Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1270
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa is right. Its in the comersial files.

There you have it:

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Click Scenario Settings and set Axis Supply = Low...and you will see the anomalies Sapa pointed out.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but Sapa is wrong because it does not happen on VetBoB mod. I have tested it with all possible changes on supply or other difficult settings first than put my previous answer and I have seen it again now. It does not happen on VetBoB.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

:bye

Sapa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

:eek2

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like these blanks simply mean there is no unit available for that particular day.

For exemple, create a battle involving the 14th/5FJ on day 20, and play the battle as germans. In the scenario editor, there are many blanks. However, once in the BG screen, you will see these units are still listed in the forcepool but none are available because of attrition.

It is the case for the PAK 43 88mm. It will still be listed at its place in the forcepool (in the BG screen before battle) but with no gun available. So instead of listing the forcepool in the scenario editor screen with 0 unit available, they just left it blank.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats ONE of the reasons why ppl here say its a shame that BGedit tool for CC5 cant be used in WaR,
becose with it we remove them emty lines so easy and fast in BGedit.
Then we would not have those "knocked out teath" as we see here.

The other reasons and more importent reasons have been mention so many times over 5 pages,
that I will not repeat em one more time.

In general it seem ppl have trubble read what is said here, I hope the reson simply is becose we are so bad in english.
But I can only hope.

Edit spelling

teath1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.4 KB
 Viewed:  6294 Time(s)

teath1.JPG

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looks like these blanks simply mean there is no unit available for that particular day.

Yes, game will not show you the teams where there are a "0", you can choose these teams only on one particular day or different difficult setting like recruit. But it is not a problem from mod.
About 1.02B, it is a beta.

Sapa I do not know because you are trying to make me to pay your lack of knowledge modding. I´m not the guilty if you do not like it or the tools that you can use on it. :what2

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it does have a slightly odd look about it... but

As further illustration.

Day 23 on left day 24 on right.

The grille is no longer available.

It does look a little odd with empty spaces starting to appear around the lists.

Wouldn't it be better if it displayed the team but stated 0 available as written in the fpools.txt?

As it is it does point to the fact that the BG is becoming depleted, a good pointer to the scenario designer, but does have the odd look about it.

If it just slides the team up there is no indication to the scenario designer that the team has already seen battle and may be suffering the effects.

Suggestions, proposals any other thoughts.
[/b]

A0985.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.57 KB
 Viewed:  6258 Time(s)

A0985.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, as BGedit dont work in WaR, one have to "settle" with either i guess.

IMO I much rather have "NAME 0", than the "knocked out teath".

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

My preference would be to list the unit name with a quantity of zero

Sapa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:

Yes, game will not show you the teams where there are a "0", you can choose these teams only on one particular day or different difficult setting like recruit. But it is not a problem from mod.
About 1.02B, it is a beta.

Sapa I do not know because you are trying to make me to pay your lack of knowledge modding. I´m not the guilty if you do not like it or the tools that you can use on it. :what2

That is why we are so happy to have you Nomada to make all these perfect mods Wink

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That is why we are so happy to have you Nomada to make all these perfect mods Wink

Tell us one thing, have you payed money by them? I think that all us know the answer. I think that you should write this type of comments only on your head, specially when you like to make mods. Mad

PD: If you look for on net, you never will see to me speaking bad about the mods from other people.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ADMIN INFO:

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

This has started to derail,
ANY MORE POST NOT IN LINE WITH SAPAs ORIGINAL TOPIC: "How can you say it is easy to mod!?" will be moved to the garbage bin thread.
STAY ON TOPIC.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The line from Sapa topic should be fully garbage because he started attacking my work from many answers ago.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think mod is perfect, so you cant throw stones at it.. however full blown versions of game are open game.

Namada has done mods, period.. so cut him slack if things arent perfect. the fact is moddoing CC4 and 5 isnt as easy as CC3, which shlubs like me mod for! Wink as for Sapa, his modding is outstanding as well.. so its a hard debate to take any side too... Im happy you ar eboth modders!

Sorry stalky.. we should keep this on topic, its an importnat one... I hope what I wrote above is soemthign which calms everyone down!

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not said some post are garbage, I have said that any more oftopic post will be moved into garbage thread.
@ Buf, no need to take side, as this thread IS NOT gona be turn into a "who makes best mod"... Thought, Feel free to make such thread. Or why not some excelent map guids? Smile

Sapa have with images made clear what he meent, no ware have he said firefox mod is bad, please read his post one more time and we see that Firefox. Sapa just pointed out the missing lines that is so easy awoided when use BGedit tool, when that was shallanged and it was said non had em mising lines he just posted images to "prove" that he was right, there was missing lines. And thats a part of what is debated here, how easy modded CC5 is, and how sad it is the tool dont work for WaR.

Last time I say this,
Back on topic plz....
IM LOCKING THIS THREAD FOR 48 houers so everyone can reflect on this in calmness.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Im unlocking this one, and remember its not about whos mod is best etc.
Stay on topic plz.

The TOPIC IS:

How can you say it is easy to mod!?

And this time its direct movement of any oftopic posts.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Squad points out that this post belong here but he was unable to place it here as it was locked. So I make a qoute of it instead of moving it as its sort of belongs in the original thread to.

squadleader_id wrote:
BTW, the move to txt files editable via spreadsheet apps is fine...but I don't agree with some of the changes...some of them just giving modders extra work (like changing TRUE and FALSE into "1" and "0", changing columns, changing data formats).
Also...the txt files are not user friendly...at least compared to adbs paired with Qclone.
At least when you load adbs in Qclone...you have the column headers...very handy for data editing. With the txt files...if you load them in a spreadsheet...you have no header column...you need to load them into the WAR Workbook (which needs updating and revisions!)...carefully pasting them below the headers before you can edit them.
Sure...modding using the Workbook is the way to go...but with Qclone we can make minor changes/edits of individual adbs without having to load the whole workbook data.

If the designers really wanted the txt data files to be more user friendly...then why leave out those handy column headers in the files??

Edit: This post should go well with this locked thread Very Happy :
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5771  

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Please accept my apologize Nomada!

And it is not the knowledge of modmaking that makes me post images in this thread. If people wants to spend weeks looking through these txt files in the forcepool its there choice, I haven’t said anything about that, just stated that it’s a work I don’t like!

I didn’t say your mod was bad! when you said this and I saw all the missing lines in your forcepool it was for me like shoot in an open goal:

Quote:
Sorry but Sapa is wrong because it does not happen on VetBoB mod. I have tested it with all possible changes on supply or other difficult settings first than put my previous answer and I have seen it again now. It does not happen on VetBoB..

It is no use for me to keep on this discussion any more because I have my opinions about the changes in WaR and you guys have yours…it’s like an old Swedish story “smash your head against a stonewall”.

I saw some post about that the changes from adb to txt was a way to take CC into the future, I sure hope that this guy knows what he is talking about because I don’t!

Couldn’t help I was real disappointed and sad about this new release of CC4, i expected more and had big plans for it, but realised there is no way I could spend all that time digging in those txt files….

I will now leave this thread because my intention was not to upset people, just my opinions about my loved CC Crying or Very sad

Mats

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: