Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
reinald

Rep: 20.3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:25 pm Post subject: ModManager: "Failed ot copy ... Reply with quote

... C:\Program Files\SSI\...\CC5.exe to System\Original\CC5.exe because C:\Program Files\SSI\...\CC5.exe does not exist".

This is the error msg I get when I try to install GJS via CfgV13. And it is correct, my vanilla game is in 'C:\Programme' not 'C:\Program Files'.

I've done a search of the tech support forum and found a hint that I should edit the registry (I suppose the path to the orig game?) and allusions to another post where this is explained but I couldn't dig up that post.

Can you, pls, point me in the right direction or explain the procedure. Thx.

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

look at content folder ( left option) and check out the french guide or english one about
registry. How to play CCV mod when CCV isnt on C by default

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

reinald

Rep: 20.3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for help. For readers: this is the topic ZAPPI4 refers to: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=81

stapleton_cotton

Rep: 36.1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: ModManager: "Failed ot copy ... Reply with quote

Thanks for the link - alas when I looked at it my brain fried and oozed out of my ears - pages and pages of computer jargon to play a game I used to be able to just click a few buttons and play? To someone as computer illiterate as me it's just never going to happen.

I'm sure it's the fault of my horrendous new Windows 7 (with its two Program Files folders etc) but can anyone help me to get GSJ installed?

DarkScipio

Rep: 6.4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:45 am Post subject: Re: ModManager: "Failed ot copy ... Reply with quote

Had the same problem. And its really easy to do these steps. Just type in regedit in the searchbar of Win7 and go through the steps, took me 45 seconds.

If you need help. Contact me.

http://www.therainforestsite.com
Click to help the rainforest. Only one second per Day.
http://www.dieregenwaldseite.de

True_Grit

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:56 am Post subject: Re: ModManager: "Failed ot copy ... Reply with quote

Okay, this was a very informative thread, but I still have some problems despite following along with the instructions for "regediting".

I'm trying to install the GJS mod on my new Windows 7 machine.  I can get the basic CC5 to play, and I can follow along with all the install instructions, right up to step #7

That is the final step, where I'm supposed to use CfgV13.exe to actually install GJSv44, but it's not there in the list of "not installed" versions, to install.

So I tried using "regedit" to make the "InstalledTo" locations the same for both my Close Combat 5.00 and 5.01, but that didn't change anything when I tried to use the config manager again.

So... anybody have any good ideas or tips or solutions?  Thanks!!

True_Grit

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:20 am Post subject: Re: ModManager: "Failed ot copy ... Reply with quote

True_Grit wrote (View Post):

Okay, this was a very informative thread, but I still have some problems despite following along with the instructions for "regediting".

I'm trying to install the GJS mod on my new Windows 7 machine.  I can get the basic CC5 to play, and I can follow along with all the install instructions, right up to step #7

That is the final step, where I'm supposed to use CfgV13.exe to actually install GJSv44, but it's not there in the list of "not installed" versions, to install.

So I tried using "regedit" to make the "InstalledTo" locations the same for both my Close Combat 5.00 and 5.01, but that didn't change anything when I tried to use the config manager again.

So... anybody have any good ideas or tips or solutions?  Thanks!!

Okay, I realized I was being a dummy and not using the actual "active" config tool that was installed, but just a copy I had on my hard drive.  However, still problems:  
"Failed to copy System\Packages\GJSv44\CC5.exe to c:\Program Files (x86)\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe (Error code = 5)"
Any idea how to fix that one?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: