odeon with a limited understanding of tolerance.

To brave men few words are as good as many

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Talorgan wrote:

In my mind, CSO did too much ignore new talents....

I remember having proposed SDK some 1 year ago... THen immediately after A hacker coming from Italy hacked the mod. CSO did support him. CCS did not.CSO did here a mistake.

I don't say that it is THE reason. It is ONE of the reasons.

Cheers
PJ

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
CSO_Talorgan wrote:

i wasnt aware of any conflict. one thing however is different... if you criticize CCMT, you get bad reputation on CSO, which is like:

pls comment, freedom speech, upps wrong answer.

CCS is like an agora, with freedom of speech, while CSO seem to me like an oligarchical rhethoric odeon with a limited understanding of tolerance.

What is sure is that CoI and CCMT have very badly damaged CSO. Suddenly, a lot of us did realise that bekind this Website was a commercial website.

If I can just give my opinion to CSO:

1) Go out of Matrix. Build a commercial site OUT of CSO. I will be the first one to buy CC6 if it is outside CSO (and CCS, of course)
2) NEVER again support mod hackers. With stupid arguments like "You are a moder and so use the CC engine, so everybody can hack your mod: you are nothing..." Once again, the ones who make CC alive are the moders. They spend months and even YEARS of their life to their passion. THey at least can get some respect. We rae not, at least here in France, in a juduciarious world.

Anyway, we are living bad times and I will not put petrol on the fire. We were right. Those who did not understand now understand.

CC is more important. So, long life to both CSO and CCS, and..... CLOSE COMBAT

Cheers
PJ

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

so your still upset that CSO hosted a mod you didn't like?

jeez!

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
CC is more important. So, long life to both CSO and CCS, and..... CLOSE COMBAT

I'll certainly drink to this!

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

dgfred wrote:
Hey Kevin, why don't you post some of your AARs from your MP games? I'm
sure it would get ton's of interest and maybe draw in a bunch of players. I
would love to hear some stories and see some screenies- even single games.
Newer players would likely be fascinated and you could even go over some
of the 'gentlemen's rules' for playing h2h.

I took your advise and posted a recent engagement fighting in Karelia2 vs Pzt_Chewy.

Here is the CCS Link with an opening operation description and one of the Finnish highlight battles

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4607

Here is the link to all of the AAR's posted through the end of Day 2 afternoon. Hostilities will recommence by the 20th of Feb (Chewy was busy).

http://www.xsorbit3.com/users/battlehqclosecombat/index.cgi?board=aar&action=display&num=1200798627&start=0

enjoy!

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

dehm

Rep: 28.3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, interesting post! I have some AARs to post but in spanish, BIP BIP BIP ERROR!!!, so i will wait because m english level is so poor...

I think CC is alive and I'm playing it with three friends, in a spanish strategic games forum, and we get fun and enjoy the mods: TRSM, GJS, EBro... a lot. In some weeks i hope to play SOC and Stalindrand as well...

The problem is than while modders have extended game live from two or three years to ten another games as CM are continue developed... pathed... and their community dont only survives... it grown up! We need these things!!!

Thx

dehm

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: