Have you taken an absence from Close Combat? You may have some old campaigns in your save folder with opponents still out there ready to pick up the torch. Here are some easy checks you can make when you enter the strategic screen to get back into things. You wouldn't of overlooked them when you were playing regularly, but they are easy to forget when you'v been gone awhile. Follow the steps to get back into the groove and possibly gain a surprise advantage over your opponent.
Pre Battle Verifications
1. Check the weather. Bad weather can create muddy terrain.
2. Check composition of enemy battle group. If its infantry, leave the ATGs and Panzershrecks at home.
3. Open the map preview and check to see which road exits you own. Trace your supply line back to a friendly depot.
4. Cycle through the dates to find out what reinforcements are deploying and how much time is left in the campaign.
5. Check the time of day, and if its night. If its the last round of battles for the day use your support or lose it!
6. Check your units level of supply. Ammo, Fuel, Fatigue and Cohesion. The latter two for the rereleases.
In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited
and found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some
of the great Close Combat mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank
all the members of our volunteer staff that have helped over
the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!